Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some lovely folk out there !!

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2010, 08:03 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some lovely folk out there !!

We took my mum out for lunch on sunday for her birthday, went back to the car and there was a nice dent on the rear door

Does anyone know of or even used a Dentmaster or something similar in the Mansfield, Notts area, I've googled it but can only see companies from down south

Cheers DARB
Old 22 September 2010, 08:35 PM
mystery_machine
Scooby Regular

you could try this depending on how bad the damage is?

AirDuster

If you try this method and it works could you let me know
Old 22 September 2010, 09:31 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DARB
We took my mum out for lunch on sunday for her birthday, went back to the car and there was a nice dent on the rear door

Does anyone know of or even used a Dentmaster or something similar in the Mansfield, Notts area, I've googled it but can only see companies from down south

Cheers DARB
I experienced similar 'kindness' when I attended a track event recently. The HIRE car next to me had silver paint on the door handle at the exact point it would have made the dent

My car was MINT until that point and the Mrs wouldn't let me empty their tyres........I should have waited and confronted them but not knowing how long they will be and facing a 3half hour drive back with the Mrs twisting my **** about it, I left

Will be interested to know if you have any joy getting it repaired...
Old 23 September 2010, 07:11 AM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

i try and make a note of the reg numbers next to the car and if the alarm has gone off when i get back to the car i know its been bumped,look for the damage and then go from there,the only problem you get is if one of the cars has moved and a different one is in its place!but lets face it most people dont care about there cars nower days and if you dont want anything to happen to the car leave it at home..
Old 23 September 2010, 09:30 AM
chrisevo2000
Scooby Regular

So annoying,when people have no respect,for others property.
This happened to me,in a car park many years ago,when I was an angry young man!!
I parked my car(My heavily modded VR6 MK2 Golf,with a new 4 grand paint job),as far away from anybody,as I could.Came back 10 minutes later to find an old 205 had not only parked so close,I could hardly get in,but it had scuffed my rear bumper!
I checked the front of the 205 and lo and behold it's front bumper had my lovely paint all over it.
In a fit of rage I kicked every panel in on it.Not recommended,but it made me feel better,for 5 minutes!
Chris
Old 23 September 2010, 09:48 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

DARB I'll find out for you got a few few friends who use one.

Wasn't Toby carvery was it? Mmmmmm
Old 23 September 2010, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am too polite to say what I think of people who are so selfish as to damage other people's cars like that!

Les
Old 24 September 2010, 11:21 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antc
DARB I'll find out for you got a few few friends who use one.

Wasn't Toby carvery was it? Mmmmmm
Cheers mate

No it wasnt Toby, although we actually went there first but there was a hour wait for a table so we had a ride to the Treble Bob at Barlborough (great food, shame about the **** in the car park )

wish we had stayed at Toby for a massive yorkshire

Forget polite Les say what ya think
Old 25 September 2010, 12:09 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

If you're struggling I had a guy take a few trolley dinks and a dent out of my scoob for about £40. It was a while ago now but I could see if he's still at the same address here in Chesterfield. Bloody amazing how they do it.
Old 25 September 2010, 09:28 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wifes car got a dent on the arch from some old fart in a Jaaag, he clipped it, got out and had a look then drove off according to the nice lady who left a note on the windscreen, we got the insurance to contact the owner but he denied all knowledge, we decided not to bother as its not that bad and we cant be arsed, but I have his reg, its a local car so it ay aquire a new dent at some point.
Old 25 September 2010, 09:37 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I parked in the local shopping precent last night and happend to see one of my friends before entering the shop. We had a natter outside and I could see my car parked up.

I was quite amazed at how many people walking past it appeared to brush past the wing mirror or front bumper. There were no marks when I checked but I guess it's women with handbags, rivets off jeans etc who make those little scratches I sometimes discover.
Narrow parking bays don't help either.

Nick
Old 25 September 2010, 05:02 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
If you're struggling I had a guy take a few trolley dinks and a dent out of my scoob for about £40. It was a while ago now but I could see if he's still at the same address here in Chesterfield. Bloody amazing how they do it.
That would be great winds me up everytime I look at it ggrrrrrr
Old 25 September 2010, 05:11 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DARB
That would be great winds me up everytime I look at it ggrrrrrr
OK, let me know if ant sorts you out, if not I'll dig his number out of my car file.
Old 25 September 2010, 05:32 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

my mate pointed me to him http://www.speedydentrepair.co.uk/

but i have no experience of his work , so maybe mmt recommendation would be the best
Old 25 September 2010, 05:54 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Im interested.

