Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What else should George cut??

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2010, 12:24 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What else should George cut??

Personally I'd like George Osbourne to take a knife to public spending and right the government ship from deficit to balanced in a couple of years. Some areas I can think to save in are:

Defense - Scrap the new carriers and expensive planes, and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd keep the nuclear sub option though.

Welfare - Tell 'asylum seekers' to go elsewhere and stop benefits to any immigrants for 10 years.

Police - Take an axe to spending on traffic. I don't want money spent to just catch peeps doing 45 in a 40 zone. Scrap speed cameras too.

Housing - I don't want the state subsidising peoples mortgages if they are unemployed.

All other public sector workers - 10% pay cut or no job.

Review final salary public sector pensions and if necessary change workers contracts by fiat to reduce the bill. Tell 'em it's x amount or you get nothing.

Stop stupid 'non essential' surgery like boob jobs on the NHS.

Stop any state funding to arts or sport.

No funding to religious schools.

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 04 October 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 12:31 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Remove child benefit for third kids onwards. That should dissuade some of the teenaged teenaged baby factories
Old 04 October 2010, 12:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Scrap NI and increase income tax to compensate. Impossible with a Ponzi scheme like NI but it would save a fortune if NICO was scrapped.
Old 04 October 2010, 12:41 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Personally I'd like George Osbourne to take a knife to public spending and right the government ship from deficit to balanced in a couple of years. Some areas I can think to save in are:

Defense - Scrap the new carriers and expensive planes, and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd keep the nuclear sub option though.

Welfare - Tell 'asylum seekers' to go elsewhere and stop benefits to any immigrants for 10 years.

Police - Take an axe to spending on traffic. I don't want money spent to just catch peeps doing 45 in a 40 zone. Scrap speed cameras too.

Housing - I don't want the state subsidising peoples mortgages if they are unemployed.

Review final salary public sector pensions and if necessary change workers contracts by fiat to reduce the bill. Tell 'em it's x amount or you get nothing.

Defence, the two options are, scrap the new ones, our navy is 20 years out of date and we couldn't even beat jamaca in a sea battle. Keep the carriers that will bring our navy up to date. The carriers are needed, we already a second rate navy, scrap them and we may as well not bother having one at all.

welfare, not all asylum seekers are trying it on, the issue is the system needs to be treamlined so the process doesn;t take 3 years, by which time the person has gone awol.

police, yeah i agree, they combat what gets them the best results, not the real issues such as burglary etc.

housing, yep, find a job or go cheap

public sector, not all public sector workers make a killing, some do though. As far as pension, that will cost more in the long run when people start to fight them in court adn when councils loose they suffer the costs + origional pension + compensation. you just have to phase them out. although im not sure if new starters do get that anyway.

none essential ops on NHS i agree, although not always as simple, gastric bands for example the cost of surgery is less than the long term cost of not doing it.

Arts and sports funding, stop some, not all, modern art is total bollox, since when is turnign a light switch on and off art? (for example). but sports funding does provide employment and help people who do deserve it.

relgious schools, i agree, shoudl be stopped, tbh i didn;t know there were still any
Old 04 October 2010, 12:48 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stop these ridiculous lha rents where a single Afghan mother of 8 can claim £90000 a year in housing benefit for a 8 bedroomed mansion. That case may be the exception but there are something like 1500 people claiming over £25k a year on housing benefit.
Old 04 October 2010, 12:51 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Pull out of the EU and save £14 billion a year
Old 04 October 2010, 12:53 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Chop the number of MP's in half and replace them with monkeys. Pay them peanuts.
Old 04 October 2010, 12:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Defense - Scrap the new carriers and expensive planes, and get out of Iraq and
Afghanistan. I'd keep the nuclear sub option though.

Agree on the get out of Iraq/Afghanistan, need to be careful with the knock ons when cancelling projects, can put lots of people out of work and onto the dole which is counterproductive, a load of Scottish Shipbuilders lose their jobs and you pay them benefits and then dont even get a nice boat out of it.

Yep, **** off, I have paid in for twenty odd years and am being told I get nothing at all, so sod anyone just getting off the boat, Somalians getting a free house and extra Gas Payments as they are cold in our climate really annoys me, sorry if your country is **** but hard luck, go home if its too cold.

Agree, sort of, but doesnt need to descend into chaos.

Hmm, dont pay their mortgage, but let them lose their house and then ask for a Council House and/or housing benefit, tough one.

Er, so a 15 grand a year Council Grave Digger or 20 grand a year clerk have to lose a tenth of their pitiful wage, perhaps apply that but to jobs over 100k, GP's totally milking it, NHS Trus managers doing likewise.

