Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I phone 4 broke

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2011, 05:09 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I phone 4 broke

The on off button on the top has broke, its as if the spring has broke. I've contacted Apple whom say I have to take it to a shop. What a load of crap the nearest shop is 50 miles away. Not happy at all.
Old 05 January 2011, 05:17 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

You'll probably get good service when you get there though.

Steve
Old 05 January 2011, 07:51 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Yes, but I don't have time to travel 50 miles each way on the off chance that they may be able to fix it. Or even worse they turn round and say we'll have to send it off then I am 2 weeks without a mobile.
Old 05 January 2011, 07:53 PM
Noris8322
Scooby Regular

Have you got insurance on the phone?
Old 05 January 2011, 07:57 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

speak to your service provider. thats what I did when my 3GS went wrong, they sent me out a new phone that day.
Old 05 January 2011, 09:06 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

I haven't got insurance. I've phoned o2 who have registered the problem. They have told me to go into an o2 store tomorrow. At least the 02 store is local and the bloke on the phone reckoned they would lend me a phone if it was sent off to be repaired.
Old 05 January 2011, 09:28 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimpreza
I haven't got insurance. I've phoned o2 who have registered the problem. They have told me to go into an o2 store tomorrow. At least the 02 store is local and the bloke on the phone reckoned they would lend me a phone if it was sent off to be repaired.
apple would change it there and then
Old 05 January 2011, 10:05 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

You never know o2 might. However I'd rather they didn't as I have a lot of stuff saved on my phones and have set everything up as I like it.
Old 05 January 2011, 10:36 PM
tim.gilbert23
Scooby Regular

Exact same thing happened to me on Monday. Apple mk changed it there and then.
Old 06 January 2011, 09:08 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

You never know o2 might. However I'd rather they didn't as I have a lot of stuff saved on my phones and have set everything up as I like it.
iTunes will restore a new phone with the exact same content and settings as long as you've backed it up.
Old 06 January 2011, 01:49 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Cheers folks. 02 couldn't fix it and offered to send it off but could only lend me a crappy Nokia that I can't receive email on. I am going to back up my phone tonight and I've made a 'Genius Bar appointment' in my store 50 miles away. They better replace it after this or I'll be kicking off with Tim and Ant . What would happen if the phone was 13 months old and out of it's 12 month guarantee?
Old 06 January 2011, 02:17 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chances are they'd replace it as a gesture of goodwill as so soon out of warranty
Old 06 January 2011, 04:04 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

If you dont be arsey with them , then there's no reason for them not to change them
Old 06 January 2011, 04:17 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

What do you mean arsey? I am terrible at kicking off with people.
Old 06 January 2011, 04:55 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Just like "I'm not happy this ****ty phone has stopped working I want you to fix it now"

Just massage their ego and you'll be fine

I have a genius appoitment Sunday to take my MacBook pro back, it's a Ball ache as the wife will want to shopping at meadowhall too
Old 06 January 2011, 04:58 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
You'll probably get good service when you get there though.

Steve
They do "extras" then

Maybe there's more to this iPhone lark than I realise
Old 06 January 2011, 05:03 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Im suprised O2 wouldnt replace it. A mate of mine is with O2 and he had a 3GS and when that wet wrong he phoned them, they said that they didnt have any 3GS to send out as a replacment so asked if he would be happy if they sent out an iphone 4 insted.

My 3GS has started to play up and im with vodafone, I got a brand new replacement yesterday, plugged it into my itunes and now have everything as it was on my old handset.
Old 06 January 2011, 09:23 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

There was no way Mr O2 was giving me a new phone. I must have mis read the above as the wife always says I am too nice when going into shops so the I should be okay in the Apple Store.
Old 07 January 2011, 10:57 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

We shall see. Lets hope someone with an iphone videos you kicking off at the genius bar and posts it on YouTube
Old 07 January 2011, 01:06 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

I bet you get the very best service where ever you go then....

I have friends in retail and nothing rubs them up the wrong way than customers shouting and flailing arms about.

My Genius bar experience thus so far is :

Intel iMac (isight white version) - 1.5 year outside of warranty : logic board, screen, graphics card changed as gesture of good will as it was a known problem with my specific batch model (cost was over £700!)

iPhone 3GS - 14months old, still in extended warranty period : I arrive describing an intermittent problem with cell signal dropping, guy takes one look and says there is no way he can test for this or replicate, why dont I just give you a brand new one?

