Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police Harrassment????

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2011, 11:00 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Police Harrassment????

We have a German Shepherd Dog. He is a baby, but is not a big fan of other dogs. Loves people though.
Anyway, way back in September last year. Our dog got into a fight with another dog. My daughter was having a rest on the walk, and had sat by the river and took our dog off the lead. Yes, I know she should not have done it and this thread is not about that. Please don't waste my time posting, the dog should not have been off the lead and all that shoite.
Anyway, bloke comes round the corner with his dog and our dog takes off. Goes for his dog, fight ensues and bloke decides it would be a good idea to seperate them
He got hurt in the fray. Couple of scratches on his back. Shepherds have big paws
Anyway, heard nothing until a few weeks later, we get a letter from one of these "Injuries for you" type companies. Bloke is making a compensation claim.. OK, compensation culture has taken over in this Country so I passed the details to the Insurance Co. They were brilliant and said they would deal with it, as they are getting up to 6-10 a day
Forgot about it all as my daughter was well upset at the time.
Day after New Years Day, local plod called!!!!!! About the incident over 4 months previous. Let them in, told them I knew nothing as was at hospital with my Mum at the time. They left and said they wanted to talk to my daughter.
They rang a few days later and made a time to call to speak to my daughter. Did not turn up. Rang again a few days later again, no show again.
Called last night at 8:10pm and left a message on my mobile to contact them about calling today. I returned the call this morning, left message with control and again waited in all day. No show
Am now getting pi$$ed off. The bloke got his compenstation and to me, that should be the end of the matter. Why are Plod pestering now, four and a half months after the event, and after the "victim" got his compen.
We feel bad enough for the bloke as it is, but it was his choice to get involved in a dog fight, but Plod now wanting to bring it up again after all this time, eh!!!!!!
Am I being unreasonable in thinking they must have nothing better to do
Old 16 January 2011, 11:04 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost as much of a waste as buying a Lotus.
Old 16 January 2011, 11:20 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Almost as much of a waste as buying a Lotus.
ehh!!! I know it was a long post, but I have no idea what you mean
Old 16 January 2011, 11:40 PM
bazzabugs
Scooby Regular

Did you pay him compenstation ? If so have you got proof if you have let the police know.
Old 16 January 2011, 11:44 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
ehh!!! I know it was a long post, but I have no idea what you mean
Sorry Lee i should have put more lol,don't know whether you have seen[obviously not by your reply] the police have just brought that new v6 engine Lotus at 60k a pop for going up and down the motorway so them coming to you is as much a waste of time as that is money given they apparently haven't got enough.

Last edited by prodriverules; 16 January 2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 16 January 2011, 11:45 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by bazzabugs
Did you pay him compenstation ? If so have you got proof if you have let the police know.

Yeah, insurance paid out. Our dog won the fight.
I work for a farmer, and he had 4 high calibre guns stolen last year. Plod lost interest in 3 months. Serious weapons!!!!
Yet my dog does what dogs do and we are getting more grief. How does that work
Old 16 January 2011, 11:47 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Sorry Lee i should have put more lol,don't know whether you have seen[obviously not by your reply] the police have just brought that new v6 engine Lotus at 60k a pop for going up and down the motorway so them coming to you like they are is about as much a waste of time as that is money given they apparently haven't got enough.
ahhh, I see. Thanks
Old 16 January 2011, 11:47 PM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

ye saw the lotus on the news last friday also got a couple of artics which they use to catch truck drivers undercover hgv's what next
Old 16 January 2011, 11:49 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lee247
Couple of scratches on his back. Shepherds have big paws
Nout to do with me!! I was with my heard in the barn!

Seriously Lee, the **** has had his compo so why carry on!!! Me, I'd report the cops for wasting your time hun, as you've. Etter things to do like earn a living. Get on the blower to head office in the morning xxxx.

