Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How useless is F1 nowadays???

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2010, 02:36 PM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How useless is F1 nowadays???

Well left severly dissapointed by the 'climax' to the season, championship decided by where they exited the pits!

Only saw 1 overtaking manouver and that was webber being let past by another Red Bull car....absolutely s**te, shouldnt even be called a race.....
Old 14 November 2010, 02:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its been stratagy for years an years !
Old 14 November 2010, 02:56 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tom 46
Well left severly dissapointed by the 'climax' to the season, championship decided by where they exited the pits!

Only saw 1 overtaking manouver and that was webber being let past by another Red Bull car....absolutely s**te, shouldnt even be called a race.....
Who cares (apart from me lol) bonus of the day that w4nk stain Alonso didnt win it..........

It's a pretty cr4p and boring track though with little places to overtake
Old 14 November 2010, 02:58 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Anyone notice the champagne was camel ****..
Old 14 November 2010, 02:59 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

enthusiastic praise from schumacher lord god almighty

Last edited by dpb; 14 November 2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 14 November 2010, 03:01 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Fair play to Seb, job done...

Alonso on the other hand, quit moaning on the warm down lap!!!!!
Old 14 November 2010, 03:02 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Only the finest camel **** though

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Anyone notice the champagne was camel ****..
Old 14 November 2010, 03:09 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Who cares (apart from me lol) bonus of the day that w4nk stain Alonso didnt win it..........
+1
Old 14 November 2010, 03:19 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

I'm staggered that they have built that amazing facility with such a poor track. No fun what so ever for a fan to watch.

Chop
Old 14 November 2010, 03:32 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I dont care who overtook who, whether it was a good race or not. He who whines because people dont let him win DIDN'T win. All else is secondary.
Old 14 November 2010, 03:32 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Statistics show that 3 out of 5 F1 viewers die of over excitment whilst watching BTCC on ITV.
Old 14 November 2010, 03:33 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

It's a truly dreadful track.

Great news about Alonso though
Old 14 November 2010, 03:48 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Statistics show that 3 out of 5 F1 viewers die of over excitment whilst watching BTCC on ITV.
BTCC is where it's at for proper racing fans.

MotoGP for true exitement.

Still watch the GP though, always have.
Old 14 November 2010, 03:50 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Touring cars is good but Moto GP is quickly becoming crap. They need to double the amount of bikes on the circuit!
Old 14 November 2010, 03:53 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Sulking Alonso made my day
Old 14 November 2010, 04:07 PM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
Touring cars is good but Moto GP is quickly becoming crap. They need to double the amount of bikes on the circuit!
Definatly agree, but thats what Moto 2 is for! But with Rossi on the Ducati next year, Casey on the Honda it will definatly liven it up ....and hopefully the championship wont be won due to all other competitors being injured lmao!!

I think its getting to the point now that im watching F1 just because its F1, not because its exciting....
Old 14 November 2010, 04:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think a post like that shows how little you understand about that style of racing. It is a competition between cars built to the highest of standards of performance and handling. That very fact is why it is so difficult to overtake, the drivers are of a very high ability and the problems associated with all that as well the aerodynamic reasons make overtaking a difficult and risky business.

That is why the teams' strategy is so important and the whole business is a team effort including the driver, his own mechanic, those who run the team and those working in the background.

The make up and style of car and its handlng as well as the particular circuit and weather conditions dictate how a team has to run its cars.

There are far fewer accidents these days which to my mind is a good thing. We lost too many people in the earlier days of F1 and crashes should not be a requirement of the Sport anyway. If you want to see that you can always go to a stock car race or even watch the touring cars!

All tracks have their own design parameters and that means of course that some have more overtaking possibilities than others. it also means that the teams have to work out the required strategy. That is all part of the basic interest of modern F1.

The best advice of course is that if that does not suit you, then the answer is pretty well self evident.

I thought that today's race was fascinating to watch, there were many possible ways it could have gone, and I found it to be a very enjoyable spectacle. Roll on F1 2011 I say!

Les
Old 14 November 2010, 04:12 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Was a cracking day. A bit of a shame that Webber did not win it, as this was probably his last best chance Still, Vettel was a very worthy winner, all topped off with the wining Spaniard. Perfect end to the season
Old 14 November 2010, 04:13 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

I've just hacked into Fernando Alonso's Amazon account & turned off his gift wrapping service.

Now go win some races yourself you Spanish ****!
Old 14 November 2010, 04:19 PM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I think a post like that shows how little you understand about that style of racing. It is a competition between cars built to the highest of standards of performance and handling. That very fact is why it is so difficult to overtake, the drivers are of a very high ability and the problems associated with all that as well the aerodynamic reasons make overtaking a difficult and risky business.

That is why the teams' strategy is so important and the whole business is a team effort including the driver, his own mechanic, those who run the team and those working in the background.

The make up and style of car and its handlng as well as the particular circuit and weather conditions dictate how a team has to run its cars.