Apple service in my experience is fautless
Old 07 January 2011, 02:50 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Cheers Jaybird. I think you have mis understood me. I always go into shops to complain but the missus says I am too soft and I should be more forceful. My opinion is because I am too nice I always get crap service.
Old 07 January 2011, 04:55 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Cheers folks. 02 couldn't fix it and offered to send it off but could only lend me a crappy Nokia that I can't receive email on. I am going to back up my phone tonight and I've made a 'Genius Bar appointment' in my store 50 miles away. They better replace it after this or I'll be kicking off with Tim and Ant . What would happen if the phone was 13 months old and out of it's 12 month guarantee?
you would, quite rightly, be told to do one.

What a stupid question, my warranty ran out a month ago but i want my phone fixing for free even though i refuse to pay for insurance, i deal with muppets like this all day long, a warranty has a finite life, end of!
Old 07 January 2011, 04:59 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboAndy
Im suprised O2 wouldnt replace it. A mate of mine is with O2 and he had a 3GS and when that wet wrong he phoned them, they said that they didnt have any 3GS to send out as a replacment so asked if he would be happy if they sent out an iphone 4 insted.

My 3GS has started to play up and im with vodafone, I got a brand new replacement yesterday, plugged it into my itunes and now have everything as it was on my old handset.
Apple internal policy states hight street branches are not allowed to replace an iphone, it has to be done by apple, so they can control any threat of bad press.

If you have had a replacement from a network provider it will have been a error and the person who authorised it will have been bollocked and an email will have gone round regarding apple repacement policy and the dos and donts wil have been on it!

I admit its bad customer service to ecpect you to drive 50 miles to sort it but this is apple, they want to control EVERYTHING about the iphone, even the tariffs and fair use allowances, they are ***** at apple!
Old 07 January 2011, 05:02 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

There was no way Mr O2 was giving me a new phone. I must have mis read the above as the wife always says I am too nice when going into shops so the I should be okay in the Apple Store.
you cant be too nice, if you got even slightly angry and shouty in my shop i would just have you removed by security and barred from ever coming back!

People that think they can just shout a manager down to get their own way are the sort of people who refuse to listen to reason and think cos they are a big person in their family who commands respect that that repect will come from me.

Wrong, you are **** all to me love, jog on!
Old 07 January 2011, 07:08 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
you cant be too nice, if you got even slightly angry and shouty in my shop i would just have you removed by security and barred from ever coming back!

People that think they can just shout a manager down to get their own way are the sort of people who refuse to listen to reason and think cos they are a big person in their family who commands respect that that repect will come from me.

Wrong, you are **** all to me love, jog on!
You sir are a prize ****. When have I said I shout at people in shops. If you read my post, I stated that I am too soft and never kick off.

You go and stand behind your till in Dixons mate and jog on. Please note I didn't raise my voice. I don't want you to get the Scoobynet security to throw me out.

Last edited by Jimpreza; 07 January 2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07 January 2011, 07:14 PM
steve_ra_v-ltd
Scooby Regular

lol its brilliant on here
Old 07 January 2011, 07:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

2 year old MacBook, new Battery free of charge. 2 year old Time Capsule, free of charge upgrade, nothing wrong with the original.

Even when Apple deliver truly outstanding service there are ***** that just have to be negative.
Old 07 January 2011, 07:29 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

You sir are a prize ****. When have I said I shout at people in shops. If you read my post, I stated that I am too soft and never kick off.

You go and stand behind your till in Dixons mate and jog on. Please note I didn't raise my voice. I don't want you to get the Scoobynet security to throw me out.

This is a prize ****

I think you will find that GC8WRX is not your average shop boy

Anyway I wont let that get in the way of some well thought out and constructive banter on here
Old 07 January 2011, 07:30 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
2 year old MacBook, new Battery free of charge. 2 year old Time Capsule, free of charge upgrade, nothing wrong with the original.

Even when Apple deliver truly outstanding service there are ***** that just have to be negative.
That was the TC that had the flaw though didnt it

Not being obstructive, just know that mine is ticking away waiting for the day

Quick Reply: I phone 4 broke