So, they generally get paid lower than public sector, someone needs to do most of these jobs and even the pension gets battered, most of the people on it never earnt all that much in the first place.

Yep, unless its totally debillitating, just being a bit flat doesnt get you a boob job, saw a programme the other week and some odious little trollop was expecting a free boob job just because she was a skinny thing, presumably so she could attract some dopey ****** to impregnante her.

Arts maybe less, but sport should be promoted to get people moving, to make the nation healthier and reduce the strain on the NHS.

No funding to religious schools

Surely a school is a school, they all need funding, denomination shouldnt matter, perhaps banning all religion in schools but mostly even Catholic schools are mainly educational.

My own contribuion would be.

Come down heavy on the self employed who are fiddling, start limiting the "cash economy" a bit

Benefits cheats never get any more, deported if not born here.

Anyone convicted of a crime who isnt born here goes home and never comes back.

Anyone caught here without a visa gets sent back

NHS treatment is only for those who live here legally.

benefits not paid in money, paid in tokens, can only be used on certain things like food, no booze, no lottery, no ****.

Less "diversity" realted posts in councils.
Old 04 October 2010, 01:03 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Less "diversity" related posts in councils.
what, we have council workers dedicated to pushing the careers of a dance troupe – ridiculous
Old 04 October 2010, 01:07 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

My my, what a lot of "haves" we are on here.

How about a thought or two for a few "have nots"? Or do we just ignore them all?
Old 04 October 2010, 01:17 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
My my, what a lot of "haves" we are on here.

How about a thought or two for a few "have nots"? Or do we just ignore them all?
I agree with your sentiment, but only partially.

You could argue that being so accommodating to those worse off is actually making their lives worse - yes they'll have more cash and benefits, but the chances of them improving their situation is made much harder, and the status quo will continue, and being in the underclass will continue to be a lifestyle choice unless things change.

It is this that needs to be tackled, and making their lives less comfortable is the way to do it (cruel to be kind).
Old 04 October 2010, 01:20 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

how about mp's salary's? i'd hapily have 60k a year
Old 04 October 2010, 01:46 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
how about mp's salary's? i'd hapily have 60k a year
You CAN!!!!

All you have to do is get Elected .....

Go for it!!
Old 04 October 2010, 02:10 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

last thing we need to do is cut the defence budget for 1 and those exspensive planes save alot of troops lives
Old 04 October 2010, 02:13 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

and troops have pulled from iraq but afghan we need to stay for the long haul now
Old 04 October 2010, 02:32 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
You CAN!!!!

All you have to do is get Elected .....

Go for it!!

cool, i promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 04 October 2010, 03:24 PM
ahar
Scooby Regular

I actually work in HMT so I'll take your suggestions and pass them on...

PS don't worry, am off on paternity leave at the mo so I'm not wasting taxpayers money posting on here...

Last edited by ahar; 04 October 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 03:32 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing George should cut is either his own throat or wrists with a very sharp blade , he`s an absolute arsehole just like all the politicians in this country regardless of party , all they are interested in is themselves . C**nts the lot of them as proved in the expenses scandal. At least its easy to tell when George is lying , you can see his lips move. I would also abolish political parties and make each MP actually work for his own constituency as they should do and not just the party that funds them. As for the important jobs like Chancellor or whatever it would be more sensible to employ people who are actually qualified to do the job like in the real world , not just jobs for the boys .
Old 04 October 2010, 04:18 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Pull out of the EU and save £14 billion a year
+1!
Old 04 October 2010, 07:40 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Legal Aid, limit it to one representation a year.
Old 05 October 2010, 09:53 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Easy one for the Police, HR departments.

My force is one of the smallest in the country and yet we have a HR department the same size as GMP, why?
I wouldn't mind if they were the definition of efficiancy, but they're not!

I'm sure some of the other Public sector departments could do with a good dose of HR cutting too
Old 05 October 2010, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

Can't argue too much in general with that. Not sure about the need for the carriers but we do need suitable aircraft in order to attain air superiority in an attack area, that is a very old and necessary military requirement. Can't see any government dumping the nuclear option and losing their seat at the top table!

Certainly get shot of the speedcams, but we need more traffic police to keep order and to catch the serious offenders such as drunks and dangerous or uninsured cars.

Loss of support of sport would be a mistake I think.

Faith schools usually give a high standard of education and deserve funding for that reason alone for their service to the community in general.

They should certainly re-assess their priorities when it comes to where the NHS money is spent!

Les