Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fat Loss diet while Weight Training

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2010, 08:57 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Loss diet while Weight Training

I have just started weight training again and i am thinking about trying a fat loss diet. I am training 4 times a week and I know the weight will come off slowly but i would love to see it come off quicker to give me a head start.

Has any one on here try one. If so which one?

I would like to lose about a stone. I currently weigh 14.5st.

Thanks for the help guys
Old 27 September 2010, 09:53 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Perfect diet - eat less!

Seriously the best way to lose weight simply is eat whatever you eat today, but half all the portion sizes. Job done.

Nothing fancy, nothing extraordinary, dead simple.
Old 27 September 2010, 10:01 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Old 27 September 2010, 10:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently on 2 diets .....
I find that there isn't enough food on one
Old 27 September 2010, 10:32 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

No point doing weights until you are at your desired weight.

Get on the treadmill do at least 5 miles by a combination of running and fast walking. Do at least 5 times for two weeks and you should drop not far off a stone. At least half. Ideally you want to be doing 6 days with one off day.

I've done it so I know it works. Was advised this by a trainer and he waS right to lose weight you have to put the miles in with a healthy diet.

Chop :-)
Old 27 September 2010, 10:38 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

eat less, move more...........

unfortunately it is something that requires hard work and there is no easy way to do it
Old 28 September 2010, 12:08 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Groan! Vallumlj and his diet thread again
Either do it the hard way or take growth hormone.
Old 28 September 2010, 12:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My doctor said to eat less and he was right!

Les
Old 28 September 2010, 12:45 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Calorie counting and cycling training has lost me 1/2 stone in the last 4 weeks. I don't punish myself, but I think about everything I put into my mouth now

Plus cycling 3 - 4 times a week for at least 17 miles helped, but I don't think I would have lost it unless I hadn't adapted my food intake. Our lunch was nigh on 800 calories and we're not even talking fatty foods!

Lots of low fat recipes available online. We have stir fries, curries and pasta regularly, hardly any red meat and avoid too many ready made sauces which have hidden baddies in them. I feel better already!
Old 28 September 2010, 01:35 PM
rb5_336
Scooby Regular

I've managed to be successful with lean muscle build, that's build muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time. I've gone from 26% bodyfat and little muscle to 11.5% bodyfat and good amount of muscle.

It took me 6 years to achieve this, where in real terms it was only in the last year where I nailed my diet did things really happen

Here are the key elements that gave me success:

1 - Eat little and often - every meal needs to be high in protein and low in carbs. Every 4 hours i'd have a small meal of protein, veg and carbs

2 - Plenty of water - about 2 litres a day

3 - Essential Fatty Acid supplements - It's very difficult to get EFAs from real food these days, so better off getting supplements. I take Omega 3/6/9 and CLA

4 - You'll need to be on a calorie deficit by the end of the day, I aimed for 500 cals less than I needed to maintain my weight

5 - In general eat wholesome fresh food, plenty of chicken, fish, meat etc, I minimised any processed crap. Food like pizza, pasta, and anything with a sauce is generally massively calorific and will not enable you to meet a healthy amount of calories for that day.

6 - Reduced my alcohol consumption - lots of empty carbs there, but didnt need to give up totally..phew

The above is based on loads of research I did and it's also proven to be successful and not a stupid fad diet that may give temporary results.

Sean
Old 29 September 2010, 05:32 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

As above low carbs, low fat and exercise, weights and cardio.
Try to eat good quality un processed food, snack often on fruit ( not bananas ) and nuts
One day each week eat normally ( but don't go mad ) which seems to confuse the metabolism and keep it burning fat.
Old 29 September 2010, 08:13 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly what rb5 says. 1.5g of protein per lb of lbm. After that 40% of calories should be from fat and carbs to be kept to an absolute minimum, no biscuits no milk pretty much anything with carbs or sugar

Seems quite restrictive, but works like a charm if done right, you also continue weights as normal but any cardio is no more than 120bpm, otherwise you start to burn carbs which will eat at your precious muscle

Im currently on a lean bulk and it's working great, can't wait for when i decide to cut next time round now i know how to go about it

It's quite a nice diet, imagine making your protein shakes with double cream yum!!!
Old 30 September 2010, 01:46 PM
rb5_336
Scooby Regular

Also this eat 2500 cals a day isn't very helpful, as that's for your average man. Here's some specific calorie targets taken from a good article. If you want the full article let me know

For bulking and adding mass you should aim to eat 18-20 cals per lb of bodyweight
For maintenance you should aim 14-16 cals per lb of bodyweight
For fat loss you should aim for between 10-12 cals per lb of bodyweight

Sean
Old 30 September 2010, 01:55 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

I lost 3.5 stone in 4 months, ate nothing but protien and drank just water in the week, also took ECA30+ every day which work wonders.

I train 3 times a week at the gym, had to stop running due to knee problem that flares up every time I try to run.
Old 30 September 2010, 02:58 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Lost nearly 3 stone.

No beer during the week. 100 miles cycling a week.

Eat about 1600-1700 cals a day. Don't eat much red meat, mainly chicken, rice, veg and home made sauces etc.

...another 7lbs to go!
Old 30 September 2010, 03:28 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Dont belive all this eat less bollox.

If its just fat your trying to burn, up your cardio keep doing your 4 sessions a week on the weights. Have a look on the net a an ECA stack and cut out fatty foods. If you eat healthy you shouldnt need to count calories. Turkey and veg, you cant eat to much, remeber you need fuel for your training. Dont go hungry as your body stores fat as it thinks your being starved.
Old 30 September 2010, 10:34 PM
Richy P1984
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a visit to the Misc on bb.com - they will help you out!
Old 30 September 2010, 11:27 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Eat well all day till about 6pm, then have a light meal at 8 and don't eat after that.

Do 25-40 min of cardio then do some weights (especially squats and dead-lifts) for another 45 mins and increase protein intake.

Have about 2 Liters of water daily- Minimum!

Have lots of good fats and eat 4-5 small meals a day..

Old 01 October 2010, 09:01 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by grovesy
Dont belive all this eat less bollox.

If its just fat your trying to burn, up your cardio keep doing your 4 sessions a week on the weights. Have a look on the net a an ECA stack and cut out fatty foods. If you eat healthy you shouldnt need to count calories. Turkey and veg, you cant eat to much, remeber you need fuel for your training. Dont go hungry as your body stores fat as it thinks your being starved.
We don't go hungry, but calories are counted. Shredded Wheat in the morning, normal-ish lunch and evening meal with pasta, rice, chicken and sauce based meals (homemade) mean we don't go hungry and if you feel peckish, snack on fruit. I have also given up cheese, which I thought was going to be a real chore cos I love it, but it's not been too bad.
Old 01 October 2010, 10:02 AM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Well I stand by what I have said. A lad at my Gym is taking in about 5000 calories a day. Eats about 8 -10 times a day and he is shredding the fat off. I have only posted what he has told me. If he was eating less he would not be getting the gains he is. And as the poster said he trains 4 times a week, and I'm assuming he wants to keep this up.

Its only advice people,