Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The biggest mortgage swindle ever/sell the dollar!

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2010, 06:50 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The biggest mortgage swindle ever/sell the dollar!

The dollar is really going to tank even further. There is no end to the bad news for it. Could we see civil unrest there as a result??

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/roo...mortgages-were
Old 14 October 2010, 07:54 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

no doubt about it the American model of free markets has hit a brick wall and they are in crisis

but looking at the current answers to the problem, given buy the majority in the US, reminds me of the pro gun idiots who, after a Columbine gun massacre, think the problem is too few guns, and too much gun control not the reverse
Old 14 October 2010, 08:05 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
The dollar is really going to tank even further. There is no end to the bad news for it. Could we see civil unrest there as a result??

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/roo...mortgages-were
Hope so. These bureaucrats need a good shaking up. Although if the people start rioting it will probably be because they want more help not less, leading the country further to the left.

Wonder how many QE programs it will take to make people realise they're really f*cked?
Old 14 October 2010, 08:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bad for the Dollar? Hmmmmmmmm.

Someone remind me, when WAS the last time something was bad for the dollar but GOOD for the £?
Old 14 October 2010, 08:26 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Hope so. These bureaucrats need a good shaking up. Although if the people start rioting it will probably be because they want more help not less, leading the country further to the left.

Wonder how many QE programs it will take to make people realise they're really f*cked?
i find your analysis really interesting GlesgaKiss, imo totally wrong, but interesting none the less

do you see the Tea Party (who have openly advocated civil unrest) as trying to take the country "further" to the left
Old 14 October 2010, 08:27 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will have been before the war (before the Americans royally f*cked us), when the value of Sterling was tied to the value of gold.
Old 15 October 2010, 10:21 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i find your analysis really interesting GlesgaKiss, imo totally wrong, but interesting none the less

do you see the Tea Party (who have openly advocated civil unrest) as trying to take the country "further" to the left
The Tea Party is obviously a movement based on constitutional ideals which is trying to get the source of what they believe is the problem before 'it's too late'. Perhaps they will gain momentum and there will be more civil unrest that way, but in my opinion the majority of Americans are just too lazy to pay much attention. My hunch is based on the worst case scenario of a collapse and total loss of faith in the current fiat system, or at least U.S. government bonds. It would be difficult to tell people who are starving that they need less government and free markets which, in my opinion, will be given the blame for the whole thing anyway.

Too many Americans living in cities now who couldn't care less about the constitution/founding principles. And of course the country is a very different place now compared to when the founding fathers were around. Free markets and small government seem to have worked ok when they were in place from the beginning, but as I said above, if they were immediately put in place in the midst of a collapse, I don't see how people would put up with it, far less actually demand it with civil unrest. Far too much pain involved.