Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

£100 to fill my car up

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2011, 08:38 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default £100 to fill my car up

at sainsburys yesterday. had a 5p per litre off so I went in to fill the Lexus LS400. £99.82 this is just getting beyond ridiculous. will probably get about 400 miles out of that as well
Old 23 April 2011, 08:44 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Not a problem if you have a Spec C!
Old 23 April 2011, 09:14 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting bad isn't it.

I make a point of not letting it drop below half a tank, at least it doesn't feel as bad filling it up. Doesn't actually save you anything but doesn't sting quite as much as £100 in one go.
Old 23 April 2011, 09:27 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

60ish litre tank here (squeeze 63 litres in sometimes), low £80's to fill

TX.
Old 23 April 2011, 09:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
at sainsburys yesterday. had a 5p per litre off so I went in to fill the Lexus LS400. £99.82 this is just getting beyond ridiculous. will probably get about 400 miles out of that as well
It is a lot of money. You can only consider how much you would enjoy walking that 400 miles I suppose.

Les
Old 23 April 2011, 09:46 AM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Watched a guy in a Range Rover put £114 in his motor to fill it....

Still @ 400 miles for £100, that is still an improvement on my scoob, and most sti scoobs i would say....mine = £60 to fill and a less than 200 mile return...
Old 23 April 2011, 09:47 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Getting bad isn't it.

I make a point of not letting it drop below half a tank, at least it doesn't feel as bad filling it up. Doesn't actually save you anything but doesn't sting quite as much as £100 in one go.
A much better idea would be to only ever 3/4 fill it - continuous weight saving of around 10kg (give or take a bit, depending on the size of your tank), so your fuel consumption can only go down in the long run.
Old 23 April 2011, 09:51 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Friends of friends have cancelled a caravanning trip to Scotland when the fuel costs went over £600 As you say, geting stupid and WILL get worse.

The fuel companies will keep pushing until we stop them, but Lying Labour made THAT a terrorist offence B@st@rds!
Old 23 April 2011, 09:56 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I suppose you can only look on the positive side of things.....there will be less people on the roads so less traffic jams.

The price is only going to go up, oil companies can charge what they want as they are a cartel. The government is going to add as much tax as they can, for as long as they can. £2 a litre, here we come, no seriously, its not going to be that much longer before we are there.
Old 23 April 2011, 10:02 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It's scandalous. This Country really is in a mess with us lot being the biggest losers
Old 23 April 2011, 10:06 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Every week it's going up.
When will this greed from oil companies and governments end?
Old 23 April 2011, 10:10 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Every week it's going up.
When will this greed from oil companies and governments end?
It won't. Fossil fuels are a finite resource of which we have very little of in our own country. We depend on them, and the countries which have the resources are going to make a mint in the next century (assuming you think they have not done so already).
Old 23 April 2011, 10:13 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Red Diesel FTW!
Old 23 April 2011, 10:15 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Yeah, you could have a point about red diesel. Get a cheap car, so cheap that you don't care if they impound it, and just fill up with red.
Old 23 April 2011, 10:18 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Mine is less than £40 to fill up still I can do 300 miles on it too. People need to get with the programme and buy smaller engined cars
Old 23 April 2011, 10:18 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Yeah, you could have a point about red diesel. Get a cheap car, so cheap that you don't care if they impound it, and just fill up with red.
Some characters have been doing that for years........
Old 23 April 2011, 10:19 AM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Why would it end?......very little oil left now.....charge what you can, when you can?

Personally i cannot see how it can be the oil companies fault?....

still fuel costs little more than a litre of Coca Cola, and less than a litre of lager in the pub!......yet oil is blasted(often) out of rock miles under the ocean, or sucked out of the bowels of the earth, pumped onto a rig where hundreds of people are at risk, then pumped to shore, then shipped often half way around the world to a refinery, then it gets fractionally distilled, then they actually alter the once crude oil at a molecular level, then onto a tanker, then into an underground tank, then up the pump to your car; think about all the potential environmental disasters that are possible, and all the lives that are put at risk along the way......but hey Lager is Water, hops, malt & barley....all of which are plentiful..

