Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ever have one of those days when your car seems to be invisible?

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2010, 06:29 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ever have one of those days when your car seems to be invisible?

Like today.....

On my in to work, I had to brake / swerve to avoid a BMW that was drifting across into my lane on a clearly marked roundabout.

Less than two miles down the road, in a 40mph limit, a minibus pulled up to the give way line on a side road. As he had stopped, I thought he had seen me and would let me pass. No, he waited a moment and then pulled out less than 100 yds in front of me! I had to anchor-up and virtually stop to avoid hitting the back of the bus.

Then, on the way home tonight, some stupid woman pulled across from the middle lane into the slip road right in front of me. Problem was, she was braking hard and was actually going slower than me as her rear door came level with my front bumper. An emergency brake / swerve was just enough to avoid being completely wiped out by this complete tw*t. Thankfully, the car following me was quite a few car lengths behind, otherwise I think I may well have been t-boned as I took avoiding action.

This is the same route that I take to work every day, and usually manage to drive without needing to take avoiding action!

No wonder insurance premiums are going up - there's only so many times that I'll be able to get away without hitting retards like that

Hopefully I'll remember to switch the cloaking device off tomorrow.......
Old 14 October 2010, 06:38 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

My old scooby was yellow. You'd be amazed at the amount of people who used to wait until the last minute and then pull out in front of me.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:00 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

Your not invisible.. Just the fact 90% of drivers don't/can't be ars*d to look at who or what is coming. I had 2 near misses in space of 5 mins last tuesday one guy in his nissan figaro just pulled straight out from the kerb in front of me with about 10yrds distance, think we touched paint.
Then 2 mins later some pilock in a picasso pulled out of the junction i was turning right into, whilst i was turninig the stupid **** nearly smashed my car to bits and had the cheek to shake his head at me.. WTF

Last edited by chris270181; 14 October 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Sorry for the thread hijack but has anybody seen DaveD?
Old 14 October 2010, 07:18 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveD
Like today.....

On my in to work, I had to brake / swerve to avoid a BMW that was drifting across into my lane on a clearly marked roundabout.

Less than two miles down the road, in a 40mph limit, a minibus pulled up to the give way line on a side road. As he had stopped, I thought he had seen me and would let me pass. No, he waited a moment and then pulled out less than 100 yds in front of me! I had to anchor-up and virtually stop to avoid hitting the back of the bus.

Then, on the way home tonight, some stupid woman pulled across from the middle lane into the slip road right in front of me. Problem was, she was braking hard and was actually going slower than me as her rear door came level with my front bumper. An emergency brake / swerve was just enough to avoid being completely wiped out by this complete tw*t. Thankfully, the car following me was quite a few car lengths behind, otherwise I think I may well have been t-boned as I took avoiding action.

This is the same route that I take to work every day, and usually manage to drive without needing to take avoiding action!

No wonder insurance premiums are going up - there's only so many times that I'll be able to get away without hitting retards like that

Hopefully I'll remember to switch the cloaking device off tomorrow.......

Sounds like your driving to fast
Old 14 October 2010, 07:25 PM
Curtis450
Scooby Regular

curbed mine 3 times yesterday, never curbed a car in my life, and I was driving normally, not on boost just doing the limits. **** take.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:40 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis450
curbed mine 3 times yesterday, never curbed a car in my life, and I was driving normally, not on boost just doing the limits. **** take.
So, invisible curbs for you then
Sorry to hear that.
Old 14 October 2010, 07:44 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

South Yorkshire is definitely the best place for an MOT, apparently you don't need indicators for one there
Old 14 October 2010, 08:11 PM
Disco Boy 2
Scooby Regular

I had a near miss yesterday with a jogger dressed completely in black running down a very dark country road without pavements.
Old 14 October 2010, 08:13 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Disco Boy 2
I had a near miss yesterday with a jogger dressed completely in black running down a very dark country road without pavements.
I call that fair game tbh. Nearly tagged a few suicidal pedestrians today actually, missed though
Old 14 October 2010, 08:20 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
I call that fair game tbh. Nearly tagged a few suicidal pedestrians today actually, missed though
They weren’t twins prancing around on the M6 were they?
Old 14 October 2010, 08:24 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

left work yesterday car in front of me and a artic i drive them myself the numpty in a white tranny behind me decides to overtake the lot of us got past me then oncoming wagon cut me up if i hadnt a braked he would have took me out chased the ****** and gave him abuse then onto the m6o towards bury then a **** in a bmw 320d **** driver on the slip road to m66 decides to not indicate and pull in on me at half a cars lenght anchors on again some idiots about
Old 14 October 2010, 08:33 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
They weren’t twins prancing around on the M6 were they?
lol, now I would have seriously avoided those terminatrix crack heads, smash them up a bit and they'll keep on comin'
Nah, this was a load of student genius types in Guildford, clearly a tonne of metal flying towards them is of no consequence in their little worlds, next time I'll be sure to at least clip them, usually does the trick
Old 14 October 2010, 08:56 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

lol, now I would have seriously avoided those terminatrix crack heads, smash them up a bit and they'll keep on comin'
Nah, this was a load of student genius types in Guildford, clearly a tonne of metal flying towards them is of no consequence in their little worlds, next time I'll be sure to at least clip them, usually does the trick
I have friend who owns a hairdressers left hooker, he takes no prisoners, especially when he catches back up with them, and grabs a hold of thir clothing via the passnager window ( I mean drivers side window) .

LHD confuses the **** out of other drivers and pedestrians.
Old 14 October 2010, 09:00 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

I have friend who owns a hairdressers left hooker, he takes no prisoners, especially when he catches back up with them, and grabs a hold of thir clothing via the passnager window ( I mean drivers side window) .

