Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2010, 12:12 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Xbox, where do I stand ?

Hi all

My xbox has decided to start freezing and has also scratched my new F1 game

It was bought 9 months ago from game, I still have the receipt and the original box, can I take it back and make them replace it or will they have none of it ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Old 27 September 2010, 12:15 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

The Xbox will be under 12 months warranty Im sure, although given its age they will probably take it in for repair.
Old 27 September 2010, 12:24 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply

Dont think I can be bothered to wait for them to fix it so might just trade it in and get a new one
Old 27 September 2010, 12:28 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stef_2010
thanks for the reply

Dont think I can be bothered to wait for them to fix it so might just trade it in and get a new one
what!!!!!

are you serious? I am glad you have money to burn. if you have then fair play to you. allowing microshaft to get away with anything is a no no in my book. old bill gates is the richest american for the 17th year running. assests down to a meager $54 billion.

May i ask are of the younger generation i.e under 25?
Old 27 September 2010, 12:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I'm on my 3rd one.

The are pretty cheap now used from game shops.
Old 27 September 2010, 12:33 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
what!!!!!

are you serious? I am glad you have money to burn. if you have then fair play to you. allowing microshaft to get away with anything is a no no in my book. old bill gates is the richest american for the 17th year running. assests down to a meager $54 billion.

May i ask are of the younger generation i.e under 25?

Yes I'm 23

The only reason I was considering trading it in for a new one is because I dont want to wait if they say they need to send it away, I'm enjoying the new F1 game too much.

I'm sure theres a law that states they must replace within a year just cant remember it
Old 27 September 2010, 12:39 PM
Scooby_CL
Scooby Regular

get on the phone to the game store you purchased it from... if they cant help it will unfortunately have to go back to Microsoft, they will fix it but it wont be a quick thing. they like to take there dam time! lol

personally the original xbox is so floored i wouldn't bother keeping it long term, get it fixed and trade it in for the new one. dont trade your original one broken as it will be worth **** all, squeeze everything you can out of them! haha
Old 27 September 2010, 12:48 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

its not even a basic its an ELITE
Old 27 September 2010, 12:58 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

what is it with young people and i want it now syndrome? when i worked in retail it was the same. they bought something at 83p and they gave you £1. they didn't wait for the change. do they all live at warp speed now or am i just an owl gumbly bastid?. how much is a new xbox elite? £150? How long and how hard do you have to work to make £150? ok i understand wanting to play the latest game but forking out £150 for the privilage is madness in my book. to add insult to injury the stores rape you for £50 for the feckin game itself.

Stef please understand i am not getting at you per se, but i would like to know is this pretty much indicative of the "younger" generation? I can be as impulsive as the next person, and i later feel guilty about spending money that i didnt need to, but that is once in a very blue moon.

Discuss.
Old 27 September 2010, 01:03 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

I see what your saying, and to be fair I am really bad for wanting something 'now' been like that for aslong as I can remember, cars, clothes, games if I have money in my pocket it usually gets spent.

Also it wont be £150, I'll be trading mine in as a working console for one of the new ones, which I was considering doing anyway, this has just gave me that nudge
Old 27 September 2010, 01:06 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

what is it with young people and i want it now syndrome? when i worked in retail it was the same. they bought something at 83p and they gave you £1. they didn't wait for the change. do they all live at warp speed now or am i just an owl gumbly bastid?. how much is a new xbox elite? £150? How long and how hard do you have to work to make £150? ok i understand wanting to play the latest game but forking out £150 for the privilage is madness in my book. to add insult to injury the stores rape you for £50 for the feckin game itself.

Stef please understand i am not getting at you per se, but i would like to know is this pretty much indicative of the "younger" generation? I can be as impulsive as the next person, and i later feel guilty about spending money that i didnt need to, but that is once in a very blue moon.

Discuss.

I'm with you there.

It seems that society had become a type of I want it NOW! But then next week it's getting thrown away and replaced by something else.

It seems daft to trade in the console just because you will miss a few days gameplaying. Surely you can find something else to do equally as productive (or not, as the case may be for some).

Oh, word of warning skipping and stalling during gameplay is usually a signt that you are about to get hit with the red ring of death!
Old 27 September 2010, 01:09 PM
d7nmr
Scooby Regular

what is it with young people and i want it now syndrome? when i worked in retail it was the same. they bought something at 83p and they gave you £1. they didn't wait for the change.

Always happened to me when i worked in retail. Take the change man, pennies make pounds :P
Old 27 September 2010, 01:11 PM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
I'm with you there.

It seems that society had become a type of I want it NOW! But then next week it's getting thrown away and replaced by something else.

It seems daft to trade in the console just because you will miss a few days gameplaying. Surely you can find something else to do equally as productive (or not, as the case may be for some).

Oh, word of warning skipping and stalling during gameplay is usually a signt that you are about to get hit with the red ring of death!
Well if a certain garage would fix my car I'd be out driving instead of gaming

Anyway, just spoke to GAME there

Unfortunatley, they have no ELITES in stock so what the manager is going to do is replace my faulty ELITE with a brand new Xbox at no cost to myself

RESULT
Old 27 September 2010, 01:32 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Unfortunatley, they have no ELITES in stock so what the manager is going to do is replace my faulty ELITE with a brand new Xbox at no cost to myself

RESULT
Trade it in un-opened - you'll get more for it
Old 27 September 2010, 01:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

They usually scratch the discs when you move it while its plugged in, like if it maybe froze? then you picked it up/moved it to check the wires while it was still spinning the disc?
Old 27 September 2010, 02:57 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

RESULT

there ya go. quick phone call and you're quids in. thats what i call customer service.
Old 27 September 2010, 03:56 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

i had mine picked up by UPS on a friday and had it back at my house on Tuesday afternoon so they fix them pretty quick!
Old 27 September 2010, 04:01 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Wasn't this a known fault that was on Watchdog? Microsoft denied there was an issue but I suspect will have changed their tune. Thought they'd have fixed it by now. Perhaps a few old systems are still sitting in warehouses.

Here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/.../xbox_360.html

New one might go the same way.

5t.
Old 27 September 2010, 04:06 PM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my xbox since they 1st came out (however long that is???) and i'm now on number 3, everytime they've knacked i've just contacted microsoft, boxed it up and sent them it and got a brand new one each time within a few days... its out of warranty and the first one was even flashed (to play copied games) and they just replace it.

Great service.