10 year old girl gives birth!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2010, 08:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 10 year old girl gives birth!! WTF

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11684854

A 10-year-old girl from Romania has given birth in southern Spain, officials in the region have said.

The girl gave birth to a daughter last week in the city of Jerez de la Frontera, said Andalucia's social affairs minister Micaela Navarro.

Officials are deciding whether the mother and her family can keep custody, Ms Navarro said.

The father of the baby is also believed to be a minor, aged 13, who is still in Romania, Spanish media have said.

"What we have to ensure is that both the mother, who in this case is a minor as well, and the baby are absolutely taken care of," said Ms Navarro.
Old 03 November 2010, 08:45 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Read this in Metro this morning ... apparently it's the done thing out there

TX.
Old 03 November 2010, 08:46 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Makes me beyond angry!
Old 03 November 2010, 08:59 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is pretty nuts, it even makes the West Belfast lot seem pretty average in comparison.
Old 03 November 2010, 09:11 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Don't tell me - they named the baby Mohammed
Old 03 November 2010, 09:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by cster
Don't tell me - they named the baby Mohammed
Unlikely - another quality Romanian Roma family with their high family values!

Disgusting and wrong!

I thank dog that we do not have to allow people like these Roma scumbags into the UK...

Last edited by The Zohan; 03 November 2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03 November 2010, 09:58 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I suppose it's just an example of how other countries or cultures are totally different with regard to this type of thing and what is considered 'normal'.

Mother nature makes females fertile at any age between 9 and 19 years of age with many factors effecting the age at which it happens.

Many cultures beleive that as soon as a female is physically ready to carry a baby, then there should be no reason not to.

Personally I would have not been ready to become a mother at the age of 10, despite mother nature making it possible.
Old 04 November 2010, 10:59 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ten years old is too young in any society or culture but I do think that we have a strange way of doing things over here, I personally have distaste for the way the papers will class someone who has sex with a fifteen and a half year old girl as a paedophile and vilify them (usually quite rightly) and then the minute they are sixteen they are wanting them to pose topless or trying to get a picture of their gusset when getting out of a car.

I suppose in some society's it works for girls to have babies younger as after all they are physically capable and the culture and family supports this, over here I think really its too much to deal with, it depends on life expectancy as well, not so much of a rush if you are able to have babies until 40 plus, but if you generally only live until 40 or so, better get on with it.
Old 04 November 2010, 11:16 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Ten years old is too young in any society or culture but I do think that we have a strange way of doing things over here, I personally have distaste for the way the papers will class someone who has sex with a fifteen and a half year old girl as a paedophile and vilify them (usually quite rightly) and then the minute they are sixteen they are wanting them to pose topless or trying to get a picture of their gusset when getting out of a car.

I suppose in some society's it works for girls to have babies younger as after all they are physically capable and the culture and family supports this, over here I think really its too much to deal with, it depends on life expectancy as well, not so much of a rush if you are able to have babies until 40 plus, but if you generally only live until 40 or so, better get on with it.
Interesting post. I agree that our society is an odd one. The issue of how differently a 15 year old is treated compared to a 16 year old.

Everything in our society carrys a label or a stigma. It's a shame really but it's a sign of the times changing.
Old 04 November 2010, 11:36 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Actually, the younger the mum, the more risky getting pregnant and giving birth are. At 10, even though she is physically capable, i.e. having periods, the body is not really ready to carry a child and this could lead to low birth weights and may have medical consequences for the baby. You imagine your daughter at 10 (if you have one, or a relatives), does their body seem large enough to accommodate a baby? I know mine certainly doesn't, and don't even mention the mentality of a 10-year-old!
Old 04 November 2010, 11:48 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Actually, the younger the mum, the more risky getting pregnant and giving birth are. At 10, even though she is physically capable, i.e. having periods, the body is not really ready to carry a child and this could lead to low birth weights and may have medical consequences for the baby. You imagine your daughter at 10 (if you have one, or a relatives), does their body seem large enough to accommodate a baby? I know mine certainly doesn't, and don't even mention the mentality of a 10-year-old!
I don't know many 10 year old girls, but I know that when I was 10 I was having periods, but my body would have not been capable of carrying a baby. I suppose what mother nature allows and what is physically possible are totally different.

