Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What Cameron SHOULD have said - but, it's a good start!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 06:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Cameron SHOULD have said - but, it's a good start!!

As The Australian Prime Minister said - and it's worth repeating here:-

"IMMIGRANTS NOT AUTRALIANS MUST ADJUST.

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I'm tired of this nation worrying whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by the millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not, Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society..LEARN THE LANGUAGE!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian Principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.

It is certainly appropriate to display it on our walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept OURS AND LIVE in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, OUR CULTURE AND OUR LIFESTYLE, we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once YOU ARE DONE complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag, our Pledge, Our Christian Beliefs or OUR WAY OF LIFE, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom. THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!

Ij you arn't happy here then LEAVE! We didn't force you too come here. So accept the country you accepted.

WOW, finally a Leader who places His Country, His God, before any other gods. I wonder why the USA, Canada and other countries don't do the same? When in Rome you do as the Romans..is a famous quote.

Trust me if you go to any Arab country, you have to dress the way the women dress there or else you are jailed, tortured, whipped and who knows what else might happen to you. I will not travel to any of those countries and we are told to stay away..with reason.

If I travel to any country, I find out what they are, their ways and I adjust to it to honor the people I am visiting..so why not any person who wants to come and live in my country not do the same thing? After all, we didn't force them to come to live with us, they wanted to come to enjoy freedom, so it's them to adjust to us and not us to learn their ways or their language..after all..it is my country, not theirs..as the Prime Minister said..and I say also..anyone, no matter what country they come from..learn our language, our ways not to offend us..not us to learn their language or their ways..am home..I live as I was brought up to be and I have no intention to change to become whatever people come and live in MY country. After all it is a privilege to go live in a country where you get freedom you don't have in your country..so don't come and try to shove down my throat your religion or your ways.

Any country who puts God on the back burner to *not offend* IMMIGRANTS are going to pay a heavy price with God. We are Christians and as other religions who won't change to ours..then LEAVE US ALONE WITH YOURS.. you don't like it..you feel offended by our God..THEN LEAVE..go back to your country. Why leave a country if you are happy withing your religion and your ways?

Matter of fact all Christian countries should stay christian and other countries stay their religion, that way we all be happy.

I love people of all cultures and love to learn theirs, but I won't leave mine as I wouldn't even think of telling them to leave theirs, neither their beliefs. After all, it is God who calls people to Him and thus not us to try to change them"

This statement would win Elections the world over - we are, collectively, completely pi55ed off at people coming to our country and telling us how we should live an worship!
Old 05 February 2011, 06:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis

Is your S key beggered as well? Mine has been broken for a long time. Just hit it a bit harder, PS.
Old 05 February 2011, 07:15 PM
Olly.Wrx
Scooby Regular

Well said mate,its so true.
Old 05 February 2011, 07:22 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

that is a very true statement and one that i fully support as it says when in rome do as the romans do so should any immigrants do whne they come and live in the united kingdom...
Old 05 February 2011, 07:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mighty ironic coming really coming from an ex-convict , whoose main 'victories' amount to squashing the indigenous population!

No up to your usual trolling standards Lewis
Old 05 February 2011, 07:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Great post except no Australian PM ever actually made that speech.

It is cobbled together out of the views of three Aussie PMs and a local newspaeper article written by a political activist in Aus.

Still if it gives the anti Muslim brigade on SN a hard on who am I to argue
Old 05 February 2011, 07:33 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

I couldn't agree more with what pslewis posted. I'm sick of how we get told what we can or can't say or do by immigrants in our own country. They can't even be bothered to learn the language we speak. We should stick up for what we do and beleave in. If they don't like it they know where the door is.

If we don't want or need them then they don't come in. Simple as that.

Trending Topics

Old 05 February 2011, 07:35 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Mighty ironic coming really coming from an ex-convict , whoose main 'victories' amount to squashing the indigenous population!

No up to your usual trolling standards Lewis
People of indigenous ancestry in Australia have more rights than anyone else.
Old 05 February 2011, 07:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Well theyve should have , theyve been there a very long time
Old 05 February 2011, 07:47 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Well theyve should have , theyve been there a very long time
So have people of Anglo-Saxon origin in the UK. Should they have more rights than immigrants?
Old 05 February 2011, 07:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
People of indigenous ancestry in Australia have more rights than anyone else.
They had a right not to be systematically be eradicated.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:03 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
They had a right not to be systematically be eradicated.
They weren't.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:05 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

They weren't.
The authorities tried their best.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:07 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

So have people of Anglo-Saxon origin in the UK. Should they have more rights than immigrants?
I would have said its a different case .

