ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Claim culture. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/872606-claim-culture.html)

Maz 10 February 2011 05:31 PM

Claim culture.

It seems there is no end to people's idiocy in trying to claim for things...

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html

David Lock 10 February 2011 06:00 PM

I think there should be an option for the court to conclude that such a claim was frivolous and award costs against the claimant. The claimant to be warned first that if the claim was pursued then it could be liable to this charge if it went ahead. This might stop a lot of this nonsense.

dl

The Zohan 10 February 2011 06:02 PM

and what happens, the playground will become out of bounds for the kids as deemed too much of a risk to the children all because some pos thinks they are entitled to easy money.

andythejock01wrx 10 February 2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9873479)
It seems there is no end to people's idiocy in trying to claim for things...

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html

Evening Maz. ;)

I like the imagery of this one:

"Some of the more outrageous claims include one from a man who jumped over a foot-high wall late at night only to discover that there was a six-foot drop on the other side."

:lol1:

andythejock01wrx 10 February 2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 9873549)
I think there should be an option for the court to conclude that such a claim was frivolous and award costs against the claimant. The claimant to be warned first that if the claim was pursued then it could be liable to this charge if it went ahead. This might stop a lot of this nonsense.

dl

Studied law as part of my insurance exams. As I recall this is technically possible, but just not used by the courts that much.

Frosticles 10 February 2011 08:07 PM

Pathetic

oldsplice 10 February 2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9873880)
Evening Maz. ;)

"Some of the more outrageous claims include one from a man who jumped over a foot-high wall late at night only to discover that there was a six-foot drop on the other side."

I've actually seen that happen........only it was a MUCH longer drop! :eek:

It was in the Isle of Man (Broadway, for anyone who knows it). A bloke and his mate had come out of the pizza take-away, and he decided he wanted a wee. He jumped over the railings of the Villa Marina Gardens, into what he thought was a bush, but was actually the top of a tree! His trainers came off in the fall! Must have been a 20' drop.......... :cuckoo:

andythejock01wrx 10 February 2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9873944)
I've actually seen that happen........only it was a MUCH longer drop! :eek:

It was in the Isle of Man (Broadway, for anyone who knows it). A bloke and his mate had come out of the pizza take-away, and he decided he wanted a wee. He jumped over the railings of the Villa Marina Gardens, into what he thought was a bush, but was actually the top of a tree! His trainers came off in the fall! Must have been a 20' drop.......... :cuckoo:

I've jumped over a wall when a tad typsy only to find it was a bit steeper on the other side! :lol1:

Twisted my ankle but still did think it was the wall owner's fault, lol! :wonder:

Maz 10 February 2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9873880)
Evening Maz. ;)

Andy:).

I have to admit it had me chuckling too. I think Darwin had it right, natural selection and that. :D

andythejock01wrx 10 February 2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9874150)
Andy:).

I have to admit it had me chuckling too. I think Darwin had it right, natural selection and that. :D

Yup, if they don't die they'll probably do in their nads and be unable to reproduce - kind of "non survival of the least (mentally) fit"! :lol1:

Bubba po 10 February 2011 11:10 PM

I was once dying for a piss for about half an hour when playing a gig. We played the last song but it was apparent there was going to be an encore and there was no possibility that I was going to get to the bog because of the crowd. I opted for the side door and fire escape. I reached the bottom of the fire escape with my bladder bursting, swung myself around the side of it so as to have my piss out of view, (although it was actually pitch dark) and plummeted unexpectedly about ten feet down an access ramp to the beer cellar. Knocked myself out with a blow to the head and came round wondering what the hell had happened! Fortunately I hadn't soiled myself, and had my wee. :D As I walked back to the concert room and the light, I became aware of a throbbing sensation in my left hand. I had a look and was nauseated to discover that my middle finger was the same shape as Harry Potter's scar. :? Really badly dislocated - it was obvious that for me, the war vos over. :lol1: Spent the next four hours in Huddersfield Casualty. :(

My point is that, at the time, I turned over in my head all the factors of blame to the esatablishment that I could think of; lack of dressing-room toilet; lack of outside light on the fire escape; no fence to prevent anyone falling down the tunnel; the fact of venue leaving the fire doors wide open for people to congregate on the fire escape, chatting and smoking. In the end, I concluded that it was my own fcuking stupid fault and thought no more about it.

It's a shame that more people don't think the same way.

David Lock 10 February 2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 9874451)
I was once dying for a piss for about half an hour when playing a gig. We played the last song but it was apparent there was going to be an encore and there was no possibility that I was going to get to the bog because of the crowd. I opted for the side door and fire escape. I reached the bottom of the fire escape with my bladder bursting, swung myself around the side of it so as to have my piss out of view, (although it was actually pitch dark) and plummeted unexpectedly about ten feet down an access ramp to the beer cellar. Knocked myself out with a blow to the head and came round wondering what the hell had happened! Fortunately I hadn't soiled myself, and had my wee. :D As I walked back to the concert room and the light, I became aware of a throbbing sensation in my left hand. I had a look and was nauseated to discover that my middle finger was the same shape as Harry Potter's scar. :? Really badly dislocated - it was obvious that for me, the war vos over. :lol1: Spent the next four hours in Huddersfield Casualty. :(

My point is that, at the time, I turned over in my head all the factors of blame to the esatablishment that I could think of; lack of dressing-room toilet; lack of outside light on the fire escape; no fence to prevent anyone falling down the tunnel; the fact of venue leaving the fire doors wide open for people to congregate on the fire escape, chatting and smoking. In the end, I concluded that it was my own fcuking stupid fault and thought no more about it.

It's a shame that more people don't think the same way.

Unkind folk might suggest that it was you drank too much :nono:

dl

andythejock01wrx 10 February 2011 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 9874471)

dl

Disgraceful! :mad:

:D;)

Bubba po 10 February 2011 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 9874471)

dl

I honestly can't remember whether strong drink had been taken. :D I suspect it had been, because normally I stay sober and drive whilst our lass has a good wet; she drove me to the hospickle, so I must have been the drunk one, that night. :)

Frosticles 11 February 2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 9874451)
I was once dying for a piss for about half an hour when playing a gig.

Been there, p1ssed myself on stage a few times, Even done a number 2 whilst playing (I wasn't well!!!!). Not the nicest things to do. :freak3:

andythejock01wrx 11 February 2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Frosticles (Post 9875078)
Been there, p1ssed myself on stage a few times, Even done a number 2 whilst playing (I wasn't well!!!!). Not the nicest things to do. :freak3:

Did folk just think you had oversized troosers on? :lol1:;)

Frosticles 11 February 2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9875089)
Did folk just think you had oversized troosers on? :lol1:;)

Was wearing shorts :freak3:

Leslie 11 February 2011 02:10 PM

It seems as though the world has deteriorated into a philosophy of greed.

Les :(