LHD confuses the **** out of other drivers and pedestrians.
Brilliant, I must get one a.s.a.p.!
Old 14 October 2010, 09:05 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

I must get one a.s.a.p.!
An Audi TT - . Don't bother
Old 14 October 2010, 09:23 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

An Audi TT - . Don't bother
Jebus, ok maybe not
Old 14 October 2010, 09:34 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Guildford today? Not just you. I had it twice at lunch going to fill up at Shell in Ladymead. Within a mile an X3 pulls out of a side road without looking and then in the one way system a Focus nearly removed my front end changing lanes without looking or indicating.

The horns so rubbish I've never used it in 7 years of Scooby ownership - so ended up washing my windscreen.
Old 14 October 2010, 09:48 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [-(o)-]
Guildford today? Not just you. I had it twice at lunch going to fill up at Shell in Ladymead. Within a mile an X3 pulls out of a side road without looking and then in the one way system a Focus nearly removed my front end changing lanes without looking or indicating.

The horns so rubbish I've never used it in 7 years of Scooby ownership - so ended up washing my windscreen.
pmsl, that Guildford one way system in rush hour is wing-dent-fab-tastic

Yeah, I've dropped the Scoob for the time being but I had a truck horn fitted to my first classic Scoob, that was good for fear induced heart attacks

Sometimes I go through Guildford and then through Woking to get home, just for the extra adrenaline rush whilst avoiding other nutters
Old 14 October 2010, 11:22 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Anyone ever got mad with another driver and in a sudden brain fookup, stuck your thumb up to them rather than 2 fingers?
Old 14 October 2010, 11:59 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by oldsplice
My old scooby was yellow. You'd be amazed at the amount of people who used to wait until the last minute and then pull out in front of me.
Squaresy?
Old 15 October 2010, 12:01 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car only seems to be invisible to BMW 3series and Audi A3 owners.
Old 15 October 2010, 12:04 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

It must have been the day for them today. Coming up on the outside lane of our local by-pass which goes from a 2 lane into a 4 lane traffic lighted roundabout, when a dozy bint in a people carrier decides now would be a good time to decide to swap lanes, directly in my path.

She preceeded to do so in a lesiurely fashion, then start indicating when she was almost fully in my lane.. I swerved into the outer lane and stopped next to her to give her a death stare, and a few polite words - she only had bloody earphones in!
good thing I was slowing down as it was the roundabout approach or I would not have been a happy bunny with a dent in my Honky!!
Old 15 October 2010, 12:09 AM
ODWOC
BANNED

Originally Posted by officer-ginge
I done been seeing that today. Preceeding up on the outsider lane of our local by-pass which does go from a 2 lane into a 4 lane traffic lighted roundabout, when a dozy bint in a people carrier decides now would be a good time to decided to swap lanes, directly in my pathway.

She preceeded to do so in a lesiurely fashion, then start indicating when she was almost done fully in my lane.. I swerved into the outer lane and stopped next to her to give her a death stare, and a few polite words - she only had bloody earphones in!
good thing I was slow down as it was the roundaboutbouty approach or I would not have been a happy bunny with a dent in my Honky!!
Quite
Old 15 October 2010, 12:39 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

You been done a good impression.
Old 15 October 2010, 12:39 AM
ODWOC
BANNED

Old 15 October 2010, 05:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It seems to be just the same with pedestrians these days. In our town they are likely to suddenly walk across the road without looking first and at an angle with their backs to the approaching traffic on their side of the road!

It can be very close at times, even though I don't drive fast in towns. If you pip the horn they look at you as though it is all your fault for daring to use a road which was designed for cars in the first place.

Half the time they are walking along on the road instead of an empty pavement which cost the council god knows how much money to install for their use, with their backs to the traffic.

What on earth happened to simple road sense as they used to teach in schools?

Les
Old 15 October 2010, 05:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
It seems to be just the same with pedestrians these days. In our town they are likely to suddenly walk across the road without looking first and at an angle with their backs to the approaching traffic on their side of the road!

It can be very close at times, even though I don't drive fast in towns. If you pip the horn they look at you as though it is all your fault for daring to use a road which was designed for cars in the first place.

Half the time they are walking along on the road instead of an empty pavement which cost the council god knows how much money to install for their use, with their backs to the traffic.

What on earth happened to simple road sense as they used to teach in schools?

Les
It's on the same shelf as the 'Keep Britain Tidy' manual !
Old 15 October 2010, 06:15 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

What about Tractors....... arggghhhh.

Im sure I read a rule somewhere thats states that any arboriculture machinery that could not meet the or excess 30mph on a public highway should have warning lights (beacon) and always pull over to allow other motorist past, and that it was an offence to hold up long queues of traffic if there is a passing place available for the machinery to pull into. What a load of BULLOX !!!

Then theres the muppets that sit behind the Tractor at 20mph in a national speed limit with open roads to get past, whom make no efforts to get past......

Old 16 October 2010, 11:14 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What about Tractors....... arggghhhh.

Im sure I read a rule somewhere thats states that any arboriculture machinery that could not meet the or excess 30mph on a public highway should have warning lights (beacon) and always pull over to allow other motorist past, and that it was an offence to hold up long queues of traffic if there is a passing place available for the machinery to pull into. What a load of BULLOX !!!

Then theres the muppets that sit behind the Tractor at 20mph in a national speed limit with open roads to get past, whom make no efforts to get past......

Are you saying that a tractor or other slow vehicle should not pull into a parking bay to let the queue of traffic past then? Why is that rule "Bullox"(sic.)

Les