Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

brit cops on tv

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2010, 09:58 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brit cops on tv

someone in a white type r getting a £60 fine for number plate in the wrong place. had a scoobyclinic sticker in pass rear side window.

anyone off here?
Old 20 December 2010, 12:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaOne
someone in a white type r getting a £60 fine for number plate in the wrong place. had a scoobyclinic sticker in pass rear side window.

anyone off here?
There are regulations as I am sure you well know for the letters on the plates and their position so that the number can be read without a problem.

You might find it irritating if someone hit your car and drove off and you could not read the registration because of the plate's position when you think about it.

If you deliberately position your number plate incorrectly, you have to expect that you may well get done for it.

Les
Old 20 December 2010, 02:12 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
There are regulations as I am sure you well know for the letters on the plates and their position so that the number can be read without a problem.

You might find it irritating if someone hit your car and drove off and you could not read the registration because of the plate's position when you think about it.

If you deliberately position your number plate incorrectly, you have to expect that you may well get done for it.

Les
i think you missed the point they were not having a go about the fine just wondering if it was someone on here
Old 20 December 2010, 02:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Don't be naive Les, you are brighter than that.

It's got naff-all to do with US reading it, it's ALL about the government's machines being able to read it, so they can track what you do, and hwere you go, make sure you pay your road tax, make sure you pay any speeding fines they give you, etc etc etc.

Then they give us all this b/s about cars that don't have tax not having insurance or MoT and THEREFORE not being safe.

But look at the figures: which one of those three do they take great pains to enforce? Yep, Road tax, which THEY get. The other two, they aren't THAT bothered or they would do something about it. They never have.

Personally, I'd like to see a groundswell where we ALL remove our number plates
Old 20 December 2010, 02:37 PM
Richie856
Scooby Regular

But surely the stolen car argument would be enough?
Your car is stolen and passes a few cameras. Correct number plate....better chance of finding you car than not?
I hate folk that don't pay their road tax and I wouldn't feel bad about reporting them myself.
As for cars without insurance. I'm happy for anything that'll stop them...and hopefully keep my premiums down!
Old 20 December 2010, 02:49 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

but your all missing the topic the question is was the car on brit cops anyones on here not a question about why they got stopped or fined
Old 20 December 2010, 03:02 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

anyone off here?

I'd be fighting that one. The law states:

7. — (1) This regulation applies to vehicles, other than works trucks, road rollers and agricultural machines, first registered before the relevant date.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (4), a registration plate must be fixed in the manner required by paragraph (3) on—
(a)
the front of the vehicle, and
(b)
the rear of—
(i)
the vehicle or,
(ii)
where the vehicle is towing a trailer, the trailer or,
(iii)
where the vehicle is towing more than one trailer, the rearmost trailer.
(3) This paragraph requires each plate to be fixed—
(a)
in a vertical position or, where that is not possible, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable, and
(b)
in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable, in the case of a plate fixed on the front of the vehicle, from in front of the vehicle and, in the case of a plate fixed on the rear of the vehicle or trailer, from behind the vehicle or trailer.

(4) In the case of a motor cycle and a motor tricycle which does not have a body of a type which is characteristic of the body of a four-wheeled vehicle, a registration plate need not be fixed on the front of the vehicle.
Old 20 December 2010, 03:38 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie856
But surely the stolen car argument would be enough?
Your car is stolen and passes a few cameras. Correct number plate....better chance of finding you car than not?
I hate folk that don't pay their road tax and I wouldn't feel bad about reporting them myself.
As for cars without insurance. I'm happy for anything that'll stop them...and hopefully keep my premiums down!
Nope. The chances of them picking up a stolen car are MINUTE.

And personally I don't give a fig if they get their roadtax, or not. They shaft us on everything else, so more power to those who duck it and get away with it.

Now insurance is another matter, but does HMG CARE about insurance4? No. Lip service, if it comes up.
Old 20 December 2010, 03:39 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deanb1980
but your all missing the topic the question is was the car on brit cops anyones on here not a question about why they got stopped or fined

at least someone understood me
Old 20 December 2010, 03:44 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

at least someone understood me

I understand as well..

And no it wasn't me.