Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Judaism

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2011, 12:53 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Judaism

How have you decided I'm Jewish then? It's pretty simple, you must have decided that Jewish people act in a certain way. If that is not racists then what is? Generalising based on race!

What from what I just said is 'from the telegraph' BTW?

Since when has it been a race ??
Old 16 January 2011, 12:54 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ***** thought so.

But then they were mongs. Genuinely don't care whether people are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Shinto etc

I suppose the issue is whether they are Islamist, Zionist etc. But then what's a Zionist?

Last edited by andythejock01wrx; 16 January 2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 16 January 2011, 01:01 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

To add, I don't think it's unreasonable or racist to have a guess at someone's religion/viewpoint based on their political comments (you could be wrong in your assumption of cousre).
Old 16 January 2011, 01:07 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Since about the second millenium BCE.
Old 16 January 2011, 02:00 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
How have you decided I'm Jewish then? It's pretty simple, you must have decided that Jewish people act in a certain way. If that is not racists then what is? Generalising based on race!

What from what I just said is 'from the telegraph' BTW?

It's an ethnic-religious identity.
Old 16 January 2011, 02:01 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
The ***** thought so.

But then they were mongs. Genuinely don't care whether people are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Shinto etc

I suppose the issue is whether they are Islamist, Zionist etc. But then what's a Zionist?
Zionism is just an idea that the Jewish people need a land to call their own is all.
Old 16 January 2011, 02:47 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Zionism is just an idea that the Jewish people need a land to call their own is all.
which in there original text clearly contradicts that, it states on there they are the people of no land, that's why the orthodox are against the Zionist and to my knowledge the orthodox are honest people..... well the majority of them are.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:00 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
which in there original text clearly contradicts that, it states on there they are the people of no land, that's why the orthodox are against the Zionist and to my knowledge the orthodox are honest people..... well the majority of them are.
99% of the Zionists are American.

But imho no religion should have a country, as a religion is a basic teaching on how to live your life, and a basic view on how and why we are here. And anything above and beyond that, is a misrepresentation of the religion.

No religion is a race.

Nazism believed that the Jews had stabbed the German in the back on the home front and capitulated in the defeat of Germany in WWI, and that Jews were somehow communist and so would over throw the government in a Bolshevic revolution as Judaism in the biological root of Bolshevism The 'Judeo-Bolshevist conspiracy'.
Add to that Jewish families running shops, and lending money, and esp during a period of extreme poverty. It was an explosive issue esp in Germany.

Lets remember that it was socially acceptible to be an anti-semite then as the Catholic Church promoted it, the apparent stab in the back, the real fear of communism and the acceptance of Jewish born Marxists who "lead" to the downfall of Germany in WWI.

It has also been argued that Zionists and Naziism are Very similar, only the "chosen" or "master race" and their choice of "enemy" are the difference.

Last edited by Jimbob; 16 January 2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:17 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
The Holocaust made Zionism necessary. It proved that the Jewish people can't depend upon the goodwill of host states.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:19 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob WRX

But imho no religion should have a country, as a religion is a basic teaching on how to live your life, and a basic view on how and why we are here. And anything above and beyond that, is a misrepresentation of the religion.
agree
Old 16 January 2011, 03:28 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

The Holocaust made Zionism necessary. It proved that the Jewish people can't depend upon the goodwill of host states.
So what about the Polish who were killed, what about the French, what about the soldiers from the Allies who died.
More Russians died in the war than Jews.

Zionism is totally unacceptable.

So one country decides to not accept Jews, then the MUST get their own country lol. So the rich in France should have had that too instead of the guillotine. All the Vietnamese that Pol Pot killed for being educated.

At the end of the day, those concentration camps had more than Jews in there, so how can any one segment decide it DESERVES something after that is plain Greedy, Opportunist, and Shameful.
The only thing that is deserved is that those who died to STOP this happening are remembered, that those who died are not forgotten, and that we NEVER allow this to happen again.

Last edited by Jimbob; 16 January 2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:32 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

some morrocans believe that king hassan when he was around treated the Jews better than his own people. the Jews live in yemen with no problem. but hitlar was just a nutter he did what he did for what ever reason he had.

so cause they can't depend on the good will of states they should take over Palestine. go in to google type in palistine click images and I'm pretty sure you will stumble across a map that showed Palestinians had more land than the Jews. and within 60 years the palistinians only have 10% of there own country?? is that fair Tony? it's black and White it's clear as day light.

it's funny when I speak to some clients at work they tell me they still have palistinain friends back home. the orthodox blame the isrealie zionist government, the isrealie government blame the palistinian and suicide bombers.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:38 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
some morrocans believe that king hassan when he was around treated the Jews better than his own people. the Jews live in yemen with no problem. but hitlar was just a nutter he did what he did for what ever reason he had.

so cause they can't depend on the good will of states they should take over Palestine. go in to google type in palistine click images and I'm pretty sure you will stumble across a map that showed Palestinians had more land than the Jews. and within 60 years the palistinians only have 10% of there own country?? is that fair Tony? it's black and White it's clear as day light.

it's funny when I speak to some clients at work they tell me they still have palistinain friends back home. the orthodox blame the isrealie zionist government, the isrealie government blame the palistinian and suicide bombers.
Very true the Orthodox have no worries living side by side with anyone there, its the Zionists who believe they are "chosen" and that the Palestinians are animals. Where have we heard that before??

