Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2010, 03:49 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interview after lorry crashes in to house

This chap made my laugh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12049846

Best line was "... it could have been a new house and the we'd have been flat packed and out at sea. So to speak."
Old 21 December 2010, 04:01 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

The guy who's interviewed in the house is luvin his 5 minutes of fame (bet hes on ex-pop-talent-brother-factor next week, an the lorry drivers a tosser anyways, fer tryin to drive in them conditions,I brought 4 deliveries back last week and 1 yesterday coz of poor conditions,but other drivers wanted to be hero's,so they went out with theirs!
Old 21 December 2010, 05:24 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by --------
The guy who's interviewed in the house is luvin his 5 minutes of fame (bet hes on ex-pop-talent-brother-factor next week, an the lorry drivers a tosser anyways, fer tryin to drive in them conditions,I brought 4 deliveries back last week and 1 yesterday coz of poor conditions,but other drivers wanted to be hero's,so they went out with theirs!
Errrr ever thought that he was already committed to driving down that road as nowhere to turn around and road got progressively worse? if you are a HGV driver (probably a rigid driver or worse...... a van driver ) you shouldn't criticise so easily we have all made mistakes. you returned 4 deliveries last week, it didn't snow heavy until Friday!!!!! what a jobs-worth you must be
Old 21 December 2010, 05:58 PM
sparkey67
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lagamorph
Errrr ever thought that he was already committed to driving down that road as nowhere to turn around and road got progressively worse? if you are a HGV driver (probably a rigid driver or worse...... a van driver ) you shouldn't criticise so easily we have all made mistakes. you returned 4 deliveries last week, it didn't snow heavy until Friday!!!!! what a jobs-worth you must be
i have to agree with u ,any muppet can turn van around any where not as easy with 45ft trailer behind u , as said once ur commmitted uv just got to go steady away it could have be a patch of black ice he hit (not every ones perfect) as u seam to be, in the end driver makes decision on what to do hes only one there to decide what to do. the blokes not a hero hes only doing his JOB !! any one can take drops back

and before u ask yes i am a hgv driver & been driving class 1 for last 22 yrs & rigids since i could

Last edited by sparkey67; 21 December 2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 21 December 2010, 06:04 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Glad you agree, I thought I was being a little harsh at first
Old 21 December 2010, 06:10 PM
sparkey67
Scooby Regular

not harsh at all bud , you normal find the jobs worth r 1st to shout when they dont get food in shops or parcels in time
Old 21 December 2010, 06:22 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sparkey67
not harsh at all bud , you normal find the jobs worth r 1st to shout when they dont get food in shops or parcels in time
class one myself police could of diverted him of the mainroad like thay did me last year and thay put me right in the sh?t ended up slowing a tractor down on the twisties in the sticks of taunton
Old 21 December 2010, 07:01 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

i have to agree with u ,any muppet can turn van around any where not as easy with 45ft trailer behind u , as said once ur commmitted uv just got to go steady away it could have be a patch of black ice he hit (not every ones perfect) as u seam to be, in the end driver makes decision on what to do hes only one there to decide what to do. the blokes not a hero hes only doing his JOB !! any one can take drops back

and before u ask yes i am a hgv driver & been driving class 1 for last 22 yrs & rigids since i could

Sorry chaps bin drivin commercials since '89 an "45 ft" trailers (wot difference does trailer size make??) since '93 (yawn) (drivin "artics" aint difficult).It's entirely the drivers responsibility as to whether or not they drive,I'd rather think I avoided crashing my "45ft" trailer into someone's house (earning a possible fine,disciplinary action,an increase in YOUR car insurance),than think I was tryin to earn my company extra money/brownie points.But then again, I get paid whether I deliver or not, who's the dumb sh*t in this situation??? Yeah snow, who would of expected it this week,complete surprise to me!
Old 21 December 2010, 07:08 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Sorry chaps bin drivin commercials since '89 an "45 ft" trailers (wot difference does trailer size make??) since '93 (yawn) (drivin "artics" aint difficult).It's entirely the drivers responsibility as to whether or not they drive,I'd rather think I avoided crashing my "45ft" trailer into someone's house (earning a possible fine,disciplinary action,an increase in YOUR car insurance),than think I was tryin to earn my company extra money/brownie points.But then again, I get paid whether I deliver or not, who's the dumb sh*t in this situation??? Yeah snow, who would of expected it this week,complete surprise to me!
have to agree ive been driving artics over 22 yrs now own risk if you go into situataions without a risk asssment you deserve what you get i wont put my life or anybody elses saftey in to question i will simpley not deliver still get paid in full whether i do or dont
Old 21 December 2010, 07:35 PM
sparkey67
Scooby Regular

good old health & safety raises it head again risk assment , so u get out & walk down every rd u want to go down 1st before u drive down it yep right, as for size of tralier does matter on country rds as bends,trees & bridges, i would like a pound for every time some ones said ive had bigger than u in b4 when u turn up with 45ft tl 16ft high till them come & look then its not that big,

not saying its not drivers responsibilty to make surer jobs done saftey but some things out of your control, as for getting payed i get payed whether i leave yard or not & make delivers or not ,
Old 21 December 2010, 07:59 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

