Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How VERY Rude.

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2010, 07:47 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How VERY Rude.

I drove to the railway station this evening to give my good lady wife a lift home and decided to nip into the station to buy a few bits and pieces from the newsagents shop. I walked back to the car and as I passed through the exit I held the door open for the "Lady" behind me.

Now, I didn't expect her to get all giggly and blush and bat her eyelids at me but to scowl at me - walk thru the exit without so much as a bye your leave struck me as plain rude.

I gave her a couple of seconds (which is PLENTY of time IMHO) to rectify the balance annnnnnnnnnnnd - Nowt.

I just said "You're Welcome" and she totally ignored me!

I took some solice in the fact that she was about 5ft 2 tall and was 14 stone if she was an ounce. Face like a slapped ****. Wearing the typical clothing of ALL fat b1tches the world over. Black trousers (cos black is slimming ) and flowery pink top

She can shuffle her carcass thru unaided next time.

Last edited by jods; 14 October 2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: pink not pick
Old 14 October 2010, 07:50 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Whenever this happens to me (and it does way too often) I always say loud enough to hear: "Don't MENTION it!"

If they look back I will hold eye contact and either get a grudging acknowledgement or a scowl. Either way: moral high ground is mine
Old 14 October 2010, 07:51 PM
Tail Slider
BANNED

I would of pimp slapped the biatch!
Old 14 October 2010, 07:53 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Whenever this happens to me (and it does way too often) I always say loud enough to hear: "Don't MENTION it!"

If they look back I will hold eye contact and either get a grudging acknowledgement or a scowl. Either way: moral high ground is mine
there all keeping you busy tonight lol
Old 14 October 2010, 08:10 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I can remember my brother holding a shop door open for a 'lady' once.

Woman - 'you don't have to hold the door for me because I'm a lady'...
Brother - 'I didn't hold it because you're a lady. I did it because I'm a gentleman'...

Classic look on her face!
Old 14 October 2010, 08:16 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
I can remember my brother holding a shop door open for a 'lady' once.

Woman - 'you don't have to hold the door for me because I'm a lady'...
Brother - 'I didn't hold it because you're a lady. I did it because I'm a gentleman'...

Classic look on her face!
Class

I shall try and remember that one
Old 14 October 2010, 08:17 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately some people have not been brought up with manners and so do not have a clue.......I must admit, if I see them again then I just let the door go..........wrong approach perhaps but I am not going to hold open a door twice for an ignorant *******........
Old 14 October 2010, 08:22 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jods
I took some solice in the fact that she was about 5ft 2 tall and was 14 stone if she was an ounce. Face like a slapped ****. Wearing the typical clothing of ALL fat b1tches the world over. Black trousers (cos black is slimming ) and flowery pink top

fat people - lazy, and now rude too
Old 14 October 2010, 08:23 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Face like a slapped ****.
You could of slapped her round the ****, or face, or both!
Old 14 October 2010, 09:25 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It's just plain ignorance. Must be the norm these days, as when I smile and say thank you to some Gent who has the grace to open a shop door for me, they usually look flabberghasted.
I also think it's downright rude, when you flash someone in, when traffic is busy and they can't be ar$ed to wave a thank you. It's not hard
Old 14 October 2010, 09:31 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

It always makes me laugh when you decide to be nice and hold the door open for the next person behind you to walk thru then suddenly more people walk thru and not one person makes a reach for the door so at this point I usually just let go and walk off if the door hits someone who cares as I'm not a doorman
Old 14 October 2010, 09:33 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee247
I also think it's downright rude, when you flash someone, when traffic is busy and they can't be ar$ed to wave a thank you. It's not hard

You show your chest to let them in and they don't even say thanks
Old 14 October 2010, 09:34 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by stevebt
You show your chest to let them in and they don't even say thanks
Shaddap,
Old 14 October 2010, 09:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I held the door for some ultra feminist once and she just stood there and told me she was perfectly able to open the door herself
Old 14 October 2010, 11:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I had it in a petrol station once, had my yellow work reflective on so the guy probably thought I worked there. I said 'it's alright mate, I'm here all day, don't worry about it!' He didn't know what to do with himself and just scuttled off like a ****!

I got mistaken for a B&Q employee recently too...

Old Biddy Woman: Do you sell plastic bins?
Me: No, I don't.

Old 14 October 2010, 11:39 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns

Same here, although I say "You're Welcome".

Working in a shop, this is a major problem if you like. I'd sadly say the vast majority of people can't be arsed/don't think they should say thanks even though they have asked for help and have been given it.

Maybe I'm overly polite, but to me, saying thank you isn't difficult and should be a natural response. Too many people are just plain rude and it isn't an age thing either by a long stretch.
Old 14 October 2010, 11:44 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

When out with the dog, we make a point of getting her to sit if there is a pushchair, wheelchair, young toddlers coming towards us.. and I think I can count on one hand how many times we have been thanked for standing there whilst the parents with the pushchairs etc walk past.. wheelchair users, and OAP's always smile and say thanks, and what a good dog we have.