P.S. Prodriveplus above is a retarded fookwit
Old 16 January 2011, 11:53 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I am not getting this at all. Your dog attacked someone elses dog, then attacked a person, and you are complaining about plod?

What am I missing?
Old 16 January 2011, 11:56 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I am not getting this at all. Your dog attacked someone elses dog, then attacked a person, and you are complaining about plod?

What am I missing?
He didn't attack a person. Did you read my post
Old 16 January 2011, 11:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You seem to have done what they want , if they cant show thats up to them

I wouldnt stay away from work/else a second time
Old 16 January 2011, 11:57 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by mr_impreza

Seriously Lee, the **** has had his compo so why carry on!!! Me, I'd report the cops for wasting your time hun, as you've. Etter things to do like earn a living. Get on the blower to head office in the morning xxxx.

They have kind paws
Old 16 January 2011, 11:57 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza

That's not very friendly seeing as we haven't spoke for a while now is it sheep boy
Old 16 January 2011, 11:58 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

police maybe trying to close the file, as you know the majority of them shy away from real work
Old 17 January 2011, 12:01 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Mus
police maybe trying to close the file, as you know the majority of them shy away from real work
Well, I just wish they would get on with it, instead of wasting my time
I have better things to do.
Dogs fight, end of. People like compen, end of. Plod turning up 4 and a half months later is a joke, end of. They also did not know the bloke went for compen????? Make their mind up
Old 17 January 2011, 12:33 AM
Will
BANNED

I just wish that while the dog had his kind paws on his back, he'd of bummed the **** to death
Old 17 January 2011, 12:36 AM
Will
BANNED

That's not very friendly seeing as we haven't spoke for a while now is it sheep boy
I'm sorry!! Now, where's your ma??
Old 17 January 2011, 07:13 AM
Pjamie
Scooby Regular

I can't speak for why the police aren't visiting when they are supposed to, but I'd be thankful rather than moan about it.

The police - if they ever do arrive - will probably give you a warning that since your dog is dog-aggressive it would be wise never to let it off the lead in a public area and they may suggest that it is muzzled at all times when out in public.

Now that there is a history of this happening, and your insurance company has paid out due to the attack on another dog, your dog's days are numbered if it ever happens again.

I'm sure the other man didn't "step in" for a laugh, but to protect his own dog. I know that if someone elses dog attacked my dog for no reason except that it was there, I would be extremely unhappy and be looking for the vet bills and my lost time to be paid for. If the attack was consistent with the other dog not retreating if/when the other dog submitted then I'd have no hesitation wading in to protect my dog as a last resort.

I love dogs and wouldn't want to see any harmed, but irresponsible owners, or those with aggressive dogs that are off-lead and/or aren't muzzled, are a danger to themselves.

I'm not saying you're not a responsible dog owner but you know your dog is dog-aggressive, you boast that your dog "won" the fight, and your dog now has a history. If you're not very careful there is a good chance your dog could be destroyed if that ever happens again.

Also, you may want to check with your insurance company. Now that there is a history you'll need to be sure that you are still covered without certain conditions applying - always on-lead, muzzled, or whatever - because if it ever happens again you might be on your own and have to pay costs and compensation out of your own pocket.
Old 17 January 2011, 08:39 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
If it was me I'd ring the police station where the guy works and inform them that you've waited in several times and he's no-showed and you've returned his calls to no avail so he's quite welcome to call at your house between, say, 1pm and 3pm when you're most likely to be in but you will not make another specific appointment. And note down all the previous missed meetings/phone calls you've made that haven't been returned just in case they get the hump ....

Dave
+1. Not sure if I'm missing something here, but this is the obvious course of action, is it not?
Old 17 January 2011, 08:52 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

It must be an awful worry owning a dangerous dog. I guess when they are attacking other dogs and injuring other dog walkers a normal, responsible person would consider whether they could justify keeping the dog, let alone allowing a youngster to be in charge of it. I'm just glad it wasn't a child protecting their dog, it could have been tragic. Still, the police seem to be aware of the danger posed so let's hope there's a sensible outcome.
Old 17 January 2011, 08:58 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Pjamie
I can't speak for why the police aren't visiting when they are supposed to, but I'd be thankful rather than moan about it.

