Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Well, that's just great - isn't it?

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2011, 10:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Well, that's just great - isn't it?

Households' disposable income fell for the first time in almost 30 years according to the Office for National Statistics, first decline in spending power since 1981 came as wages failed to keep up with soaring inflation.

Source:- http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1301414259727A

While the Bankers still mop up and get inflation busting rises
Old 29 March 2011, 10:46 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, we're in it for the long haul. A whole generation in poverty. Begging bowl's at the ready (I'll still keep the Scoob though ).

[scottish accent] "Yer can tek ma freedom, but ya'll ne'er tek ma Scoob!!!" [/scottish accent]

Last edited by joz8968; 29 March 2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 29 March 2011, 10:49 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're all in it together.
Old 29 March 2011, 10:53 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yeah, have you ever noticed that those who say that are most definately NOT 'in' anything other than vast wealth and security??
Old 29 March 2011, 11:00 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

The thing about millionaire politicians, is that they don't have to entertain being poor. It matters not a jot to THEM the state of the country, at the end of the day.

How dare Cameron has the neck to trot out that bollox. Talk about taking the **** out of the populous - the c**t!
Old 30 March 2011, 12:47 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

But........

Our recent, so called rises in spending power have come about from the last government maxing out the country's credit credit cards and making us all feel richer.

Any fool can get a credit card with a massive limit and live off it, having a good lifestyle and appearing to be doing well. It has to be paid back at some point. The current lot are now working out how to pay it back and actually facing the issues, which means no more meals out and frilly knickers.

Labour bankrupted us. They ruined the country's finances and have sold the next generation down the river. Only a fool would vote them back in; or someone on benefits, or an old boomer who has stolen from the next generation.

Oh, they have also killed our national identity by opening the borders to anyone that fancied coming here. Apart from that, they were great.

The last Labour Gov made the appalling ones from the 70s looks decent.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:01 AM
Loco
Scooby Regular

well, I have just been made redundant due to spending cuts. However, I am in full agreement with fatherpierre.

I dont blame Cameron one bit for grabbing the country by the ***** and sorting out the sticky subjects. it may well cause them to lose the next election, but they are going ahead and trying to sort out our debt anyway. Households disposable income should have started falling years ago under the labour government, and the only reason it didn't was because labour continuously pumped borrowed money in to the system to cover up the fact we were royally ****ed. it was a completely unsustainable system. And now we are paying the price for it. I mean, it doesn't take a friggin genius to realise that when you are in debt, you don't keep spending!! if I owed a mate 100notes, I wouldn't go out on the lash, I would stay in 'til I paid him back!! nice one Gordon Brown

we pay 40billion in INTEREST every year, thats the same as our defence budget. that 40 billion could well have gone towards keeping me in employment.

but i feel the same as joz8968. I have found a nice free overnight car park, because I would rather sleep in my scoob than sell it to live in a flat...
Old 30 March 2011, 07:25 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I agree with the above two post, but I do feel this lot are going too far, too quickly, probably with an eye on the next elections. Are they hoping the country will be in better shape come the next GE?
I've completely reigned in our spending as I've had enough of being butt****ed by Govt. Surely they wants us to spend? Their policies are are doing the exact opposite!
Old 30 March 2011, 08:17 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
We're all in it together.
What? The ****?
Old 30 March 2011, 08:22 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I agree with the above two post, but I do feel this lot are going too far, too quickly, probably with an eye on the next elections. Are they hoping the country will be in better shape come the next GE?
I've completely reigned in our spending as I've had enough of being butt****ed by Govt. Surely they wants us to spend? Their policies are are doing the exact opposite!
Exactly and well put. They needed a longer term plan that allowed the economy to continue growing again after 2008/2009 while addressing the debt and deficit.

What they have done has killed the economic growth and you can only cut away so much at a shrinking economy. If Q1 shows a negative growth we are technicaly back in recession after the -0.5% growth in 2010 Q4 and imagine what that is going to do for economic confidence.
Old 30 March 2011, 09:50 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Did anyone notice BBC Breakfast bandying about this notion that the average family has been £1 a day worse off since 2009?

What the holy f*ck does that mean? We have £730 less to spend on one day than we did in 2009??

Some the news stories are complete and utter sh1te.

Their policies are are doing the exact opposite!
This is one point of keeping interest rates so low. They need us to spend and spend so they can have inflation - the government needs inflation to inflate itself out of debt. However, the only things driving inflation and all artificial anyway.

VAT raises inflation
High commodity prices raises inflation (If the US pumps money into its economy via QE it raises its own inflation - with so many commodities priced in dollars its obvious they will go up too)
Insurance is probably a factor - still think they are taking more pi55 than any other sector no matter what the excuses are. Claim system could be tightened up but they don't.

They talk about raising rates to calm wage demands. Not quite sure how many small businesses can really roll over and pay employees more money because the employee is feeling the pinch.

Look at how screwed up our towns are - ghost towns while we all drive 3 or 4 miles to the out of town shopping mall? What a complete lack of planning that is. Business rates on the high street are destroying any chance of towns coming back. We need a 50% discount on business rates for the first 3 years of a small business moving into the high street. If it can't cope after 3 years it's probably not going to make it anyway. Our business rates are such that it's almost an employees wage.

Sorry, went off on one a bit at the end there.

Last edited by EddScott; 30 March 2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 30 March 2011, 10:34 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First decline in spending since 1981, as wages failed to keep up with soaring inflation.......

How about:

Shock: Government actually releases an inflation figure tyhat bears SOME resemblance to the real one, unlike Labour over the last 13 years!
Old 30 March 2011, 11:00 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
The thing about millionaire politicians, is that they don't have to entertain being poor. It matters not a jot to THEM the state of the country, at the end of the day.

