Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Claim culture.

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2011, 05:31 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Claim culture.

It seems there is no end to people's idiocy in trying to claim for things...

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html
Old 10 February 2011, 06:00 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I think there should be an option for the court to conclude that such a claim was frivolous and award costs against the claimant. The claimant to be warned first that if the claim was pursued then it could be liable to this charge if it went ahead. This might stop a lot of this nonsense.

dl

Last edited by David Lock; 10 February 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10 February 2011, 06:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

and what happens, the playground will become out of bounds for the kids as deemed too much of a risk to the children all because some pos thinks they are entitled to easy money.
Old 10 February 2011, 08:03 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
It seems there is no end to people's idiocy in trying to claim for things...

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html
Evening Maz.

I like the imagery of this one:

"Some of the more outrageous claims include one from a man who jumped over a foot-high wall late at night only to discover that there was a six-foot drop on the other side."

Old 10 February 2011, 08:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I think there should be an option for the court to conclude that such a claim was frivolous and award costs against the claimant. The claimant to be warned first that if the claim was pursued then it could be liable to this charge if it went ahead. This might stop a lot of this nonsense.

dl
Studied law as part of my insurance exams. As I recall this is technically possible, but just not used by the courts that much.
Old 10 February 2011, 08:07 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Pathetic
Old 10 February 2011, 08:19 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Evening Maz.

"Some of the more outrageous claims include one from a man who jumped over a foot-high wall late at night only to discover that there was a six-foot drop on the other side."

I've actually seen that happen........only it was a MUCH longer drop!

It was in the Isle of Man (Broadway, for anyone who knows it). A bloke and his mate had come out of the pizza take-away, and he decided he wanted a wee. He jumped over the railings of the Villa Marina Gardens, into what he thought was a bush, but was actually the top of a tree! His trainers came off in the fall! Must have been a 20' drop..........

Trending Topics

Old 10 February 2011, 08:26 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
I've actually seen that happen........only it was a MUCH longer drop!

It was in the Isle of Man (Broadway, for anyone who knows it). A bloke and his mate had come out of the pizza take-away, and he decided he wanted a wee. He jumped over the railings of the Villa Marina Gardens, into what he thought was a bush, but was actually the top of a tree! His trainers came off in the fall! Must have been a 20' drop..........
I've jumped over a wall when a tad typsy only to find it was a bit steeper on the other side!

Twisted my ankle but still did think it was the wall owner's fault, lol!
Old 10 February 2011, 09:20 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Evening Maz.

Andy.

I have to admit it had me chuckling too. I think Darwin had it right, natural selection and that.
Old 10 February 2011, 10:42 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Andy.

I have to admit it had me chuckling too. I think Darwin had it right, natural selection and that.
Yup, if they don't die they'll probably do in their nads and be unable to reproduce - kind of "non survival of the least (mentally) fit"!
Old 10 February 2011, 11:10 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I was once dying for a **** for about half an hour when playing a gig. We played the last song but it was apparent there was going to be an encore and there was no possibility that I was going to get to the bog because of the crowd. I opted for the side door and fire escape. I reached the bottom of the fire escape with my bladder bursting, swung myself around the side of it so as to have my **** out of view, (although it was actually pitch dark) and plummeted unexpectedly about ten feet down an access ramp to the beer cellar. Knocked myself out with a blow to the head and came round wondering what the hell had happened! Fortunately I hadn't soiled myself, and had my wee. As I walked back to the concert room and the light, I became aware of a throbbing sensation in my left hand. I had a look and was nauseated to discover that my middle finger was the same shape as Harry Potter's scar. Really badly dislocated - it was obvious that for me, the war vos over. Spent the next four hours in Huddersfield Casualty.

My point is that, at the time, I turned over in my head all the factors of blame to the esatablishment that I could think of; lack of dressing-room toilet; lack of outside light on the fire escape; no fence to prevent anyone falling down the tunnel; the fact of venue leaving the fire doors wide open for people to congregate on the fire escape, chatting and smoking. In the end, I concluded that it was my own ******* stupid fault and thought no more about it.

It's a shame that more people don't think the same way.
Old 10 February 2011, 11:18 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I was once dying for a **** for about half an hour when playing a gig. We played the last song but it was apparent there was going to be an encore and there was no possibility that I was going to get to the bog because of the crowd. I opted for the side door and fire escape. I reached the bottom of the fire escape with my bladder bursting, swung myself around the side of it so as to have my **** out of view, (although it was actually pitch dark) and plummeted unexpectedly about ten feet down an access ramp to the beer cellar. Knocked myself out with a blow to the head and came round wondering what the hell had happened! Fortunately I hadn't soiled myself, and had my wee. As I walked back to the concert room and the light, I became aware of a throbbing sensation in my left hand. I had a look and was nauseated to discover that my middle finger was the same shape as Harry Potter's scar. Really badly dislocated - it was obvious that for me, the war vos over. Spent the next four hours in Huddersfield Casualty.

My point is that, at the time, I turned over in my head all the factors of blame to the esatablishment that I could think of; lack of dressing-room toilet; lack of outside light on the fire escape; no fence to prevent anyone falling down the tunnel; the fact of venue leaving the fire doors wide open for people to congregate on the fire escape, chatting and smoking. In the end, I concluded that it was my own ******* stupid fault and thought no more about it.

It's a shame that more people don't think the same way.
Unkind folk might suggest that it was you drank too much

dl
Old 10 February 2011, 11:23 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

dl
Disgraceful!

Old 10 February 2011, 11:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

dl

I honestly can't remember whether strong drink had been taken. I suspect it had been, because normally I stay sober and drive whilst our lass has a good wet; she drove me to the hospickle, so I must have been the drunk one, that night.
Old 11 February 2011, 12:18 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I was once dying for a **** for about half an hour when playing a gig.
Been there, p1ssed myself on stage a few times, Even done a number 2 whilst playing (I wasn't well!!!!). Not the nicest things to do.
Old 11 February 2011, 12:23 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosticles
Been there, p1ssed myself on stage a few times, Even done a number 2 whilst playing (I wasn't well!!!!). Not the nicest things to do.
Did folk just think you had oversized troosers on?
Old 11 February 2011, 12:25 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Did folk just think you had oversized troosers on?
Was wearing shorts
Old 11 February 2011, 02:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It seems as though the world has deteriorated into a philosophy of greed.

Les