You can elaborate if youve nothing else to do
Old 05 February 2011, 08:09 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I would have said its a different case .

You can elaborate if youve nothing else to do
Not in principle.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:13 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
The authorities tried their best.
That is a lie. The British built an advanced nation out of nothing, just a few ships to begin with, if they had designs to liquidate the indigenous population then they could have done so.

There were atrocities committed but same when any euro colonists met primitive cultures, you have conflicts for land and resources etc.

When the Arab/Muslim armies moved out of Arabia and started conquering land and peoples where did the indigenous people go?

The Eqyptians of today are not the Eqyptian of even 2000 years ago for example.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Well i think we all know when life started for you Tone

Principle means **** all in the round btw

Last edited by dpb; 05 February 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06 February 2011, 12:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Was it when he got his first Thesaurus?

I think it is vital that our leaders protect our lifefstyle and culture with our traditions from the destructive influence of uncontrolled immigration and those corrupt ***** over the water!

Les
Old 06 February 2011, 12:50 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Basically, In 20 years time, this country will be a very different place to live in.
Old 06 February 2011, 12:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Leslie
Was it when he got his first Thesaurus?

I think it is vital that our leaders protect our lifefstyle and culture with our traditions from the destructive influence of uncontrolled immigration and those corrupt ***** over the water!

Les
+1
Old 06 February 2011, 01:04 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I'm tired of this nation worrying whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by the millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not, Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society..LEARN THE LANGUAGE!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian Principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.

It is certainly appropriate to display it on our walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept OURS AND LIVE in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, OUR CULTURE AND OUR LIFESTYLE, we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once YOU ARE DONE complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag, our Pledge, Our Christian Beliefs or OUR WAY OF LIFE, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom. THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!

Ij you arn't happy here then LEAVE! We didn't force you too come here. So accept the country you accepted.

WOW, finally a Leader who places His Country, His God, before any other gods. I wonder why the USA, Canada and other countries don't do the same? When in Rome you do as the Romans..is a famous quote.

Trust me if you go to any Arab country, you have to dress the way the women dress there or else you are jailed, tortured, whipped and who knows what else might happen to you. I will not travel to any of those countries and we are told to stay away..with reason.

If I travel to any country, I find out what they are, their ways and I adjust to it to honor the people I am visiting..so why not any person who wants to come and live in my country not do the same thing? After all, we didn't force them to come to live with us, they wanted to come to enjoy freedom, so it's them to adjust to us and not us to learn their ways or their language..after all..it is my country, not theirs..as the Prime Minister said..and I say also..anyone, no matter what country they come from..learn our language, our ways not to offend us..not us to learn their language or their ways..am home..I live as I was brought up to be and I have no intention to change to become whatever people come and live in MY country. After all it is a privilege to go live in a country where you get freedom you don't have in your country..so don't come and try to shove down my throat your religion or your ways.

Any country who puts God on the back burner to *not offend* IMMIGRANTS are going to pay a heavy price with God. We are Christians and as other religions who won't change to ours..then LEAVE US ALONE WITH YOURS.. you don't like it..you feel offended by our God..THEN LEAVE..go back to your country. Why leave a country if you are happy withing your religion and your ways?

Matter of fact all Christian countries should stay christian and other countries stay their religion, that way we all be happy.

I love people of all cultures and love to learn theirs, but I won't leave mine as I wouldn't even think of telling them to leave theirs, neither their beliefs. After all, it is God who calls people to Him and thus not us to try to change them"

This statement would win Elections the world over - we are, collectively, completely pi55ed off at people coming to our country and telling us how we should live an worship!
gets my vote everytime
Old 06 February 2011, 09:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure a Party who made a statement like this would sweep to power ......
Old 07 February 2011, 11:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They are all as weak as water. I often wonder about their motives!

Les
Old 07 February 2011, 12:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Obviously this is just BS, this was never actually said by Howard, but hey!!

It's kind of ironic though isn't it, I mean I'm sure the Aboriginals would chuckle at a speech like this from an Aussie PM!!