Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tattoo location on body suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2011, 12:10 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tattoo location on body suggestions?

Considering having the wifes name tattoo'd onto my body somewhere and i intend on adding and sprog's names added later on, if and when they appear.

But i'm a bit stuck in where to put the names. I'd like somewhere hidden enough that when i'm fully clothed, they aren't visible, but yet i don't want it on my back or somewhere i'll never see them.

I realise some folk may think i'm daft, but i already have one tattoo and feel very comfortable thinking about the wifes name being tattoo'd on me.....she's here to stay.

Was thinking on my arm just above the wrist, running across the arm, rather than up it and then any kids names underneath, but not sure if it's particularly manly IYSWIM?
Old 28 January 2011, 12:21 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Not into names personally, not for fear of breaking up, it's just they never stay looking as you intended, especially in the place you suggested.

The text would be so small that over time it would become a little blurry looking.

I know you want to see it, but with not wanting it on 'show' you are making a very small area in which we could suggest.

Maybe you could do something a bit cheeky and have it done just above the pubic area so that at times she gets to see her name...

For me I would possible have something like that maye across my back, under my other.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 28 January 2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 28 January 2011, 12:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Forehead ?
Old 28 January 2011, 12:28 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Hysteria, i take it you have something already on your back when you say "under your other"?

I wanted to keep the names together and we DO have kids, i don't really want their names tattoo'd down there.

Dpb.....naw.
Old 28 January 2011, 12:29 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

On your chest ?

Thats if you dont have saggy man ***** ofcourse
Old 28 January 2011, 12:33 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry mate , i just think its a ludicrous idea , something i just wouldnt contemplate
Old 28 January 2011, 12:33 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Put it on your skin

Old 28 January 2011, 12:34 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Oh of course, not appropriate at all! Lol

On your your chest, over you heart. Quite sentimental.....?
Old 28 January 2011, 12:35 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Sorry mate , i just think its a ludicrous idea , something i just wouldnt contemplate
I'm not a 'names' person either, but each to their own.
Old 28 January 2011, 12:40 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Well i haven't decided if i'm definately doing it yet or not.

I have a hairy chest and although the moobs ain't bad at all, i can only imagine they'll get worse over time.
Old 28 January 2011, 12:47 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Names do look a tad tacky try your foot ?
Old 28 January 2011, 12:57 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my wife name (Zoe luckily!) put on my wedding finger. I play golf each weekend and always took my ring off to play as I chose a square edged ring instead of a court style. By getting it done there, she was a happy camper and its not too intrusive.
I alo got her to sign a bit of paper and took it to the artist and he made a transfer out of it and traced it, its pretty simple but does the job and wasnt as painful as I'd been told or imagined.
Old 28 January 2011, 01:02 PM
Will
BANNED

Try the shaft of your ****?
Old 28 January 2011, 01:07 PM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

Never get a girl's name tattooed on you. Its the kiss of death to any relationship. What happens if she ***** your brother or something?
By all means get the kids' names (I have my son's name on my chest) but never a girlfriend/wife's name!
Why not get an image that symbolizes her? much safer.
Old 28 January 2011, 01:24 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DonNedly
By all means get the kids' names (I have my son's name on my chest) but never a girlfriend/wife's name!
Why not get an image that symbolizes her? much safer.
I agree with this sensible advice.

Look at Cheryl Cole and the *******. She had to get her tattoo of his name lasered off n' all. What a waste of time, money and skin.

You could have your kids' name confined within a heart shape tat, and the heart shape itself can be a symbol of your partner, as without her, you wouldn't have had your lovely kids. She does deserve this recognition regardless of what my or may not happen.

If anything happens e.g.you both move on etc., you can another heart to symbolise the new GF

LOL if everyone followed my idea, a lot of the ladypullers () from Scoobynet would be full of heart tattoos from head to toe!
Old 28 January 2011, 01:45 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Actually quite a good idea that. Dunno how she'd be if I mentioned the heart idea to "symbolise" her though. Could sound a bit like I don't trust her or owt.

