Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nitric Oxide supplements for the gym??

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2011, 12:40 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nitric Oxide supplements for the gym??

Found this old thread here but just wondered if anyone had any feedback about NO supplements. Are they a wonder boost? I enjoy going to the gym 3-4 times per week, I'm never going to be a bodybuilder but feel I have reached a plateau and would like to build more strength. Does Nitric Oxide actually give you a real "pump"?
Old 12 April 2011, 01:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I HOPE, I SERIOUSLY HOPE, you mean NitrOUS oxide?

NitRIC oxide is acidic and very nasty substance..........
Old 12 April 2011, 01:44 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Somebody also recommended Carrotbollock Stairods as well...or something like that!
Old 12 April 2011, 02:03 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgcvk
Found this old thread here but just wondered if anyone had any feedback about NO supplements. Are they a wonder boost? I enjoy going to the gym 3-4 times per week, I'm never going to be a bodybuilder but feel I have reached a plateau and would like to build more strength. Does Nitric Oxide actually give you a real "pump"?
Effectively it is supposed to broaden the arteries and improve circulation within the body. Thus it can give a heightened effect of the 'pump' which should also last longer. Also as a result of improved blood flow it means better nutrient and oxygen supply to the muscles resulting in gains. It can also have an anti inflammatory effect which should reduce muscle soreness and general pains. Hell it is even alleged to improve erectile function! Generally it does seem like a wonder supplement but it's effects will vary from one to another.
As with any supplementation it does have side effects, I could go in to them but IF you wish to take it then do some research and get all the info yourself.
Old 12 April 2011, 03:23 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The answer is YES it can, but its costly!....i used "morph" when i trained, and it did work, sometimes painfully.

Your money WILL be better spent on a super high protein diet though, meat in spades will give the right result...not great for you in truth but a must for recovery and growth...
Old 12 April 2011, 03:23 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Try Jack3d. I am waiting for it to arrive and have heard good things about it.
Old 12 April 2011, 03:46 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I HOPE, I SERIOUSLY HOPE, you mean NitrOUS oxide?

NitRIC oxide is acidic and very nasty substance..........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biologi...f_nitric_oxide

I tried a sample of Jack3d, but it didn't do anything for me. Each person is different though and so it may be a case of experimenting with different Nitric Oxide products to find one you like.

I highly rate them as a training aid, not sure if you really get a bigger pump, it may be a placebo, but I feel I do and so it makes me train harder. Some of them contain large amounts of caffeine and other things found in energy drinks, it's like having 10 cans of Red Bull before the gym and makes you feel great. Doesn't matter how tired I am after work, I have a glass 15 mins before training and you can feel it kick in.

NO Xplode is pretty good, but it depends how well you react to stimulants.

Dorian Yates NOX pump I found really good, but it's not the cheapest and tastes like sh*t, price has come down from what it used to be though

Ultralife extreme NOX pump is the same formula as the original Dorian Yates one that used to be around and again, is really good, but tastes awful.

Warriors Rage is the one I currently have, much smaller tub than the others, but serving size is smaller and it works really well. You only need one scoop where as I was having 2.5 scoops of NO xplode, so despite the small tub, it lasts ages and it's one of the cheapest.

Didn't rate the Animal pump one, didn't think it did anything.

Gaspari Super pump 250 was another that was supposed to be good, but wasn't for me. Gave good pumps, but didn't give me that "awake" feeling of the others and gave me stomach ache.

Levrone Formula, found that to be over-hyped crap. Did nothing for me, small tub and not cheap.

Most of them have creatine in them as well, but I still take it seperatly as a supplement along with protein powder or weight gain.

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co....age-2-26-c.asp

http://www.deepbluesupplements.com/d...-workout/50681

Last edited by Saint AAI; 12 April 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2011, 08:21 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Don't bother with these expensive supplements. If you really want that pump then just get some Dianabol, it will be much cheaper and give you actual results, not placebo effects that some of these so called supplement give.

Best advice though would be concentrate on your diet
Old 12 April 2011, 09:40 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And kill off his liver in the process hmmm.

No boosters, tried lord knows how many, as for sp250 why do you think people call it superdump, it got my pipes rattling

Jack3d is good as it contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine which gives you quite a kick, it's also banned in the wada list should you decide to compete, which i doubt.