To those who dont say anything, 'thanks would have been nice' or ' isn't it funny how a dog has better manners than you..' normally works

Last edited by little-ginge; 14 October 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 14 October 2010, 11:48 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by BOB.T
I had it in a petrol station once, had my yellow work reflective on so the guy probably thought I worked there. I said 'it's alright mate, I'm here all day, don't worry about it!' He didn't know what to do with himself and just scuttled off like a ****!

Old Biddy Woman: Do you sell plastic bins?
Me: No, I don't.

Similar thing happened to me not too long ago. Was shopping in Tesco and got stopped by an old bloke asking me where something was. I didn't know so told him that, only to get a load of mouth saying (cutting this short) "well you ****ing should, you work here" to which I replied I don't, only to get "you ****ing do". This could've gone on some time and it's not worth the hassle so my parting shot was just another polite "I don't" before walking away.

Granted I work in a fairly small town with not very many shops, but I wasn't wearing anything like their uniform and whether I worked there or not, there is just no need for talking to someone like that. That type of attitude is not uncommon.
Old 14 October 2010, 11:52 PM
ODWOC
BANNED

I drove to the railway station this evening to give my good lady wife a lift home and decided to nip into the station to buy a few bits and pieces from the newsagents shop. I walked back to the car and as I passed through the exit I held the door open for the "Lady" behind me.

Now, I didn't expect her to get all giggly and blush and bat her eyelids at me but to scowl at me - walk thru the exit without so much as a bye your leave struck me as plain rude.

I gave her a couple of seconds (which is PLENTY of time IMHO) to rectify the balance annnnnnnnnnnnd - Nowt.

Get over it... seriously, it doesn't matter... sorting out your wayward pseudo offspring should be top of your agenda
Old 15 October 2010, 05:09 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

She may well have decided you were trying to get into her knickers
Old 15 October 2010, 05:20 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ODWOC
Get over it... seriously, it doesn't matter... sorting out your wayward pseudo offspring should be top of your agenda
are you talking to yourself again
Old 15 October 2010, 08:10 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

This is one of my pet hates.

It is nearly as bad as the "customers" i have served who pull up in a car, wind the window down, shove the money in your hand with no reply whatsoever to the "hiya" you have just given them, and they expect you to count the money in your hand to work out what the hell they actually want

Bunch of ****s.

Speaking of being mistaken for employees of another shop, i was at Quick Fitt last week having the MOT done on the car, i was underneath the car with my mate (who is the branch manager) and this nice old woman thought i was the manager, and he was my skivvy
Old 15 October 2010, 08:21 AM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Think i'd have just followed her for several hundred feet making crashing thunderous noises with every footstep she took. Destroy her confidence for a week. Win.

I've actually reached into my pockets before, grabbed whatever 1/2p coin i can find and offered it to people suggesting they go buy some manners.

Even though we all know they're free...
Old 15 October 2010, 08:34 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

You miserable bunch of gits, have you got nothing better to complain about?

Honestly, who cares if they say thanks or not? I always hold the door open to people, and I say thanks if someone does it to me etc, but if someone doesn't say thanks then is it worth getting all stressed about it?

Making rude comments (that's what they are even if you think they're "funny") makes you as bad as them, IMO.

Instead, relax!
Old 15 October 2010, 10:14 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I

I find it's the norm in this country and has been for a long time now.

As you I just give them a sarky you're welcome

You feel like dragging them back into the shop throwing them on the floor and telling them to get it themselves, ungrateful mannerless w@nkers
Old 15 October 2010, 11:22 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T

I got mistaken for a NASA employee.
Went to the space centre place whilst on holiday in Florida, it got chilly (I was just in t-shirt and shorts) so bought a sweatshirt in the gift-shop and promptly put it on and went back to look at the exhibits.
Cue several people coming up to me and asking where the restrooms were, which exit for the coach park, where could they find....
Each time I shrugged my shoulders and said dunno. Eventually it clicked that "NASA" across my chest was a bit misleading, they must have all thought I was the rudest employee in America

I don't get the feminist thing about not having men hold doors open for you, it's just manners whatever the sex.
Old 15 October 2010, 11:30 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Should have slammed the door on her ****
Old 15 October 2010, 11:50 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
When out with the dog, we make a point of getting her to sit if there is a pushchair, wheelchair, young toddlers coming towards us..
That's really thoughtful
Old 15 October 2010, 11:59 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I do aim to be polite in shops, I say please and Thankyou but sometimes its all you can do to get a grunt from the monsylabic emo kid behind the till. I reckon you get more from life when you are polite and engage people, a bit of a laugh, a pleasant word can make someones day, it does mine, I am not too self contained and cold to not respond to someone being pleasant but I get the impression a lot of people would rather not, I think its shyness as much as ambivalance.

I think it gets easier as you get older as you arent as awkward or self concious.

No excuse for being rude, I see it all the time, Audi Q7 in Trex white the other night kind of assumed I would move over due to the size and speed, and the fact she had a mobile clamped to her ear, I did but no acknowledgement was forthcoming, does she realise what an ignorant cow shee looked, does she care, how do you get to that point of beign such a self righteous, self absorbed ***** that someone can spot it in the 15 seconds it took for you to hove into view and agressively blast through ?

Quick Reply: How VERY Rude.