Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Employment Law - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2002, 10:38 AM
sgould
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

We are currently having a problem at my place of work where a job has been advertised remotely, but has not been advertised internally. We only found out by mistake, while searching to net.

Do companys have to advertise internally as well? or even mention a job is available?
I can't see how they could just bring in a new employee, when no one even new the job exsisted - This is a newly created position.

If anybody knows, please could you let me know, Cheers.
Old 12 April 2002, 11:11 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Cant see that there is any legislation about this.

I used to work at AXA where they said all vacancys would be advertised internally first, but often wernt.

Only hope is that your staff handbook (which is often effectively part of your contract) says something along these lines that all vacancys will be offered internally, if it does you may have a hope if you get the unions involved.

What annoyed me most ws the "xxxxx" has just be given this job type announcements. Which was always good jobs for the mates type stuff.

Best bet is to print the job off, and place in on notice boards, mail rooms, etc type stuff.

robski
Old 12 April 2002, 01:13 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

As long as it is advertised where the entire community/population can find it they have no obligation to do anything else. It doesn't have to be advertised or offered internally. Appearing on the web and a local paper or agency covers about everything