Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NUFC v Fulham................What a waste of money!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2002, 01:57 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Mainly for DazV this but....

Sorry to hear you were at the game, you must have felt like you were wasting precious moments of your life. I thought the game was on Sky last night, but turned out to be on Premiership Plus for the princely sum of £14 I'd been looking forward to seeing my beloved heros all day so coughed up..............DOH. How gutted was I? I've never begrudged shelling out for NUFC but I feel cheated out of my money on this one.

1* It was like a return to the bad old days of Gullit and Dalgleish teams. A total inablilty to string more than one pass together, sloppy didn't come close to describing how bad they played. Constantly choosing the wrong option, which was never going to be too clever considering they couldn't even execute the right options[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Although we got a point and their goal only went in off Sahas **** whilst he attended his perm it was easily one of the most apologetic performances for a long time. Despite that if bl**dy Cort had the sense to occasionally wonder if he might be onside or not he could have had a hatrick....(of shots at least!)

2* Fulham? Mmm too scared to shoot, they should have killed us!

3* As they cant guarantee the quality of football, i'd expect a certain standard of service from Sky for my extra £14.
Pah.....no chance. No Andy Gray, no Keys no Tyler, you get Alan (thats their 62nd league goal) Parry and Brian 'Chuffing' Marwood, coupled with some ponce in the studio. The presentation was poor, worse still you dont even get Interactive.

First and Only time I do that, I'll be in the pub next time![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09 April 2002, 05:34 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Got to agree - we (NUFC) stunk last night. The whole team had an off day. Credit to Fulham, who actually created MORE chances than us, but we were just terrible.

Sad to say it, but I can't see Robbie Elliott staying in the team with performances like that.

Laurent Robert ? Don't get me started!! Don't know if its his arrogant gallic temprament or what but he just seems disinterested.

Carl Cort ? To be fair we STILL need to give him time, but thats rapidly running out for someone who looked really really poor.

At this rate we'll be lucky to qualify for the EUFA Cup.

-DV
Old 09 April 2002, 07:02 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Look on the bright side, we would have lost 4-1 if Warren Barton was still playing!!!
Old 09 April 2002, 10:33 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Rich , are you a 'Toony' too?

Robert cracked me up. He slagged the whole team off after the Villa game for not trying and not passing to him, and then follows it up with last nights pathetic attempt![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
The guy has bags and bags of talent, if he could find the application to go with it he would be a world star!!

Agree on Elliott, shame cos I used to play with him in my younger ears
Old 09 April 2002, 11:40 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Good workmanlike performance by my boys
We deserved the 3 points like the ones we got on the 17th November
At last we have played better than the last few weeks
a few more performances like that & we might stay up !

Shame we get no credit again for stopping you playing
And i agree if we had some with and/or could shoot we would be on the top half

oh well lets hope we beat the Scum on Sunday & get to the final
Old 10 April 2002, 12:11 AM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Believe me Fulham71, you DIDN'T stop us from playing, we were giving possession away constantly with some really woeful passing - even Leicester would've gave us trouble last night!

We're not 4th in the Premiership table for nothing - but lately we've been playing some real bad stuff.

Still, hope Fulham manage to avoid relegation - always nice to see a team try and play the game the way it was intended.

-DV