Feel Poorly!

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2010, 11:32 PM
Kevin_STI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feel Poorly!

Hi,

Anyone else feel like death at the moment? I don't usually come down with Flu but boy have I got it bad now, temperature, very weak, ears ringing, runny nose, dizzy and coughing to the point of being sick

Been on the lemsip all day, I hope it goes asap!

Kev
Old 22 December 2010, 11:34 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Lots of it around at the moment.

Good job we have to snow..... or all the headlines would be how we're all going to die from the latest flu outbreak
Old 22 December 2010, 11:34 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

..... get well soon by the way
Old 22 December 2010, 11:37 PM
Kevin_STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
..... get well soon by the way
Yea I'm def sure I caught it off sum1 at work.

Cheers
Old 22 December 2010, 11:40 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate - that's the sniffles, man flu... well you wouldn't be able to type
Old 22 December 2010, 11:42 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Man up you wuss
Old 22 December 2010, 11:47 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Man up!

I have been at the hospital for 4 hours with my daughter today due to breathing difficulties. Scared the ****e out of me!!

All she wanted to do was go home and have some cheereos
Old 22 December 2010, 11:49 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Well if she was really ill she'd be wanting "Monster Munch"
Old 22 December 2010, 11:51 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Well if she was really ill she'd be wanting "Monster Munch"
Lol!

She settled for quavers!

The childrens ward in wolves has a TV for each bed.

Cbeebies, ribena, quavers and some paracetamol seemed to see her right!
Old 22 December 2010, 11:53 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Ribena, quavers and some paracetamol
I've had worse nights glad she's feeling better
Old 23 December 2010, 12:13 AM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

our lass is bad with some sort of flu, sore throat, tired, drousy, chesty cough, aches & pains. not eaten in 2 days everything she eats just comes back up.

probably the crapest time of yr to get poorly too. all the best matey. get well soon
Old 23 December 2010, 12:18 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Man up!

I have been at the hospital for 4 hours with my daughter today due to breathing difficulties. Scared the ****e out of me!!

Hope she is ok now, poor little mite
Old 23 December 2010, 12:25 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

There is quite a lot of it about. I do not get sick very often, but had a temperature of 41c and didn't feel too good.

Steve
Old 23 December 2010, 12:28 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

People. Take Echinachea. You take it for two weeks, to build up the immune system.
Then stop. When you get a cold or Man Flu, you take the Echinachea, bingo. Cold, Flu does not take hold.
Give it a go. I've not had a cold for years
Oh and hope you all get well soon
Old 23 December 2010, 12:31 AM
Lisawrx

Hope you get better soon. There seems to have been alot of this go around up here, only difference is it was about a month or so ago at it's worst.

I never wimp out of work for 'minor' problems, but when I was hit by whatever the hell I had, I had to have a couple of days off. I felt a bit crappy for a few days, until one night where I barely slept, mainly because of that flu like fever, sort of feeling hot, but shivering like mad if I moved and feeling like a human punch bag. By the next day, I tried to go into work, but couldn't walk any distance as I struggled for breath. Ended up (after leaving work) getting an inhaler from the doc to hopefully get me breathing properly again. She was a little concerned, but said to try it as her second sounding was improved after use, but to come back if I got worse/no better advising me to rest for a bit.

Was off two days, of which I mainly slept when not coughing or being sick. However, my ear ache and loss of hearing lasted for weeks.

I know many people are against people taking any time off work, but if you are really bad, better have a couple of days off to pull yourself back around. You may feel like **** for a while after the worst though.

Last edited by Lisawrx; 23 December 2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:33 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by Lee247
People. Take Echinachea. You take it for two weeks, to build up the immune system.
Then stop. When you get a cold or Man Flu, you take the Echinachea, bingo. Cold, Flu does not take hold.
Give it a go. I've not had a cold for years
Oh and hope you all get well soon
I tried taking it when I was bad, and it had zero effect.

Perhaps I should have started before I became poorly.

BTW, if you do get cold/flu, how long do you take it so the bug doesn't take hold?
Old 23 December 2010, 12:34 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Hope she gets better soon. There seems to have been alot of this go around up here, only difference is it was about a month or so ago at it's worst.

I never wimp out of work for 'minor' problems, but when I was hit by whatever the hell I had, I had to have a couple of days off. I felt a bit crappy for a few days, until one night where I barely slept, mainly because of that flu like fever, sort of feeling hot, but shivering like mad if I moved and feeling like a human punch bag. By the next day, I tried to go into work, but couldn't walk any distance as I struggled for breath. Ended up (after leaving work) getting an inhaler from the doc to hopefully get me breathing properly again. She was a little concerned, but said to try it as her second sounding was improved after use, but to come back if I got worse/no better advising me to rest for a bit.

Was off two days, of which I mainly slept when not coughing or being sick. However, my ear ache and loss of hearing lasted for weeks.

I know many people are against people taking any time off work, but if she is really bad, better have a couple of days off to pull herself back around. She may feel like **** for a while after the worst though.

Hugs Lisa xx
Old 23 December 2010, 12:43 AM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

My daughter was suffering at the back end of last week (Friday) with cold like symptoms, on Monday Morning she took a turn for the worse so I took her to the doctors just to make sure, as the magic calpol was not helping. She was rushed straight to hospital then transfered to another, by Monday night she had a collapsed right lung and underwent emergency surgery to have chest drain put in.

She is still in LGI with tubes coming out of her, her mum has stopped by her bedside all week and although the prognosis is good, Christmas is off the cards, well at least till late next week. She has been diagnosed with iGAS.

Not wanting to scare anyone out there, but if it gets beyond the norm don't try and tough it out without seeing the doctor.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:45 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by Lee247

Hugs Lisa xx
Oh hun, I feel better now xx. But I think I was so low, that even when I thought things were picking up, they weren't and I seemed to get hit along the way. Mainly the abscess I got, leading to minor surgery.

I blame the antibiotics I was given before all this kicked off. And working with the public probably didn't help.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:52 AM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin_STI
Hi,

Anyone else feel like death at the moment? I don't usually come down with Flu but boy have I got it bad now, temperature, very weak, ears ringing, runny nose, dizzy and coughing to the point of being sick

Been on the lemsip all day, I hope it goes asap!

Kev
You cant stop drinking you muppet!

Old 23 December 2010, 08:17 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MickWrx
My daughter was suffering at the back end of last week (Friday) with cold like symptoms, on Monday Morning she took a turn for the worse so I took her to the doctors just to make sure, as the magic calpol was not helping. She was rushed straight to hospital then transfered to another, by Monday night she had a collapsed right lung and underwent emergency surgery to have chest drain put in.

She is still in LGI with tubes coming out of her, her mum has stopped by her bedside all week and although the prognosis is good, Christmas is off the cards, well at least till late next week. She has been diagnosed with iGAS.

Not wanting to scare anyone out there, but if it gets beyond the norm don't try and tough it out without seeing the doctor.
Hope she gets better soon mate, that's terrible
Old 23 December 2010, 09:51 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by MickWrx

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Old 23 December 2010, 10:31 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Micky, my daughter had a chest infection brought on by an asthma attack and collapsed lung when she was 18 months old. She was in hospital for a week and it was touch and go. Sorry you're having to experience that and all the best to her xxx

Hysteria, likewise, hope she feels better soon, crappy time of year I know.

To the OP, I too have this and have had a couple of days off week last week. It's still hanging around and the cough is driving everyone in my house mad! Feel constantly tired, headache and dizzy from time to time. Hoping the Christmas break will give me enough time to sort myself out and get back to full strength.