good old health & safety raises it head again risk assment , so u get out & walk down every rd u want to go down 1st before u drive down it yep right, as for size of tralier does matter on country rds as bends,trees & bridges, i would like a pound for every time some ones said ive had bigger than u in b4 when u turn up with 45ft tl 16ft high till them come & look then its not that big,

not saying its not drivers responsibilty to make surer jobs done saftey but some things out of your control, as for getting payed i get payed whether i leave yard or not & make delivers or not ,
Your the kind of driver I refer to,I get on the A1 at Leeds an its snowin,I dont need to travel to Newcastle to know its gonna get worse, (regardless of the fact that the weather reports have been reporting hazardous conditions ALL WEEK), I get paid,so I turn around an bring the fu*ker back.Length or height of trailer does NOT matter, in snowy conditions your gonna get stuck!! And again you jacknife your truck, are you sure your NOT gonna be on a disciplinary for it??? You kill someone (tryin to be a hero) the company is gonna drop it right on your toe's,an you still wanna be a hero..... BTW I pull 16ft3 trailers as well,so wot??
Old 21 December 2010, 08:17 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Your the kind of driver I refer to,I get on the A1 at Leeds an its snowin,I dont need to travel to Newcastle to know its gonna get worse, (regardless of the fact that the weather reports have been reporting hazardous conditions ALL WEEK), I get paid,so I turn around an bring the fu*ker back.Length or height of trailer does NOT matter, in snowy conditions your gonna get stuck!! And again you jacknife your truck, are you sure your NOT gonna be on a disciplinary for it??? You kill someone (tryin to be a hero) the company is gonna drop it right on your toe's,an you still wanna be a hero..... BTW I pull 16ft3 trailers as well,so wot??
have to agree again i wont even go down a road that is full off snow if idid and had a accident i would be on a disciplinary breach taking undo care and attention due to risk assesment not being use i see loads off ********* daily in hgv riskin my life and there own
Old 21 December 2010, 09:04 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

there's got to be some people on the wind up?? risk assesment before driving down a road, wtf. it starts snowing at leeds, so i turn round - grow a set!
Old 21 December 2010, 09:19 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie boy
there's got to be some people on the wind up?? risk assesment before driving down a road, wtf. it starts snowing at leeds, so i turn round - grow a set!

seriously thats how blue chip companies take it now
Old 21 December 2010, 09:41 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
seriously thats how blue chip companies take it now

fair enough, if thats how they want it. its abit more old school where i work!
Old 21 December 2010, 10:11 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie boy
fair enough, if thats how they want it. its abit more old school where i work!
best stay where you are then you get everything thrown at you like i do gonna give it up shortly fooked off with there procedures
Old 22 December 2010, 01:07 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Here's one for you.
I gave up class 1 last March after a bad one, no ones fault, just one of those things.
Now i'm training to be a health and safety officer.

Talk about seeing it from both sides.
Old 22 December 2010, 08:23 AM
sparkey67
Scooby Regular

not saying go down snow covered rd , ITS called useing common sense ! every one wants to blame someone when things go wrong thats y the country is in the state it is now adays health & safety gone f**king mad
Old 22 December 2010, 08:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill
This chap made my laugh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12049846

Best line was "... it could have been a new house and the we'd have been flat packed and out at sea. So to speak."
It was a good interview. His glass is half full alright!

Les
Old 22 December 2010, 09:15 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flat packed out to sea

Wonder how much Christmas booze is in that trailer...
Old 22 December 2010, 09:56 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Your the kind of driver I refer to,I get on the A1 at Leeds an its snowin,I don't need to travel to Newcastle to know its gonna get worse, (regardless of the fact that the weather reports have been reporting hazardous conditions ALL WEEK), I get paid,so I turn around an bring the fu*ker back.Length or height of trailer does NOT matter, in snowy conditions your gonna get stuck!! And again you jacknife your truck, are you sure your NOT gonna be on a disciplinary for it??? You kill someone (tryin to be a hero) the company is gonna drop it right on your toe's,an you still wanna be a hero..... BTW I pull 16ft3 trailers as well,so wot??
You missed my point completely!! size does matter and youd be an idiot to say otherwise, if you head down a road which is fine and either get diverted by a fool or conditions take a turn for the worse you have no choice but to carry on, stop or reverse if the road doesnt allow you to turn around! i wish i had the power of hindsight like you but i don't and to walk down the road first is a ridiculous argument, some roads can go on for miles with no turning point and no indication to what dangers are ahead.

Your point of years of driving experience means sod all, some of the worst drivers Ive come across have been know it all sods who think years of experience supersede the simple ability to drive well.

You must be an agency driver as nobody could hold down a REAL job with your attitude to work. I work for myself and run the business with my brother and my father and if i had your 'work' ethic I would soon run out of customers and go out of business! you are in my eyes unemployable as a driver BUT with that said I'm happy people like you exist and work for the big boys as it only pushes work back to those who are capable of doing it without taking the **** and finding any excuse possible to be plain lazy.

This trip to Newcastle you talk about, how do you know your path is not clear and has been gritted well? you don't do you! how do you get away with it? your transport planner must be a plank or has never even set foot in a truck.

What would you do if you lived in an area that had regular snow throughout the year?

My abuse of you has taken me a little off track, my original point is that its not fair for someone to criticise the driver and not know the full circumstances of his situation.