I wonder how on earth that girl will cope, emotionally, physically and socially. It is going to be very hard for her. But that is me thinking of a 10 year old in our society.

BUT in my experience of Spain recently, children are considered almost like babies until 4/5 years of age. It was lovely having my children regarded is so infantile and innocent. It was quite refreshing that there was no need for them to grow up. So I can imagine that this 10 year old Romanian girl giving birth is far from the norm within Spanish society, and in fact possibly more shocking than it seems for us.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 04 November 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04 November 2010, 11:53 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Well, Spain is a Catholic country too, so sex before marriage is out straight away, lol.

However, our culture says that it's wrong to have sex before the age of 16, though lots of other countries have it earlier, and let's face it, many teens ignore that anyway. Surely the culture of the immigrants must still meet the laws of the country they are living in, hence why we do not recognise marriages for under 16s in the UK, even though in some countries, this is the norm. Therefore, the laws of Spain should be the key and not the culture of the Roma people. I hope the parents who let this happen get prosecuted for child abuse.
Old 04 November 2010, 12:00 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Well, Spain is a Catholic country too, so sex before marriage is out straight away, lol.

However, our culture says that it's wrong to have sex before the age of 16, though lots of other countries have it earlier, and let's face it, many teens ignore that anyway. Surely the culture of the immigrants must still meet the laws of the country they are living in, hence why we do not recognise marriages for under 16s in the UK, even though in some countries, this is the norm. Therefore, the laws of Spain should be the key and not the culture of the Roma people. I hope the parents who let this happen get prosecuted for child abuse.
I agree, the parents need to be investigated as it is a form of child abuse. They should not be allowed to ignore Spanish law, especially under such extreme circumstances. I do feel that people should be allowed to stay true to their cultures, but only if that doesn't compromise any laws in order to do it. This example however just isn't right.
Old 04 November 2010, 12:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The normal way of thinking used to be that sex before marriage in this country was wrong. That has gone by the board of course but the present official attitude that young girls can go and get birth control pills without the knowledge of their parents even is an admission of failure by the authorities.

Children would be better off if they were taught that sex at such a young age is not a good idea and if the girl does become pregnant at that sort of age, it is going to affect her life badly. Quite reasonable to expect that parents would teach that to their children really. Not too outlandish to expect very young girls to also become pregnant in this country too in the future.

Yet another indication of the serious moral decay in this country. Standards in general are dropping through the floor.

Les
Old 04 November 2010, 12:12 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

There are plenty of reasons that a teenager gets pregnant in this country and not all of it is because they get a flat, though the opportunity to get away from thei parents/mum and abusive step-dad/etc. does make it an attractive proposition. Some youngsters feel they are worthless, so being a mum and to have a baby who loves you unconditionally, is better than being a nothing.
Old 04 November 2010, 12:44 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
The normal way of thinking used to be that sex before marriage in this country was wrong. That has gone by the board of course but the present official attitude that young girls can go and get birth control pills without the knowledge of their parents even is an admission of failure by the authorities.

Children would be better off if they were taught that sex at such a young age is not a good idea and if the girl does become pregnant at that sort of age, it is going to affect her life badly. Quite reasonable to expect that parents would teach that to their children really. Not too outlandish to expect very young girls to also become pregnant in this country too in the future.

Yet another indication of the serious moral decay in this country. Standards in general are dropping through the floor.

Les

I think having a good sex and relationship education would be the best start for the uk.

It's not all sex = bad or sex = getting pregnant.

We need to teach children more about respect for our bodies and other peoples, understanding our emotions and how to be safe when having sex.