Simon
Old 25 September 2010, 06:45 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

OK, when I got my scoob in June 06 it had a couple of dinks in the doors, a small dent in a wing and a couple of small bits that needed smartening up. Somebody recommended a local smart repair guy called Sean Moyes. Sean knows this guy called Gary Walker who I think he owns a company called Dent Devils and does dealership repairs all over Sheffield and Chesterfield. Anyway, Gary lives/lived near me and I took my car to his house for him to do the work whilst I watched. This man was a feckin magician. He stood this black and white striped post at the front of the car which hi-lighted all the dinks as you looked down the side. This actually showed there was about a dozen small dinks where I thought there was only two. The dinks in the doors: basically he winds the window down, plastic wedge between the window and door skin to allow the tool inside, then he used a long thin hockey stick shaped tool to reach inside to the inside of the dink. He then massaged the inside of the dink carefully until the dink was no more. The dent in the front wing, which was much more significant, was done in a similar fashion but with a shorter tool in behind the wing lining.
Gary Walker - Dent devils - 0800 458 6700 http://www.dentdevils.co.uk/schofieldWalker.htm I have his mobile number but I dont think I should put that up. Also it says trade only but id give him a ring and see what he says.
Sean Moyes - Auto paint systems - is 07768755573 this is common knowledge as its all over his van.

Simon, I'd be suprised if you haven't come across both these guys before as they do a lot of work in and around Sheffield.
Old 25 September 2010, 07:00 PM
matt6666
Scooby Regular

I've used these, pretty close to you in Mansfield - http://www.mintmyride.com/

They did all 4 doors for £60 and made some quite significant dents disappear.
Old 25 September 2010, 09:52 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

OK, when I got my scoob in June 06 it had a couple of dinks in the doors, a small dent in a wing and a couple of small bits that needed smartening up. Somebody recommended a local smart repair guy called Sean Moyes. Sean knows this guy called Gary Walker who I think he owns a company called Dent Devils and does dealership repairs all over Sheffield and Chesterfield. Anyway, Gary lives/lived near me and I took my car to his house for him to do the work whilst I watched. This man was a feckin magician. He stood this black and white striped post at the front of the car which hi-lighted all the dinks as you looked down the side. This actually showed there was about a dozen small dinks where I thought there was only two. The dinks in the doors: basically he winds the window down, plastic wedge between the window and door skin to allow the tool inside, then he used a long thin hockey stick shaped tool to reach inside to the inside of the dink. He then massaged the inside of the dink carefully until the dink was no more. The dent in the front wing, which was much more significant, was done in a similar fashion but with a shorter tool in behind the wing lining.
Gary Walker - Dent devils - 0800 458 6700 http://www.dentdevils.co.uk/schofieldWalker.htm I have his mobile number but I dont think I should put that up. Also it says trade only but id give him a ring and see what he says.
Sean Moyes - Auto paint systems - is 07768755573 this is common knowledge as its all over his van.

Simon, I'd be suprised if you haven't come across both these guys before as they do a lot of work in and around Sheffield.
Greatly Appreciated.
Old 25 September 2010, 10:47 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Greatly Appreciated.
You're welcome Simon, I can definitely recommend both these guys.
Old 26 September 2010, 09:58 AM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys hopefully get this sorted now
Old 26 September 2010, 04:47 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Parked in Reading years ago, came back to find front of car damaged like some tw*t had reversed in to it Bouncer from nearby pub wanders over & hands me reg nr of the car that did it laughing that my car alarm went "mad" when it happened (was one that sounded 6 alternating sounds)! Went to the Police who, after 7 days, advised they weren't interested F*cking great as had to claim on my insurance ...

TX.
Old 26 September 2010, 08:03 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

"Im not interested in your lack of interest: Id like to speak to an inspector, please".
Old 26 September 2010, 09:56 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ think the words they used included "it's a civil matter"

TX.