There are far fewer accidents these days which to my mind is a good thing. We lost too many people in the earlier days of F1 and crashes should not be a requirement of the Sport anyway. If you want to see that you can always go to a stock car race or even watch the touring cars!

All tracks have their own design parameters and that means of course that some have more overtaking possibilities than others. it also means that the teams have to work out the required strategy. That is all part of the basic interest of modern F1.

The best advice of course is that if that does not suit you, then the answer is pretty well self evident.

I thought that today's race was fascinating to watch, there were many possible ways it could have gone, and I found it to be a very enjoyable spectacle. Roll on F1 2011 I say!

Les
I understand perfectly, but it dosnt change the fact that it was a very poor spectacle to watch.

I do quite a bit of karting and the same thing sometimes happens, you can go the whole race with no overtaking because everyone is so even.

In my opinion the race, and championship should be won on the track by actually racing each other wheel to wheel to decide who is the best driver. However modern F1 means that in most races it dosnt matter who is behind the wheel as long as the team pit him at the right time and he dosnt get stuck behind a slower car. Its too much focused on stratergy and not about actual racing....like the good ole days
Old 14 November 2010, 04:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Great post Les, but would add that there are 5 or 6 tracks that don't suit modern F1 cars. Valencia, Barcelona, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Monaco and Hiungary.

Agree totally that passing should be hard, but not impossible.
Old 14 November 2010, 04:31 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

I was thoroughly enjoying the race today!

Might have been different had it not been such a grand final, but either way, great end to a great championship.

Was indeed a shame Webber didn't win, but Vettel was a worthy winner.

Suck it up Alonso!!!
Old 14 November 2010, 04:32 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I was thinking the same. Great facilities, poorly designed track.

The finale needs to be at a track where you can overtake....and Brazil seemed ideal for that.

5 World champions racing next year.
Old 14 November 2010, 04:39 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little more grease on that pit exit tunnel and it would be more fun!
Old 14 November 2010, 04:56 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Racing should just be that, Racing, not follow my leader after the first corner. The most entertaining motorsport are races where overtaking, panel/fairing bashing takes place.

That is why touring car racing and motorcycle racing is so popular because you have overtaking, close races and an element of uncertainty as to the end result.

Formula one would be more interesting if they had one tyre for the whole race. This tyre could theoretically finish the race if cared for. This would make racing exciting as some driver wouldn't be able to manage their tyres, so losing performance towards the end of the race. I'm not bothered about pitstops, racing is for the circuit, not the pits.

Andy
Old 14 November 2010, 05:01 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

It's been a great F1 season, but to be fair that race was never going to be that exciting in terms of on-track action because of the circuit.

Most of the exciting races are weather affected, or on tracks which just have loads of chances to overtake like Spa and Brazil. Unfortunately most of the newer Tilk-designed tracks seem to result in a dull precession of cars.

KERS is back next year which will certainly help, and they're also introducing measures to redcuce aero-dependency.

But overall a cracking season, and I've really enjoyed it - plus well done to Vettel and the Red Bull team - can't say they didn't deserve it!

Last edited by Petem95; 14 November 2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 14 November 2010, 05:08 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Definatly agree, but thats what Moto 2 is for! But with Rossi on the Ducati next year, Casey on the Honda it will definatly liven it up ....and hopefully the championship wont be won due to all other competitors being injured lmao!!

I think its getting to the point now that im watching F1 just because its F1, not because its exciting....
Moto 2 best racing all year.Next year two brits in it .
Old 14 November 2010, 05:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Great post Les, but would add that there are 5 or 6 tracks that don't suit modern F1 cars. Valencia, Barcelona, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Monaco and Hiungary.

Agree totally that passing should be hard, but not impossible.
Yes I do agree with what you say. Maybe that track designer should be asked to design his tracks with that in mind. Maybe the present stage of F1 design should be kept more in mind when building tracks.

Les
Old 14 November 2010, 05:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I understand perfectly, but it dosnt change the fact that it was a very poor spectacle to watch.

I do quite a bit of karting and the same thing sometimes happens, you can go the whole race with no overtaking because everyone is so even.

In my opinion the race, and championship should be won on the track by actually racing each other wheel to wheel to decide who is the best driver. However modern F1 means that in most races it dosnt matter who is behind the wheel as long as the team pit him at the right time and he dosnt get stuck behind a slower car. Its too much focused on stratergy and not about actual racing....like the good ole days
I understand what you are saying and agree in many ways. I think we would all like to see more wheel to wheel stuff as in the old days. These days they have to protect their wings and tyres so much that they can't push their luck. As you say it is a bit difficult when the competition is so even now. I have done some racing too, and it is hard when cars are evenly matched.

I thought you were being a bit hard on F1 in your first post.

Les
Old 14 November 2010, 06:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478

Now go win some races yourself you Spanish ****!
Thank you for such an intelligent contribution to this thread.

Chip

Quick Reply: How useless is F1 nowadays???