Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

EDL march inLuton this Weekend - anyone going

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2011, 07:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDL march in Luton this Weekend - anyone going???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...h-2203839.html

From what i can see this is the result of a 'minority' of protesters at the homecoming of the 2nd Battalion Royal Anglian's and the Soldiers being jeered at and booed and called 'terrorists' and 'rapists' http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ma...-protest-lutonOnlookers turned on protesters as they shouted 'terrorists' and held 'butchers of Basra' placards

Would this EDL march be going ahead if the homecoming had been peaceful and a show of solidarity for British soldiers serving their (Queen and) Country i wonder? having been deployed by the government of the day???

How about a lively discussion not an 'all Muslims are terrorists' diatribe

I was in hospital when the Royal Anglians marched through Northampton although i would have gone to welcome them back and show support for the soldiers (certainly not the government) and would have taken great offence if i has seen anyone berating the soldiers!

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04 February 2011, 08:00 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Marching through Luton.... not the brightest of ideas on the best of days.
Old 04 February 2011, 08:28 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

...I am so there!
Old 04 February 2011, 08:57 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

i thought most people marched around Luton.

Mind you, regardless of who's marching - they'll all have to be tool'd up........
Old 04 February 2011, 09:45 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Its funny how one lot of losers can inspire another bunch of loosers into action. Get a life would be my advice.
Old 04 February 2011, 10:40 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Would this EDL march be going ahead if the homecoming had been peaceful and a show of solidarity for British soldiers serving their (Queen and) Country i wonder?
No.

Do two wrongs make a right? No!

They are as bad as those they claim to despise so much.

When I see these idiots I am embarrassed to be English!

Last edited by f1_fan; 04 February 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04 February 2011, 11:30 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The EDL guy was on Newsnight recently.

A complete, uneducated, bigoted prat of the First Order.

dl
Old 04 February 2011, 12:14 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Will there be **** hookers there? and i'm talking about proper max mosely style **** hookers with wooden bats with nails in, not just some regular hooker with a swatstika on her arm.

Last edited by kingofturds; 04 February 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04 February 2011, 12:20 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Quite clever to March through Luton when you think about it.

They could fire bomb the place, loot all the shops and vandalise the hell out of it and nobody would notice the difference.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:01 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...h-2203839.html

From what i can see this is the result of a 'minority' of protesters at the homecoming of the 2nd Battalion Royal Anglian's and the Soldiers being jeered at and booed and called 'terrorists' and 'rapists' http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ma...-protest-lutonOnlookers turned on protesters as they shouted 'terrorists' and held 'butchers of Basra' placards

Would this EDL march be going ahead if the homecoming had been peaceful and a show of solidarity for British soldiers serving their (Queen and) Country i wonder? having been deployed by the government of the day???

How about a lively discussion not an 'all Muslims are terrorists' diatribe

I was in hospital when the Royal Anglians marched through Northampton although i would have gone to welcome them back and show support for the soldiers (certainly not the government) and would have taken great offence if i has seen anyone berating the soldiers!
Hi Paulo

It would seem that half a dozen (yes that's all it was) extreme islamists loons started this ****storm. Funny how easy it is to fire up some people.

Who the fek to these EDL retards think they are? Why do the arrogantly claim to 'defend' England, they don't, they damage it, and all it stands for.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:06 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Hi Paulo

It would seem that half a dozen (yes that's all it was) extreme islamists loons started this ****storm. Funny how easy it is to fire up some people.

Who the fek to these EDL retards think they are? Why do the arrogantly claim to 'defend' England, they don't, they damage it, and all it stands for.

Same goes for the UAF, they claim to unite against fascism yet use violence and try to restrict free speech .
Old 04 February 2011, 01:11 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Same goes for the UAF, they claim to unite against fascism yet use violence and try to restrict free speech .
Yep they are just another suedo anarchist outfit
Old 04 February 2011, 01:13 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Agreed, UAF are just more extremist thugs, i believe the where more UAF protesters arrested for violence than EDL when the EDL marched in (i think it was) Bolton last year.

The irony is that the UAF use the same tactics as the ***** did in using violence to restrict free speech...

Like it or not the march will go ahead and i am sure it will meet with 'resistance' in one form or another. It will not be a good day out and shows the UK in a bad light.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:21 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hi Paulo

Hi Martin,

I think you will find that the people who where fired up where just ordinary people who turned out to welcome the soldiers home and where shocked and annoyed at the abuse hurled at the troops - i know i would be in their situation.
What it has done is opened the door to the likes of the EDL.

The (islamist) extremists where there to cause trouble and to get attention otherwise why not just march or hand in a petition at number 10 Downing Street. They went there to cause trouble and descent amongst the local communities - IMHO
Old 04 February 2011, 01:22 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Agreed, UAF are just more extremist thugs, i believe the where more UAF protesters arrested for violence than EDL when the EDL marched in (i think it was) Bolton last year.

The irony is that the UAF use the same tactics as the ***** did in using violence to restrict free speech...

