Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

supplements

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2007, 06:36 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supplements

been looking on myprotein.co.uk and seen a few things, has anyone used them or had any experiance with them?? Ive used creatine and whey protein before.

No2 extreme x 180 capsules - Sports supplements | myprotein.co.uk

Creatine ethyl ester x 180 tablets - Sports supplements | myprotein.co.uk

Tribulus terrestris x 100 capsules - Sports supplements | myprotein.co.uk
Old 22 April 2007, 10:45 AM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

no one tried these???
Old 22 April 2007, 07:21 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Default my protein

yeah used them loads, they are pretty good, and very competitive on pricing.
There unflavoured whey is good, just mix with a bit of robinsons for milk and its good stuff..

Sean
Old 22 April 2007, 08:53 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

what about thise 3 above though????
Old 24 April 2007, 12:56 PM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Default Supplements

Sorry mate, misread it, they all seem good deals although CEE is alot cheaper uncapped but tastes like cr*p, although you do get used to it....I have always found Bulgarian trib to work better for me and theres doesnt say its bulgarian trib, Have used No2 from other brands before and found it a waste of money.

Sean
Old 24 April 2007, 01:05 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

have you tried the Whey consortium?????
Old 24 April 2007, 01:27 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
have you tried the Whey consortium?????
no i havnt but i will check it out now! just wanting to know if these products above are safe and whether they actually work???
Old 24 April 2007, 01:38 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard Tribulus Terrestris is supposed to be good but haven't used it myself

this is the protein I use at the mo and I swear by it .... V good product

Site Title

Not using creatine at the mo as I'm trying to cut but have used it in the past

It will add size as it forces water into your muscles and it def increases your strenght in my experience

Last edited by NAF; 24 April 2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 24 April 2007, 01:55 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As regards Nitric oxide products this is the one i use and would recommend...

BSN NO Xplode User Reviews - BSN NO Explode Review and Feedback

have a look at the reviews and decide for yourself if its for you .... not everyone gets the same effect from it apparently

hope this helps

niall

Last edited by NAF; 24 April 2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 24 April 2007, 04:42 PM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Hi, before going down the supplements path, how is your diet / work out / goals ? Saying supplements are good or bad depends on your diet and your training. Are you trying to put on mass ? tone up ? even cut ?

Do you go on :- MuscleTalk Bodybuilding Forum ?? Lots of advice on diet / supplements / training.

For me, Im trying to cut, whilst keeping mass. Always difficult as your body trys to go catabolic and eat muscle growth.

SBK
SBK
Old 25 April 2007, 07:01 AM
SeanT
Scooby Regular

Smile Supps

Yeah would definatley advice going to Muscletalk before spending your cash on a load of supps, get some real world advice instead of the sales write ups you generally get on sales sites.

I found No2 did work in respect it gives you a pump but dont think you will gain anything physically out of it. The trib is a natural test booster, again this works for some and not for others but is usually used as an aid to help test recovery.

Creatine as people have pointed out will help you gain strength and hold some water, a great starting supp to have with your Protein shake.

More important than anything is diet, get this and a good routine worked out and you will see good gains without the supps...

Good luck.

Sean
Old 25 April 2007, 12:32 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

I use Myprotien all the time - Their Ultra fine scottish oats are great for adding to shakes to get your carbs in. I use the MPMax whey too, great stuff!! Good value for money too, you won't find better

As the guys say, check out Muscletalk.co.uk and make sure your diet/training/rest is right.

If you are eating right, training right and resting right, you should see good results. Its all about the diet tho mate!!

Do you think you really need those supps, the only supps you should need if your eating right, with the exception of creatine (if you react to it - 1/3rd people do not) is Whey / Omega 3 caps / Fish oils and maybe some flax oil to get the good fats in

Post up some stats on yourself, i.e Weight/Height/how long training/Goals/Diet.... and we will be able to advise you better.
Old 25 April 2007, 06:01 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice, i have been on muscletalk and had a read! i am 6ft 2in and weigh 15.5stone. been doing weights on and off for about 2 years but really kept it regular in the last 6months. at first my goal was too increase mass and strength and i put a couple of stone on quite easily. now i just want to get a bit bigger upper body, arms, chest,back,shoulders etc. gain the size and then try and get really cut, which i know is the hard part lol. TBH my diet isnt good, or bad, i know i could improve it though, the main thing i struggle with is i have a manual job which is like a workout in itself and i start at 5am which is a killer for sleep!!!
Old 25 April 2007, 06:42 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

You should be able to work your diet around your job and the fact you do a manual job can only help increase strength.

it takes a bit of effort, prepare your food at night for the following few days. People always underestimate how important diet is. diet is twice as important as training when it comes to body building. Get your diet sorted and you will notice a massive the difference.

Supplements alone wont get you big, neither will gear unless you eat right
Old 26 April 2007, 08:48 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Im in the same boat. Ive put on some mass around my upper half, shoulders, pecs, arms etc and am trying to cut. I have a demanding office job which means up at 5am for 30 mins cross training, off to work for 7am, home at 7pm. Lucky, we have some sort of gym here, not much in it, but enough to keep me happy.

Ive really seen how diet controls how the body grows. In the begining I was eating a good size amount of clean food and could see gains in size and strength. Now, as Im cutting, and pulling back the portions etc, Ive noticed that my strength isnt as good. Im also on ECA stacks, mainly due to the appetite suppressant nature.

As your trying to put on mass, and having a manual job, then I would be eating lots of small, high protien meals.

I work in IT, so sit infront of a desk. Before working as an IT ****, I was hoping to work in scaffolding, as all that upper body work out, could really put on some size :-)

Im 6.1ft, Im 17stone, so 109 kgs or so. my protien / carb levels , per a day, should be 109x3 = 330g protiens / 109x4=440g carbs. Work out your maintance levels, add more because your trying to put on mass. Try to remember that you do a manual job, so need to make sure your carbs are right.

Its such a science and to be honest, I havent really got control of it yet, but in time, who knows.

SBK
Old 26 April 2007, 09:14 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Cartman: Follow your dreams, You can reach your goals, I'm living proof! Beefcake! BEEFCAAKE!

And

Cartman: Sweet, check me out. I'm such a beefcake, I can't even fit through the door.

BEEFCAKE