We have discussed the name on wedding finger though, so maybe I could do both. I remove my ring for work and golf so the tattoo on finger idea works well and then I leave the heart symbol with kids names till later. .cool:
Old 28 January 2011, 01:53 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
Try the shaft of your ****?
"PROPERTY OF MRS DRB5"

windyboy
Old 28 January 2011, 01:54 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

On the underside of you thumb. Ironic, eh?
Old 28 January 2011, 01:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drb5
Actually quite a good idea that. Dunno how she'd be if I mentioned the heart idea to "symbolise" her though. Could sound a bit like I don't trust her or owt.
Yeah, if you have already discused the "names" ideas with her, then she may not like to be just symbolised. It is totally understandable. Your reationship may be very devoted and a strong one, so you need not worry TBH.

I remove my ring for work and golf so the tattoo on finger idea works well and then I leave the heart symbol with kids names till later. .cool:
Very romantic and reaonable indeed.
Old 28 January 2011, 02:21 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Well I just popped into my local tattoo shop and the guy warned me not to do the tattoo on the finger thing. Basically he said it would start disappearing/blurring very quickly and look c**p. I can see his point as he showed me tattoos on his knuckles and they were needing smartened up and they were only 3 months old.

Maybe have another think about it...
Old 28 January 2011, 02:57 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Well I just popped into my local tattoo shop and the guy warned me not to do the tattoo on the finger thing. Basically he said it would start disappearing/blurring very quickly and look c**p. I can see his point as he showed me tattoos on his knuckles and they were needing smartened up and they were only 3 months old.

Maybe have another think about it...
Yes, like I said earlier, wrists, fingers and feet tend to lose their 'look' quite fast.
That said the wedding ring is still a good idea.
I would never get Mr P to have one though, almost 10 years and he still hasn't made an honest woman of me!
Old 28 January 2011, 03:03 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Lol!

I'm going to have a look into maybe some sort of different language, or symbol's instead of English. It's a bit premier football, but it's worth thinking about. The heart thing is still a good idea, but a guy with a love heart on him....i dunno about it.
Old 28 January 2011, 03:13 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Lol!

I'm going to have a look into maybe some sort of different language, or symbol's instead of English. It's a bit premier football, but it's worth thinking about. The heart thing is still a good idea, but a guy with a love heart on him....i dunno about it.
I have one, down there..... But i'm a lady

I don't think it's girly or anything. Best thing to do if you are considering it is to speak to the mrs and see what she thinks.

I know a bloke who has perfectly shaped bright red lips on his neck. It's funky, and I suppose a bit kinky. He's always been a bit of a 'playa' but the lips are those belonging to the mother of his daughter. They were never really a couple, but I suppose he wanted something of hers on him.

So, when you think of it like that, there are a few things you could come up with.
Old 28 January 2011, 03:14 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Do you not worry about the image of tattoos, or what they will look like when you're an old man/woman?
Old 28 January 2011, 03:17 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butkus
Do you not worry about the image of tattoos, or what they will look like when you're an old man/woman?
I think (personally) if I stopped doing all the fun and exciting things I wanted to do now, based on what I or people might think when I am old and wrinkly, I would be missing out on a lot of good stuff
Old 28 January 2011, 03:21 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

But what about the image? They're usually associated with lower class people? I am trying not to sound snobbish by saying that, but it is generally the view of most people. The term 'tramp stamp' comes to mind.
Old 28 January 2011, 03:23 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

I am going this week to get a hanya mask done and it represents a woman scorned! Which is perfect for the torn faced **** I live with

As mentioned getting the other halfs name done is a massive no no and a kiss of death on the relationship! ( wish I had done it years ago )
Old 28 January 2011, 03:31 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Nice one Paul.

I don't mind the "what will i think when i'm old". I look at it as a reminder of my youth a bit....it's a story to tell someone. Granted i only have one tatto atm, but it hardly catches my eye(on the left shoulder facing away to my left) and i forget it's there most of the time.

I've had a look to find out if there was a symbol that the MRS name goes by, but no luck there.

Thanks for all the help so far people.
Old 28 January 2011, 03:45 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

As an example, what if you'd had a Celtic band put on your arm in 1994 when they were 'cool', or a chinese symbol in 1998? Would you not look at it today and think "God, I look a right prat"? The clothes I wear today are different to what I wore fifteen years ago - I would think the same thing would happen with a tattoo.

I guess it's just something you either love or hate..
Old 28 January 2011, 03:46 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Yep. If we were all the same mate, we would be rather boring.

Quick Reply: Tattoo location on body suggestions?