Telling chdren and teenagers not to have sex because it results in x,y or z simply isn't good enough anymore.
Old 04 November 2010, 01:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
I think having a good sex and relationship education would be the best start for the uk.

We need to teach children more about respect for our bodies and other peoples, understanding our emotions and how to be safe when having sex.

Telling chdren and teenagers not to have sex because it results in x,y or z simply isn't good enough anymore.
+1
Old 04 November 2010, 03:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I thought I inferred most of that in my post anyway.

I certainly agree in the style of education you suggest and I did say that was down to the parents in the first place. They should be responsible for their children's welfare after all.

Do you think it is a good thing that children should be having a sexual relationship from a very young age? Would you encourage your child to do that? How would you feel if your daughter in her early teens became pregnant and that you had done nothing to dissuade her having sex at such an age? If you don't think that would be very good, what would you say to your child to try to stop that happening? I imagine you must think it is your responsibility as a parent.

Don't you accept that your child should be brought up to avoid that sort of situation and that therefore you have to ensure that the child understands the possible consequences?

Do you think it is right that birth control should be provided for children without their parents even being allowed to know and thus encouraging sexual encounters before they are old enough to cope with the possible consequences.

Should we throw all reference to moral behaviour out of the window?

I am asking those questions not in the way of criticism, I am just interested in the actual answers if anything to get a slant on modern thinking in this respect.

Les
Old 04 November 2010, 03:11 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

Disgusting and wrong!

I thank dog that we do not have to allow people like these Roma scumbags into the UK...

Romania are members of the EU so give it time.
Old 04 November 2010, 03:12 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

Disgusting and wrong!

Yep - keep these people out of the UK.

Is dog a new figure to worship then Paul?
What sort of dog and whats its name - ****** the labrador?
Old 04 November 2010, 04:44 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I will get back to you on this as it's a subject I feel very strongly, but I am on my phone and I am struggling to answer all the questions.

I certainly agree in the style of education you suggest and I did say that was down to the parents in the first place. They should be responsible for their children's welfare after all.

Do you think it is a good thing that children should be having a sexual relationship from a very young age? Would you encourage your child to do that? How would you feel if your daughter in her early teens became pregnant and that you had done nothing to dissuade her having sex at such an age? If you don't think that would be very good, what would you say to your child to try to stop that happening? I imagine you must think it is your responsibility as a parent.

Don't you accept that your child should be brought up to avoid that sort of situation and that therefore you have to ensure that the child understands the possible consequences?

Do you think it is right that birth control should be provided for children without their parents even being allowed to know and thus encouraging sexual encounters before they are old enough to cope with the possible consequences.

I am asking those questions not in the way of criticism, I am just interested in the actual answers if anything to get a slant on modern thinking in this respect.

Les
Old 04 November 2010, 05:33 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Parents at age 10 and 13. It's like something out of a Martina Cole novel
Old 04 November 2010, 09:58 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Les
Hi, just got back home so I thought I would get back to you.

I don't think it is a good thing that children are having sex at this age. Also I would never encourage a child to engage in any sexual behaviour.

Hypothetically if I had done nothing to dissuade my daughter to have sex in her early teens, resulting in pregnancy, then I probably wouldn't be bothered. Having done nothing about it in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.

BUT I am not the type of person to do nothing. I talk about sex now with my children. They understand sex in the simple ways that I feel appropriate, and when they get older I will have no issue answering all their questions, and educating them about sex how I see best.

Hopefully that will be enough to help both of them behave in an adult fashion and not go putting it about all over the place unprotected.

As for trying to stop teenagers having sex, there isn't really much you can do as a parent to physically stop them. You cannot lock them up. Yes it is the parents responsibility to teach their children how to understand that sex under the age of 16 is illegal, as well as it is a parents responsibility to teach them about relationships, and how to respect theirs and other peoples body's.