The police - if they ever do arrive - will probably give you a warning that since your dog is dog-aggressive it would be wise never to let it off the lead in a public area and they may suggest that it is muzzled at all times when out in public.

Now that there is a history of this happening, and your insurance company has paid out due to the attack on another dog, your dog's days are numbered if it ever happens again.

I'm sure the other man didn't "step in" for a laugh, but to protect his own dog. I know that if someone elses dog attacked my dog for no reason except that it was there, I would be extremely unhappy and be looking for the vet bills and my lost time to be paid for. If the attack was consistent with the other dog not retreating if/when the other dog submitted then I'd have no hesitation wading in to protect my dog as a last resort.

I love dogs and wouldn't want to see any harmed, but irresponsible owners, or those with aggressive dogs that are off-lead and/or aren't muzzled, are a danger to themselves.

I'm not saying you're not a responsible dog owner but you know your dog is dog-aggressive, you boast that your dog "won" the fight, and your dog now has a history. If you're not very careful there is a good chance your dog could be destroyed if that ever happens again.

Also, you may want to check with your insurance company. Now that there is a history you'll need to be sure that you are still covered without certain conditions applying - always on-lead, muzzled, or whatever - because if it ever happens again you might be on your own and have to pay costs and compensation out of your own pocket.
Sorry, wasn't boasting. Just trying to lighten it up a bit.
We feel terrible about what happened, thankfully it seems to have been a one off. He is always on the lead now and is most certainly not a dangerous dog. Just a bit stupid.
I just wish the Plod would $hit or get off the pot.
Insurance company was fine about it all and the Plod have been very pleasant. It just seems to be dragging on now. How many missed appointments are we going to have.

Originally Posted by hutton_d
If it was me I'd ring the police station where the guy works and inform them that you've waited in several times and he's no-showed and you've returned his calls to no avail so he's quite welcome to call at your house between, say, 1pm and 3pm when you're most likely to be in but you will not make another specific appointment. And note down all the previous missed meetings/phone calls you've made that haven't been returned just in case they get the hump ....

Dave
Thanks. Makes sense
Old 17 January 2011, 09:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
It must be an awful worry owning a dangerous dog. I guess when they are attacking other dogs and injuring other dog walkers a normal, responsible person would consider whether they could justify keeping the dog, let alone allowing a youngster to be in charge of it. I'm just glad it wasn't a child protecting their dog, it could have been tragic. Still, the police seem to be aware of the danger posed so let's hope there's a sensible outcome.
It must be awful when someone has nothing better to do than impose their twisted personality on the members of an Internet car forum. How empty must someone's life be when this is what they need to do for kicks?

Lee, please don;t even bother replying to it, it's not worth it!!!

Last edited by f1_fan; 17 January 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 17 January 2011, 09:06 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by f1_fan
It must be awful when someone has nothing better to do than impose their twisted personality on the members of an Internet car forum. How empty must someone's life be when this is what they need to do for kicks?

Lee, please don;t even bother replying to it, it's not worth it!!!
Did he post. Can't say I even noticed
Old 17 January 2011, 09:12 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I wish you hadn't quoted f1_fan, Lee, now I know he's still stalking me. f1_fan, could you quote this for me please, so that Lee can see it?
Old 17 January 2011, 09:18 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish you hadn't quoted f1_fan, Lee, now I know he's still stalking me. f1_fan, could you quote this for me please, so that Lee can see it?
Old 17 January 2011, 09:25 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Sorry, did some non entity say something?
Old 17 January 2011, 09:27 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Thanks, Pimmo.
Old 17 January 2011, 09:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Sorry, did some non entity say something?
Thanks, Pimmo.

You two not get along then

Quick Reply: Police Harrassment????