With wo supps you really do have to try em all, each person is different im afraid.

I personally love andraulic state gt, i get a good pump from it and don't wind up climbing the walls in the evening, it's quite light on stimulants.

Did try bmi black powder, how that was interesting so will be buying a tub in the future.

But as mamoon says diet first.
Old 13 April 2011, 06:40 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Don't bother with these expensive supplements. If you really want that pump then just get some Dianabol, it will be much cheaper and give you actual results, not placebo effects that some of these so called supplement give.

Best advice though would be concentrate on your diet
Agree with the diet part, that is the most important. No need to supplement with protein powders and all that crap if your getting what you need from your food. My diets poor, I eat loads, but it's normally junk food.

Don't agree with the Dianabol bit though, not everyone that goes to the gym wants to take steroids. Plus there are the possible side effects, acne, hair loss, it's liver toxic, Gynecomastia etc... There's also the fact that you can only legally obtain it in this country with a prescription or by importing it. Meaning there is also a chance that the stuff your buying from that dodgy bloke in the gym or off that website may be duff. Also it's banned in professional sports.

I'll stick with my normal supplements, they're not expensive if you shop around and don't get sucked in by the marketing crap.

Eat properly and train hard is the advice I would give.
Old 13 April 2011, 09:11 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want a pump try ephredine eca stack I am not sure if it is still legal in this Country anymore though in pure form.
Old 13 April 2011, 10:13 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Hmm. It is a bit of a mine field then. As NO is naturally produced in the body it would seem to make sense as a supplement but it seems not entirely without side-effects. My diet is pretty good though you get bored of chicken. Wife is veggie but I do eat red meat, but don't want to eat too much of it for health and cost reasons. Have tried protein shakes but they seem to bloat me out. At my level I'm probably best to just persevere. I had a trial session with a personal trainer and he pushed me harder than I do myself. Might be better to spend money on a bit more personal training then rather than supplements - I suppose we all want quick dramatic results.
Old 13 April 2011, 10:44 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Buy a sample of an NO product and give it a try.
Old 13 April 2011, 11:32 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Dianabol provided you don't mind putting on weight, developing breasts, ruining your liver, acne, baldness temper tanturms ......
Old 25 June 2011, 01:43 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Digging a old thread up..........

Any of you gym lads tried anything from 'star labs'
Led to believe it originates out of Poland
Old 25 June 2011, 01:53 PM
FitnessFreak83
Scooby Regular

donny andi -
i heard of it a few years back but havent known it to be very available lately?? Also polish omnadren known to be counterfited quite widely so i would say beware!!

Trusted seller???...
Old 25 June 2011, 02:00 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FitnessFreak83
donny andi -
i heard of it a few years back but havent known it to be very available lately?? Also polish omnadren known to be counterfited quite widely so i would say beware!!

Trusted seller???...

Hmmm I trust very few people bud........but this time I think he's 100%
I do know where to get samples tested as these are mixed separate

I thought I had heard the name before but wasn't 100% on it
Think a genuine test is required

Thanks for your time fitness freak appreciated
Old 25 June 2011, 03:01 PM
FitnessFreak83
Scooby Regular

If you have the option to get them tested buddy, i would of course suggest you do it everytime!!! What with counterfeits, and fakes, and that many black market labs about...

you can never be too sure right???

All the best fella
Old 25 June 2011, 05:07 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Dianabol provided you don't mind putting on weight, developing breasts, ruining your liver, acne, baldness temper tanturms ......

Screw all this new stuff get Anaplon 50......50mg's of 1950's Russian liver failure in a pill.....gain a stone a month and die at 50.....Arnie famously said he never took steriods, then later in life said he did.....a lot...in fact of D-Bol he said he shook them on his "wheeties" and ate them for breakfast.....die big, DIE YOUNG!
Old 25 June 2011, 07:05 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they got busted a while back, so probably counterfeit id avoid like the plague.

Try uk muscle for any info, but don't mention wildcat or elite pharma labs, i think there's a banned lab list, so don't mention whoever is in there.

That aside fire away, you'll get far more info there.

Originally Posted by donny andi
Digging a old thread up..........

Any of you gym lads tried anything from 'star labs'
Led to believe it originates out of Poland

Last edited by hux309; 25 June 2011 at 07:07 PM.