How dare Cameron has the neck to trot out that bollox. Talk about taking the **** out of the populous - the c**t!
Cameron is wealthy but he's not truly rich, you need some perspective.
Old 30 March 2011, 11:05 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
But........

Our recent, so called rises in spending power have come about from the last government maxing out the country's credit credit cards and making us all feel richer.

Any fool can get a credit card with a massive limit and live off it, having a good lifestyle and appearing to be doing well. It has to be paid back at some point. The current lot are now working out how to pay it back and actually facing the issues, which means no more meals out and frilly knickers.

Labour bankrupted us. They ruined the country's finances and have sold the next generation down the river. Only a fool would vote them back in; or someone on benefits, or an old boomer who has stolen from the next generation.

Oh, they have also killed our national identity by opening the borders to anyone that fancied coming here. Apart from that, they were great.

The last Labour Gov made the appalling ones from the 70s looks decent.
Great post FP

Chip
Old 30 March 2011, 11:46 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201103253661/
Old 30 March 2011, 11:56 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Cameron is wealthy but he's not truly rich, you need some perspective.
TBH, I thought he was a millionaire (cash and assets, no doubt)???

But regardless, I'm sure, after his term in office, he won't have to worry about eviction/where his next meal's coming from, etc., etc., though...

That was my point ^^^. I feel that's perspective enough, don't you?

Spouting "we're all in this together" is what I find wholly distasteful. If he had begun "you're..." then, although it may have came across as old school Tory 'thumbing the nose-based elitism', you'd have at least 'respected' him for the cold honesty.

I'll shed no tears for him.

Last edited by joz8968; 30 March 2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 30 March 2011, 11:59 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

If he had begun "you're..." then, although it may have came across as old school Tory 'thumbing the nose-based elitism', you'd have at least 'respected' him for the cold honesty.
I seriously doubt that.
Old 30 March 2011, 12:47 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I seriously doubt that.
lol Well, yeah (political self-assassination).

But you get my idealogical-based point.

BTW, I do 'feel sorry' for whichever govt. (the Con-Dems) were next in to TRY to sort Labour's shambles out. Talk about a on hiding to nothing, thankless task, etc, etc...

Last edited by joz8968; 30 March 2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 30 March 2011, 12:53 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
Households' disposable income fell for the first time in almost 30 years according to the Office for National Statistics, first decline in spending power since 1981 came as wages failed to keep up with soaring inflation.

Your such a card

1981 , the last time the tory party had to step in to the breach after years of labour running the country dry
Old 30 March 2011, 02:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Such a pity that your heroes did not take firm regulatory action with respect to the greedy bankers' actions with toxic loans etc. instead of sucking up to them and supporting them because that is where they perceived the money was.

When it came to worshipping the rich and pissing our cash against the wall they had no equal!

Les
Old 30 March 2011, 02:27 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Even with what has happened so far, we are still spending more than we have, the debt is still rising. At least with this pain the rise in debt will slowly reverse and then become negative.

To have waited another four years like Labour wanted was really not an option and only spouted to get them elected. In reality the cuts would have been just as deep and painful no matter who got into power.
Old 30 March 2011, 02:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We all know Lewis is out to take the ****

But its just plain funny to hear labia supporters trot out the line again and again that if we only taxed the 'ankers more we would be on a even keel this time next year , no need for cuts
Old 30 March 2011, 03:46 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

**** Lewis and his Labour Utopia, enough of this bull****, ban him, again, please
Old 30 March 2011, 07:31 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

I hear ********* going to be a fiver a poke
Old 30 March 2011, 07:35 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
When it came to worshipping the rich and pissing our cash against the wall they had no equal!

Les
Very true. Labour really fell off the wagon big style in the end back to massive tax (borrow) and spend of old.

Really quite a disgrace.

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 30 March 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 30 March 2011, 07:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You seem to forget that the WORLD was/and is in dire financial trouble!!

Or maybe Labour caused it all??
Old 30 March 2011, 07:42 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

You seem to forget that the WORLD was/and is in dire financial trouble!!

Or maybe Labour caused it all??
That's really not the point and is fairly irrelevant when it comes to the governments deficit and total debt in the grand scheme of things.

Labour were borrowing and spending like drunken sailor....during a 'boom'.

Total idiocy, so much for 'an end to boom and bust', and 'Brown's golden rule'.
Old 30 March 2011, 07:51 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Yes and this will be a bad legacy indeed. We've seen the biggest change in immigration levels since the Norman Invasion. It's going to mean social problems and issues down the line.

It's really noticeable coming back to the UK.

Where I live you never saw dodgy/scruffy eastern euros roaming about or guys who can't speak English in churidar pyjamas.

You just end up like a stranger in your home town.
Old 30 March 2011, 07:59 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Yes and this will be a bad legacy indeed. We've seen the biggest change in immigration levels since the Norman Invasion. It's going to mean social problems and issues down the line.

It's really noticeable coming back to the UK.

Where I live you never saw dodgy/scruffy eastern euros roaming about or guys who can't speak English in churidar pyjamas.

You just end up like a stranger in your home town.
Even with an open door policy I bet the majority of them wouldn't have come here if they couldn't get access to welfare of some form. Labour's legacy results from gross inequality created by their positive drives for - strangely enough - equality.

They're completely retarded. I shouldn't really stereotype, but I mean it's difficult not to: what top Labour MP can you think of that isn't utterly clueless? Most of them are just repulsive - Harriet Harman, for instance.

But anyway, take these threads with shovelful of salt.

Quick Reply: Well, that's just great - isn't it?