Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay: Parcel delivered but not received. Advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2010, 11:33 AM
wrbhawk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay: Parcel delivered but not received. Advice please.

I sold an item on ebay for £30 and only sent it first class (should have done it recorded signed for) on 5th December.

Last week the buyer messaged me to say he still hasn't received the item, and said he will wait until Xmas eve and if not delivered by then he wants a refund.

What is the best course of action here?
Let him file a "item not received" through ebay and deal with it through that (will this affect my feedback?)

Or do I just issue him a refund - If I go this route how do I go about claiming back my Final Selling Fee and listing fees etc.

Also, is there any point in filing a complaint to Royal Mail as even though I have proof of postage I can't see them compensating me.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:38 AM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Do it through paypal, tell seller to file the item not received, you will get your final fees back, I think you lose your listing fee.

Will not affect your feedback, unless the plonker decides to neg you, but he shouldn't if you are communicating well.

As for Royal Mail, I don't think there's anything you can do, sorry fella.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:42 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrbhawk

Also, is there any point in filing a complaint to Royal Mail as even though I have proof of postage I can't see them compensating me.
Give the guy a refund and then claim from RM, if you have proof of postage there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:51 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Can only claim back the cost of 100 first class stamps if you have proof of posting.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:52 AM
scoobydog63
Scooby Regular

If you got proof of sending the item even if it was'nt recorded you can clain up to £41 back from the royal mail. If you have proof of postage I would say to the buyer you are going to check with royal mail first to see if they know where it maybe. As whats to say he has'nt got it and is just trying it on. Has happened to me before.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:55 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Can only claim back the cost of 100 first class stamps if you have proof of posting.

I would be interested to know this as well. I sent a game 1st class recorded on the 26th of November which was never received . I refunded the bloke after he waited 3 weeks for the game, so I rang the royal mail too see where i go from here and the woman on the end of the phone ripped my head off, insinuating that I was foolish to send a parcel in this weather

Last edited by kingofturds; 19 February 2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:56 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I had a virtually identical experience a few months ago, except in my case the item that never arrived was something I was returning to a seller because it was faulty. I had proof of postage, but didn't use recorded so no tracking number.

Doing anything about it through Paypal/Ebay turned out to be a waste of time, as they will automatically rule against you unless you can provide a tracking number, so like others have said, best bet is to just give a refund and claim from Royal Mail. I got a compensation cheque from them in the end after around 6 weeks I think.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:03 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=80300735
Old 23 December 2010, 12:09 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I would be interested to know this as well. I sent a game 1st class recorded on the 26th of November which was never received . I refunded the bloke after he waited 3 weeks for the game, so I rang the royal mail too see where i go from here and the woman on the end of the phone ripped my head off, insinuating that I was foolish to send a parcel in this weather
Recorded is different as you can prove it's been delivered through tracking. Silly woman sounds stressed.....
Old 23 December 2010, 01:40 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Don't bother it's a complete waste of money!

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
as above. lesson is always send recorded when selling on ebay or you're leaving yourself wide open to be screwed over.
Old 23 December 2010, 01:46 PM
EmzWRX
Scooby Regular

I always use, 1st or 2nd class signed for, it's only another 20 odd pence to have it signed for...
Old 23 December 2010, 01:47 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

I ordered an item from Amazon on 30/11, despatched 6/12 from Jersey. Thought I'd waited long enough for delivery, so requested a replacement yesterday, item arrived this morning I don't know whether that's a long or average delay, but I'd give it another week or two before assuming it is definitely lost.
Old 23 December 2010, 02:08 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Some things are excluded from claiming for regardless. What did you post???
Old 23 December 2010, 05:01 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maaaaaaaaajor backlog of packets with RM.
Old 23 December 2010, 05:25 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EmzWRX
I always use, 1st or 2nd class signed for, it's only another 20 odd pence to have it signed for...
Was that back when they delivered your post on horseback?
Old 19 February 2011, 10:02 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well I finally got my compensation this morning.. 6 ******* stamps apparently despite sending a copy of the receipt that was not enough to prove the value of the package. Anyone know how to make an appeal?

Had it with these bunch of jokers. Chased down the postie the other day after he left a sorry we missed you card through the door only to find he did not have the package on him anyway. It was at the depot
Old 19 February 2011, 04:39 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Well I finally got my compensation this morning.. 6 ******* stamps apparently despite sending a copy of the receipt that was not enough to prove the value of the package. Anyone know how to make an appeal?

Had it with these bunch of jokers. Chased down the postie the other day after he left a sorry we missed you card through the door only to find he did not have the package on him anyway. It was at the depot
Did you send proof of the Ebay selling price when you sent in your original form? I was in a similar situation around this time last year, and I was pretty sure that was compulsory, if you wanted to claim for more than the cost of the postage itself. I got the full £35 back or thereabouts which I claimed for, and that was for non-recorded (but I'd kept a receipt).
Old 19 February 2011, 04:53 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by markjmd
Did you send proof of the Ebay selling price when you sent in your original form? I was in a similar situation around this time last year, and I was pretty sure that was compulsory, if you wanted to claim for more than the cost of the postage itself. I got the full £35 back or thereabouts which I claimed for, and that was for non-recorded (but I'd kept a receipt).

I didn't sell it on ebay i sold it on another forum. Apart from a screenshot of the pm agreeing the sale there is not much else I could have sent.
Old 19 February 2011, 05:05 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

I didn't sell it on ebay i sold it on another forum. Apart from a screenshot of the pm agreeing the sale there is not much else I could have sent.
So long as the buyer didn't settle with cash, you should be able to put together some form of evidence of receiving the funds (Paypal account history, bank statement or whatever), and what funds were for (from the forum sale thread or PM, like you said), and that should be enough.

Anyhow, customer complaints procedure is here, including how to get in touch with the Postal Review Panel (external to RM), if RM refuse to play ball:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=84400738
Old 19 February 2011, 10:27 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
as above. lesson is always send recorded when selling on ebay or you're leaving yourself wide open to be screwed over.
Indeed, lot of scammers on there ... this seems to be the latest trick

TX.