Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

whos been to euro disney

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2011, 04:58 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos been to euro disney

ok well were there for a couple days, i know everyone says the food is crap and its terrible overpriced, so a good heads up on what were and not to go would be ace, we are staying in the sequoia lodge which aparantly is only a short while away

any help appreciated
Old 05 January 2011, 05:07 PM
J.beazley
Scooby Regular

Stayed in the Sequoia Lodge a fair few years ago loved the open fire place in the lounge area, the flat escalator floor leading to the park is fun but takes ages lol.

Enjoy the trip its well worth it and i will be going back again once my kids are a little older to fully get the most from the holiday.

Jay
Old 05 January 2011, 05:12 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

We were there for New Years Eve a few years back. We really enjoyed it and want to take the little girl when she's a bit older.
Only tip i'd give is make sure you get a ticket that allows entry to both parks, and take a coat!
Old 05 January 2011, 09:25 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

We love it there. Yes it's expensive and the French are rude however the kids will not see that and have a great time and my best recommendation...look past the faults and enjoy it with the kids!

Steve
Old 05 January 2011, 09:45 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
We love it there. Yes it's expensive and the French are rude however the kids will not see that and have a great time and my best recommendation...look past the faults and enjoy it with the kids!

Steve
+1

You won't get better advice. Short of cancelling and saving hard for a trip to Florida to how it's really done.
Old 05 January 2011, 10:08 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

I loved it, think kids did too........
All the characters are the real ones ....
If you can get there outside French school holidays, you won't queue for any of the rides either. We spent 4 days there, giving the kids a chance to properly visit both parks. Take your own food, think I was paying £40 for 5 sandwiches and drinks last year in the park. If you intend taking your evening meal at the lodge, it's worth paying in advance as they're far more expensive to pay for on the night.
Old 05 January 2011, 10:11 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole family enjoyed it, but we wouldn't go again. It's not just the French, but all the Europeans are rude as pigs. Quite often you'd get one or 2 kids in the queue and once they got to the front the whole extended family would push through to join them. Got into quite a few arguments and the staff just didn't give a ****. It was magical though
Old 05 January 2011, 10:14 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
The whole family enjoyed it, but we wouldn't go again. It's not just the French, but all the Europeans are rude as pigs. Quite often you'd get one or 2 kids in the queue and once they got to the front the whole extended family would push through to join them. Got into quite a few arguments and the staff just didn't give a ****. It was magical though
A far, far better class of clientele at Disneyland Tokyo
Old 06 January 2011, 10:16 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The original Disneyland and Walt Disney World are much better.

Les
Old 06 January 2011, 12:20 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

...a bit harder to get to though Les!

I really enjoyed it, despite thinking I wouldn't.

One part we all enjoyed was a pre booked meal in Cafe Mickey with all the caracters.
Old 06 January 2011, 12:24 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

Although you aren't supposed to, you can make up lunch packs from the continental breakfast food in the breakfast bars in the morning. Take some big cups with lids and you can fill up with orange juice for the day too. You could be really adventurous and take a flask too.
Old 06 January 2011, 02:30 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there on January 3rd 2008
Two kids & wife
Stayed in Dreamcastle Hotel which was very close to the main park.

Yes it was expensive and the food in Disney was shyte, to be perfectly honest.
My biggest problem though was it was seriously busy then and cold.
Queues for the bigger rides were generally 1.5 - 2.0 hours, unless you used fast pass - but this was few and far between.
Quite a few rides were broken down because of maintenance .
Not only was it really busy, but it was completely freezing too.
It was so cold that on day 2 for example, my daughter was dressed in

Vest, 2 tops, mini fleece, padded coat, 2 pairs of socks, pair of track type bottoms, pair of jeans, hat, gloves & scarf

However - overall it was an enjoyable experience, and it left pleasant memories
Old 06 January 2011, 02:47 PM
Scotsman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
It was so cold that on day 2 for example, my daughter was dressed in

Vest, 2 tops, mini fleece, padded coat, 2 pairs of socks, pair of track type bottoms, pair of jeans, hat, gloves & scarf
We were there last March with my 2 and 5 year old - they adored it - great experience but it was freezing - the wind just makes 30 times worse. We'll definitely go back, but wrapping up if you were expecting an Arctic winter is the name of the game over the winter/early spring months.
Old 06 January 2011, 02:49 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

In laws took our daughter a couple of years ago. FIL found the locals very rude and the costume characters would only be nice to the french - there was one incident with one character and the FIL almost hit the guy.

As for my daughter, I'm not sure why but she didn't enjoy it at all. She had the chance to go again with Brownies this year but refused to go.

On the other hand we are quite lucky in that we live in a tourist area so have plenty to do in the area (Folly Farm, Oakwood, Blue Lagoon, Manor Park - the one Anna Ryder Richardson bought, Theres a dinosaur park but that is rubbish plus the beach and coast walks are free)

Its not as magical or vogue as Disney but keeps the kids happy and still rapes you if you don't bring a packed lunch.

A long weekend in Pembrokeshire isn't a bad shout and doesn't have to cost the earth.

Last edited by EddScott; 06 January 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06 January 2011, 02:55 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
In laws took our daughter a couple of years ago. FIL found the locals very rude and the costume characters would only be nice to the french - there was one incident with one character and the FIL almost hit the guy.

As for my daughter, I'm not sure why but she didn't enjoy it at all. She had the chance to go again with Brownies this year but refused to go.

On the other hand we are quite lucky in that we live in a tourist area so have plenty to do in the area (Folly Farm, Oakwood, Blue Lagoon, Manor Park - the one Anna Ryder Richardson bought, Theres a dinosaur park but that is rubbish plus the beach and coast walks are free)

Its not as magical or vogue as Disney but keeps the kids happy and still rapes you if you don't bring a packed lunch.

A long weekend in Pembrokeshire isn't a bad shout and doesn't have to cost the earth.
Folly Farm.
We went there whilst staying in Swansea in August.

The kids loved it for something that was quite simple.
Old 06 January 2011, 04:00 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Been twice to stay at the Disney Hotel. Very expensive, but we knew that.
"Large Vodka please"
"That'll be 24 Euros"

French are rude, food is better at the Shopping area just outside the park.

Here's a proper tip for you. If you want to meet the characters, go into the Disney Hotel, they are always kicking about upstairs on the restraunt level. There is also a schedule of who and when.
If you try and go to the character meets in the park you can queue for hours for 30 secs time. We played with Micky and Mini (parp parp!!) for about 15mins with no other kids about in the Disney hotel.
I suppose it's for Hotel guests only but no one checks anything, just walk in.
Old 06 January 2011, 04:43 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll the best thing about the alcohol being so expensive is that it keeps you from drinking too much - thats for sure
I usually had 2 large beers and a brandy back at the hotel