Also the Israeli people live in a first world country, when they hold down the real owners of the land in less than 3rd world conditions. How would you react??
The UN says that the "Occupied Territories" should be handed back as they breach international law, yet their connections to the Gov`s in America and UK allow them to get away with it. No wonder people see the Jews and ASSUME there is a conspiracy, as in every other case it indeed called a conspiracy.
Old 16 January 2011, 03:44 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

An oppressed people would be the (I hate using this word) Blacks in America.

They were oppressed but this is a segment from a famous speech.
Originally Posted by Dr Martin Luther King jr
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
All he asks for is to stand alongside everyone as equals, where is the "We demand a country of our own"??
Old 16 January 2011, 09:12 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another quality SN thread
Looking forward to further enlightenment.
Old 16 January 2011, 09:21 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yes this is just what the place needs. When will it ever end? Probably never which will be about the same time that TdW will answer the simple question that has been put to him.
Old 16 January 2011, 09:26 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Source, please.

No religion is a race.
Except Jewry which, uniquely, is both a religion and a race.
Old 16 January 2011, 09:28 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Another quality SN thread
Looking forward to further enlightenment.
It's a discussion.
Old 16 January 2011, 09:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think it is quite wrong to denigrate a person for his religious beliefs.

It is how he actually behaves which is important.

Les
Old 16 January 2011, 10:15 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Source, please.

Except Jewry which, uniquely, is both a religion and a race.
What about various groups of people e.g. Aborigines or American Indians?

They are a race with their own unique beliefs, do they fall into the same category?

dl
Old 16 January 2011, 11:40 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

We dont care if your a frontal skid Tony my boy

Have to say is it just coincidence that Judaism and judgemental share the same root ?
Old 16 January 2011, 12:08 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock

They are a race with their own unique beliefs, do they fall into the same category?

dl
Not ordained by Jesus David so they dont count ,apparently
Old 16 January 2011, 06:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Zionism is totally unacceptable.
What business is it of yours to say that?
Old 16 January 2011, 06:36 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It has also been argued that Zionists and Naziism are Very similar, only the "chosen" or "master race" and their choice of "enemy" are the difference.
The lunatic side of Nazism was about racial supremacy and conquering 'lesser' people (Jews, slaves, Gypsies etc)...all rationalised by ideas of racial struggle and social Darwinism etc.

Zionism is just about a Jewish homeland. There is nothing in Zionism about enslaving anyone of about Jewish supremacy. "Choseness' maybe but same for many religions.
Old 16 January 2011, 06:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

What business is it of yours to say that?
Considering all you spout about Islamisn do you not think you are being somewhat hypocritical here?
Old 16 January 2011, 06:46 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Very true the Orthodox have no worries living side by side with anyone there, its the Zionists who believe they are "chosen" and that the Palestinians are animals. Where have we heard that before??

Also the Israeli people live in a first world country, when they hold down the real owners of the land in less than 3rd world conditions. How would you react??
The UN says that the "Occupied Territories" should be handed back as they breach international law, yet their connections to the Gov`s in America and UK allow them to get away with it. No wonder people see the Jews and ASSUME there is a conspiracy, as in every other case it indeed called a conspiracy.
That is all rubbish, total lies.

The Palies keep themselves down with their terrible Leadership bent on prolonging the conflict, thus keeping their economy a basket case.

Araft was offered 95% of what he wanted. There could have been a two state solution and peace but instead he rejected it w/out even a counter offer.
Old 16 January 2011, 06:48 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Considering all you spout about Islamisn do you not think you are being somewhat hypocritical here?
So long as elements of Islamism advocate Sharia law in the West it is.

That and the terrorism.
Old 16 January 2011, 06:48 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

'Choseness'
Old 16 January 2011, 06:51 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock

dl
They are not even monotheists, there is no unifying element of say 'aboriginal culture' which make it a monoculture.

Total constructs.
Old 16 January 2011, 06:55 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
the Jews live in yemen with no problem. but hitlar was just a nutter he did what he did for what ever reason he had.
Shame about the rest of the pogroms in the 20th century in Arab states.

Originally Posted by Mus
But many Arabs sold land willingly to Jewish people in the early and mid-20th century.

The British partitioned the land in a split where Israel was much smaller than today, but the Arabs then attacked and LOST the Palestinians even more land.

It could have been much different without Arab chest-beating.

Quick Reply: Judaism