It isn't as simple as telling them not to do it, as we all know that is like waving a red rag at a bull. The more you make something out of reach, the more they want it.
Whats needed is for schools and parents to realize that being more open, honest and factual about sex is what is needed. It needs to be less of a taboo, and more like normal and natural behaviour that is shared between two people that care about each other. Not just a quick fumble where you make sure you wear a johnny so you don't get the clap off a stranger.

With regards to the birth control pill, I am not sure where I stand on this. Personally I wasn't taking it until I was 18, and I didn't need too, because I wasn't having sex. This was despite it being recommended by my gp!
I do think that by allowing underage girls to have the pill without parental consent is in some ways condoning sex, but as far as a gp is concerned they have a job to do, and if they know these girls will be having sex, they have a duty to protect them. The problem there is that the gp isn't around to make sure these girls take the pill when they should, so I do feel in theory this could be doing more harm than good.

But again, nobody can stop this, unless sex is made easier to discuss.

It is terrible for me to think that at an age I was playing kiss chase and off ground tick with boys, that some girls and boys are having sex, but it's happening.

There needs to be a big change, but saying, don't do it it's wrong or immoral simply won't work.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 04 November 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05 November 2010, 02:15 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

BUT I am not the type of person to do nothing. I talk about sex now with my children. They understand sex in the simple ways that I feel appropriate, and when they get older I will have no issue answering all their questions, and educating them about sex how I see best.
What age are they (apols as I don't know)?

My son is 9 & I certainly won't be discussing it for some time ie 18 at least

Whats needed is for schools and parents to realize that being more open, honest and factual about sex is what is needed. It needs to be less of a taboo, and more like normal and natural behaviour that is shared between two people that care about each other. Not just a quick fumble where you make sure you wear a johnny so you don't get the clap off a stranger.
I'm not so sure about this point. Depends on their age IMHO which of course is a subjective thing. I remember seeing "it" in a science class at school with animals in the jungle etc. Was about 11 or 12 at the time.

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 05 November 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05 November 2010, 02:59 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X

I'm not so sure about this point. Depends on their age IMHO which of course is a subjective thing. I remember seeing "it" in a science class at school with animals in the jungle etc. Was about 11 or 12 at the time.

TX.

The mother is 10 the father is 13.

It's up to the parents when they see fit to teach their child about the birds and the bees, but in my opinion waiting until they are old enough to be doing it is too late.
I think it needs to be common practice from a young age.

I see it in the news about patents being outraged because their 7 year old
has been having a sex/relationship lesson at school. I find it all very daft that parents ate still living in the dark ages when it comes to sex.

Children are curious about sex from a young age, and not in a 'what's bonking?' type of way, but more like 'where do babies come from?' or 'why have I got hair on/by my *****?'.

It is a natural curiosity, and children shouldn't be made to feel that wanting to know these things is dirty.

Commercially and in all aspects of the media and throughout our society sex is shown as dirty, raunchy or sinful.

IT'S NOT! It's normal.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 05 November 2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05 November 2010, 05:18 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X

TX.

Agreed but "them times they are a changing!"

When i was a lad we did not have computers/internet and 200+ channels of tv just 3 and then (channel)4 of 'em.

Kids can look at and find out about pretty much anything by 'googling' One issue is some parents just do not care what their kids do and this seems to be on the increase. There seems little or no stigma attached to teen pregnancies. Programmes like easterners and the rubbish soaps seem to promote and encourage bad behaviour as do a lot of the Big Brother type shows.

Still a lot of this is down to the parents and the moral framework they give their kids - if any at all.

I am not going to reminisce about the past being better but frankly it was in many ways. I left school in '81 and out of a school of 400+ kids only one (16 y/o) girl was pregnant at that time. I wonder how many schools can boast that rate or lower now. It's not like we hadn't the same urges back then but kids seem more aware and some parents do not seem to care what they get up to or with who and when...
Old 05 November 2010, 05:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude
Romania are members of the EU so give it time.
I know, i was being sarcastic

Quick Reply: 10 year old girl gives birth!! WTF