Like it or not the march will go ahead and i am sure it will meet with 'resistance' in one form or another. It will not be a good day out and shows the UK in a bad light.

Speaking of things that don't show us in a good light...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12362464
Old 04 February 2011, 01:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yes, but what do you expect with a media that spend much of their time creating the immigration 'issue' and stirring up racial hatred and a significant proportion of the population looking for an excuse as to why their life is not as good as they would like it.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hardly surprising given 'we' have little or no control over immigration as the decisions are made in Brussels on our behalf by people who hardly have our best interests at heart.

Hmm, a country in a recession with 2.5m+ unemployed and facing massive cuts to public services and still allowing uncontrolled EU immigration at high levels - why would that bother anyone

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The sad thing about this EDL march is it wuill just cost the country a load of mioney for policing and cleaning up the destruction.

Can't we just make the EDL and UAF meet each other in a disused quarry or something and lock the gates and let them get on with it.

Sky could televise it and sell PPV tickets
Old 04 February 2011, 01:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hardly surprising given 'we' have little or no control over immigration as the decisions are made in Brussels on our behalf by people who hardly have our best interests at heart.

Hmm, a country in a recession with 2.5m+ unemployed and facing massive cuts to public services and still allowing uncontrolled EU immigration at high levels - why would that bother anyone
But it is not the biggest problem in the UK, not by a long shot.

The sad thing is the media have convinced many of you it is.
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The sad thing about this EDL march is it wuill just cost the country a load of mioney for policing and cleaning up the destruction.

Can't we just make the EDL and UAF meet each other in a disused quarry or something and lock the gates and let them get on with it.

Sky could televise it and sell PPV tickets
It sounds like a plan!
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I think the point was, relative to other countries with much bigger immigrant populations and no-doubt similar economic issues, we appear to be more concerned about this issue
Old 04 February 2011, 01:37 PM
ahar
Scooby Regular

My brother is off to the UAF counter demo and is preparing for trouble - bloody students !
Old 04 February 2011, 01:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well Martin, do you think it is of no consequence when those who purport to be British yell insults etc at our soldiers when they come home from risking their lives while doing their duty for this country? Are you British yourself? Do you think that loyalty to one's country is out of fashion now?
I think that is what the lefty pinko pc prats call Jingoism because the idea of such loyalty frightens them!

What is your policy on immigration. Do you think that unlimited immigration should be encouraged until there is no possiblility of accommodating immigrants or educating them, or caring for them medically until we start to fall off the edge into the sea?

Les
Old 04 February 2011, 01:43 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well Martin, do you think it is of no consequence when those who purport to be British yell insults etc at our soldiers when they come home from risking their lives while doing their duty for this country? Are you British yourself? Do you think that loyalty to one's country is out of fashion now?
I think that is what the lefty pinko pc prats call Jingoism because the idea of such loyalty frightens them!

What is your policy on immigration. Do you think that unlimited immigration should be encouraged until there is no possiblility of accommodating immigrants or educating them, or caring for them medically until we start to fall off the edge into the sea?

Les
Les - it's not my survey you numpty!!!

Why not read what is says rather than having a go at me (I know that would be an innovative approach for you)

BTW by the looks of what you typed, it would seem that you'll be on the march on Saturday. Enjoy your day out
Old 04 February 2011, 01:50 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Martin
As you appear to have side tracked this thread perhaps we can stay on topic - i am sure you would hate to have this thread locked
Old 04 February 2011, 01:52 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Martin
As you appear to have side tracked this thread perhaps we can stay on topic - i am sure you would hate to have this thread locked

You are going to have to explain how I've 'side tracked' the thread
Old 04 February 2011, 01:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

You are going to have to explain how I've 'side tracked' the thread
Oh, now let me think...oh yes, here's a clue

^^^^Immigration has been done to death, perhaps we can save this one for a boring Monday morning. am interested in how people feel about the planned EDL march.

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04 February 2011, 01:58 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Oh, now let me think...oh yes, here's a clue

Now you're just being daft

I was adding some value to the topic, the survey (result announced TODAY) is relevant to this issue. Let's not forget that the EDL sit at the extreme end of the 26% claiming that immigration is the biggest issue we face.

Just because Les has his usual tantrum whenever I post, doesn't mean I'm side-tracking the thread, maybe you should ask him about his motives!!!
Old 04 February 2011, 02:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Now you're just being daft

I was adding some value to the topic, the survey (result announced TODAY) is relevant to this issue. Let's not forget that the EDL sit at the extreme end of the 26% claiming that immigration is the biggest issue we face.

Just because Les has his usual tantrum whenever I post, doesn't mean I'm side-tracking the thread, maybe you should ask him about his motives!!!
Martin;

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04 February 2011, 02:04 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

by the looks of what you typed, it would seem that you'll be on the march on Saturday. Enjoy your day out
Sorry Martin, but I don't think there is any need for that. Les has presented his views on the immigration issue many times on here and while I don't always agree with him he does so in a reasoned and calm way.... the EDL are a million miles from that!!!!

Quick Reply: EDL march inLuton this Weekend - anyone going