Maybe a car that runs on lager is the answer!.....The TAX on fuel is of course a disgrace, the cost involved in terms of the raw product from the oil company is to my mind not such an outrage..
Old 23 April 2011, 10:25 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

It won't. Fossil fuels are a finite resource of which we have very little of in our own country. We depend on them, and the countries which have the resources are going to make a mint in the next century (assuming you think they have not done so already).
Which is why it is so important to invest in developing our own independent source of energy. Use our strengths, we are an island so waves and sea are in abundance, add to this the wind that comes from off shore and we would only have ourselves to blame if we are still relying on foreign oil with £££ draining straight out of our economy and in to the middle east.
Old 23 April 2011, 10:26 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Mine is less than £40 to fill up still I can do 300 miles on it too. People need to get with the programme and buy smaller engined cars
F*ck the programme..
F*ck small engined cars, been there years ago building my no claims up when i first passed my test...
Old 23 April 2011, 10:26 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i thought i read somewhere the usa has billions of barrels in as yet untapped reserves. i stand to be corrected though.
Old 23 April 2011, 10:29 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

a litre bottle of water at heathrow £4 odd. meh......petrol is cheap
Old 23 April 2011, 10:35 AM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

national geographic suggest there is between 25 and 40yrs of oil left in the world at todays rates of use.

If places like China and India continue to develope that usage will go up...a lot..., if large new deposits are found of course that will aid the length of use, but in many of our lives we will see the *** end of oil.
Old 23 April 2011, 10:36 AM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

i thought i read somewhere the usa has billions of barrels in as yet untapped reserves. i stand to be corrected though.

Certainly i read they found a pot full in Alaska....
Old 23 April 2011, 11:04 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

If the maths off the top of my head is right, thats 25 pence a mile. Isn't that what taxis charge?
Old 23 April 2011, 11:11 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

As well as bitching about it, go over to fairfueluk and sign the petition.

http://www.fairfueluk.com/documents/petition.html

It takes seconds and if a petition with 1,000,000 signatures drops outside No10, and Camoron thinks about what 1,000,000 fewer votes would mean, it might help.
Old 23 April 2011, 11:14 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I did mine this morning £75.00 I've got a 260 mile trip to do this afternoon.Its stupid already not getting,and yet if you deduct the fuel tax AND vat,it would be quite cheap...
Old 23 April 2011, 11:44 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

It's beyond me why the government is using fuel to milk more money out of us. They're relying upon the private sector to lead the recvery and yet everyone relies upon petro/diesel vehicles be it as part of their work or to simply get to/from work and they're making it so expensive.

Oh hang on, they're a bunch of self centred, self serving c**ts, silly of me to forget that!
Old 23 April 2011, 12:11 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

The price is only going to go up, oil companies can charge what they want as they are a cartel. The government is going to add as much tax as they can, for as long as they can. £2 a litre, here we come, no seriously, its not going to be that much longer before we are there.
People will eventually stop driving though fella as they'll have no choice. It'll be an interesting & significant change to society when it happens ... cars for the rich only?

TX.
Old 23 April 2011, 12:18 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Didnt the last time the petrol soared get met with a price fall due to lack of demand? Why is this no happening this time?
Old 23 April 2011, 12:18 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby
still fuel costs little more than a litre of Coca Cola, and less than a litre of lager in the pub!......yet oil is blasted(often) out of rock miles under the ocean, or sucked out of the bowels of the earth, pumped onto a rig where hundreds of people are at risk, then pumped to shore, then shipped often half way around the world to a refinery, then it gets fractionally distilled, then they actually alter the once crude oil at a molecular level, then onto a tanker, then into an underground tank, then up the pump to your car; think about all the potential environmental disasters that are possible, and all the lives that are put at risk along the way......but hey Lager is Water, hops, malt & barley....all of which are plentiful..
FPMSL, peeps don't generally buy 60 litres of CC a week though fella

TX.

Quick Reply: £100 to fill my car up