Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Tory party - truthsayers need not apply?

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2010, 08:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default The Tory party - truthsayers need not apply?

For the vast majority of people in the country today, they have never had it so good ever since this recession - this so-called recession - started…Most people with a mortgage who were paying a lot of money each month, suddenly started paying very little each month. That could make three, four, five, six hundred pounds a month difference, free of tax. That is why the retail sales have kept very good all the way through.
If you lose your job it doesn't matter if your mortgage is £1000 or £100 you've got no money. If your in a stable job and have a mortgage around 1%, the last 12 months have been pretty easy.

We're going to have a system where the middle classes are discouraged from breeding because it's jolly expensive, but for those on benefit there is every incentive
Being a worker, if you have a small 3 bed semi your probably have the space for a couple of kids assuming you have the household income to sustain the family. If you don't work and pop out 5 kids, you can't overcrowd and the council is obliged to find you suitable accomodation. The only mistake in the above quote is the "going to have" which should have "have had and probably will continue to have"

Is it me?
Old 26 November 2010, 09:19 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is my brief view.

I am public sector on xxk a year, if I went into the Private sector and secured a job, I would get xxxk a year est.

Very similar work, the former I do for my country, the latter I do for money. One is secured, the other is financially motivated.

I believe everything works itself out. I have mates in the building trade, they have made vast sums of money when times were good, not so good for them now, but as an average over 6 years, likely, they have more money in the bank.

Obviously, I don't believe council Exs should get paid more than the PM, that is stupid beyond belief.
Old 27 November 2010, 12:42 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
If you lose your job it doesn't matter if your mortgage is £1000 or £100 you've got no money. If your in a stable job and have a mortgage around 1%, the last 12 months have been pretty easy.

Being a worker, if you have a small 3 bed semi your probably have the space for a couple of kids assuming you have the household income to sustain the family. If you don't work and pop out 5 kids, you can't overcrowd and the council is obliged to find you suitable accomodation. The only mistake in the above quote is the "going to have" which should have "have had and probably will continue to have"

Is it me?
You will have been right royally done over if you are a saver though, interest rates are a double edged sword
Old 27 November 2010, 09:57 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
You will have been right royally done over if you are a saver though, interest rates are a double edged sword
Sort of. If your saving in the legalised criminals that are the banks then yes. For the slightly braver investment performance this year has been fantastic.
Old 27 November 2010, 10:30 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I have mates in the building trade, they have made vast sums of money when times were good, not so good for them now, but as an average over 6 years, likely, they have more money in the bank.
Me too, plus some clients. I found its very patchy, mainly builders that were on single "eggs-in-one-basket" contracts are the ones that suffered. The self-employed have it the worst as their management skills are often poor. Bigger contractors have also suffered as some have middle/upper managment that takes too many out the overheads (directors, employing the wife to file her nails and their Range-Rovers and Nissan Navarras tsk. tsk. ). One pair of self-employed builders I do know are damn good workers, but are absolutely useless at outside of a managed contract. Its not that they are lazy, its that they can't self-manage themselves and their work, as a consequence work has dried up and they're bankrupt. One contracting company I know are struggling because quite simply, they've been far to inefficient and overcharged so much in the past, but can't get away with it now; Subbies won't work for nothing, even if they are struggling (Time to sack the wife and get rid of the Rangie company car ).

Others seem to have been unaffected. Infact are more busy. Partly because they have business managment skills and partly they are not too reliant on sub-contracting for a single contractor. This is backed up when I walk the dog, it seems everyone in my locality is having some sort of renovation work on their property. To me it seems that alot of people held out on renovation work during the boom period (myself included) because it was just too expensive to get a builder, and it was such a pain finding one with an empty schedule. Its seems alot of people held off until now, which to me says the money is there, but people (working+low/mid class) have to work harder to get it nowadays.

I see it as survival of the fittest. Probably not the nicest things to say, but that is the way it is IMO.
Old 27 November 2010, 10:55 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

true statement above the shares i bought at 48pence are now 2.25.5 and the gold is almost double but not quite , may offload the shares to pay for xmas.
Old 27 November 2010, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott

Is it me?
I think what you say about those who tell it like it is is quite right.

Cameron is so wound up about his and the Conservative's image to the country and to overseas that he has not got the bottle to admit that what those two said is perfectly correct.

It is such a pity that he worships Billy Liar so much for his ability to con the public that he is desperately trying to do the same thing.

We need a leader with the strength of Maggie who supports this country and what we stand for.

Les
Old 27 November 2010, 03:20 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

It was ridiculous on the BBC news.

You get Cameron saying its nothing to do with us chum. You get the news reporter saying how terrible the statement about the middle classes not breeding was.

Not 10 minutes later they interview a bunch of ladies working in Tesco and one of the ladies basically says the same thing. She can't have endless kids because she can't afford them and a few door up the road there is a dozen kids and not one worker in the house.

It is actually an insult to our intelligence.
Old 29 November 2010, 12:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its a shame that the average politician believes that the electorate is not intelligent enough to understand about things that happen and that they personally are the only ones who are capable of acting on them.

Les
Old 29 November 2010, 03:21 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

We need a leader with the strength of Maggie who supports this country and what we stand for.

Les
Old 29 November 2010, 04:22 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
true statement above the shares i bought at 48pence are now 2.25.5 and the gold is almost double but not quite , may offload the shares to pay for xmas.
So you've 'invested' in gold and shares but you haven't the cash to buy a turkey (or duck) and some Christmas quackers? I don't know anyone, anywhere, that will sell shares to 'pay for Christmas'! I think you're BSing! What shares are they and when did you buy them and the gold and how much did you buy?
Old 29 November 2010, 06:05 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Yay. three cheers for maggot thatcher and her destruction of UK industry.
Old 29 November 2010, 06:20 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
Yay. three cheers for maggot thatcher and her destruction of UK industry.
Move with the times will you