Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

what is a 55g 9ct gold chain worth

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2010, 05:38 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question what is a 55g 9ct gold chain worth

I have a 55g 9ct gold byztanine gold chain in as new condition.

worth much?
Old 28 July 2010, 05:44 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaOne

worth much?
No
Old 28 July 2010, 05:48 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

worth much?
50p tops
Old 28 July 2010, 05:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

couple of grammes of crack?
Old 28 July 2010, 06:01 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

About £450 scrap!
Old 28 July 2010, 06:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I have a friend who buys and sells gold and precious stones as a hobby, she has a contact ho buys this stuff, not a 'cash my gold' type outfit. I will pm you the details once she gets back home from work
Old 28 July 2010, 06:07 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Yeah, about £465...

http://www.scrapgolduk.co.uk/scrap-gold-calculator
Old 28 July 2010, 06:10 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I have a friend who buys and sells gold and precious stones as a hobby, she has a contact ho buys this stuff, not a 'cash my gold' type outfit. I will pm you the details once she gets back home from work

that would be good, just got the weight of the chain and some rings, 85g in total so far
Old 28 July 2010, 06:21 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

that would be good, just got the weight of the chain and some rings, 85g in total so far
Never sell your gold
Old 28 July 2010, 06:30 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

worth much?

depends on where you go, a family member scrapped some gold a while back, one place was offering just over £5 per gram, and said that they gave the strongest prices in town, they then went to a small jewellery shop the same day and they gave £9.35 per gram which was bang on the current prices at the time do your research, the current prices are on line and change daily except for saturday and sunday, a decent place wont have any problem in telling you what there buying price for scrap gold that day is over the phone if the wont tell you, don't waste your time going there.
Old 28 July 2010, 06:43 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Never sell your gold
Just look at what happened to Gordon.
Old 28 July 2010, 06:44 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Never sell your gold

errm, why not? golds gone bloody mental over the last couple of years.

old tat i've aquired over the years has brought in some handy readies recently sovereigns have done slightly better
Old 28 July 2010, 07:14 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Never sell your gold
Gotta be a good time to sell surely. Can you see it going any higher???
Old 28 July 2010, 07:18 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

and where there is a need there is a must.

i dont have any of it on these days, it just in a box doing nothing
Old 28 July 2010, 07:21 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

1 oz (troy) 99.99% about £750-800
Old 28 July 2010, 07:27 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

and where there is a need there is a must.

i dont have any of it on these days, it just in a box doing nothing
And if Mr Habgood comes up trumps you may get an even better price
Old 29 July 2010, 10:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not impossible that it might become the only substance really worth anything eventually.

Les
Old 29 July 2010, 11:15 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

increased by about 30% in the last year. what bank or hedgefund is going to give you a rate like that.
Old 29 July 2010, 11:18 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

worth much?
A visit from the fashion police?
Old 29 July 2010, 11:27 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

worth much?
Are you Mr T?
Old 29 July 2010, 01:29 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChefDude
Are you Mr T?

hey fool
Old 29 July 2010, 05:53 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
errm, why not? golds gone bloody mental over the last couple of years.
old tat i've aquired over the years has brought in some handy readies recently sovereigns have done slightly better
Think about your post man. You have an asset which is INCREASING in value and you think its a good idea to sell it for more bits of paper which are decreasing in value to buy more useless consumables with? Whats your name? Gordong Brown?

If the op is stuck for money and this is his only option that that's a different matter.

I won't start my gold bug ranting on this thread, I'll let you look into it if you are interested

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 July 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 05:59 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Gotta be a good time to sell surely. Can you see it going any higher???

Yes, I'm banking on it actually. Its no way near hit its top, it will take time (up to a few years) but $1500+/oz ($1160 at present) is a very very real possibility.

If you are interested you'll have to use the internet and read up about it. Gold price has been kept artificially low by major governments for a variety of reasons. Now that they are printing money like its going out of fashion and their debts are in the trillions and the developing worlds appetite for buying that debt is diminishing, there is only one way for gold, up.

All imho of course
Old 29 July 2010, 06:44 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

[B]

Think about your post man. You have an asset which is INCREASING in value and you think its a good idea to sell it for more bits of paper which are decreasing in value to buy more useless consumables with? Whats your name? Gordong Brown?

If the op is stuck for money and this is his only option that that's a different matter.

I won't start my gold bug ranting on this thread, I'll let you look into it if you are interested
er no, gordon brown told everyone he was selling it which drove the value down so he sold it for next to **** all.

i've bought it low and sold it at a high point. i didn't say i've sold it all, just the stuff that really isn't worth what i got for it. people seem to be in the habit of hovering up all sorts at silly prices.

i've made better money than i ever could through savings to buy stuff i needed and couldn't afford, what's wrong with that?

i'll go along with your argument that it's an appreciating asset, but how much higher will it go? that's the gamble. for those that don't want to take the chance of their collection maybe dropping in value, why not sell up and get the reward?

you'll only realise an asset when you sell, otherwise it's just a number on a piece of paper surely?

Last edited by hoskib; 29 July 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 06:44 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

worth much?
Arr, if only you had the oversize bangle earrings, gold clown, soveriegn and keeper ring combo..........................

Old 29 July 2010, 07:12 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

[B]

i must be bored this was qouted by you in another thread

Gold is the one to watch, could be a buying opportunity developing for those who have missed out so far. Down to a 3 month low, if it drops much lower I'm going to buy as much as I can and wait for $1500 whilst I rub my precious with glee.

so you're thinking about buying at the three month low of about $1100? to sell at your guestimate $1500?

and you're having a dig about me selling, when the bits i bought were bought a few years ago when gold was about $600 and i sold when it reached about $1150.

for money in my pocket, not just an assumption.

no you're right, i'm not very good at this at all am i?

don't want to come across as a cocky ****** by the way, this is just banter and i was just lucky with how it turned out. good luck with your investing

Last edited by hoskib; 29 July 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 07:47 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

i must be bored this was qouted by you in another thread

Gold is the one to watch, could be a buying opportunity developing for those who have missed out so far. Down to a 3 month low, if it drops much lower I'm going to buy as much as I can and wait for $1500 whilst I rub my precious with glee.

so you're thinking about buying at the three month low of about $1100? to sell at your guestimate $1500?

and you're having a dig about me selling, when the bits i bought were bought a few years ago when gold was about $600 and i sold when it reached about $1150.

for money in my pocket, not just an assumption.

no you're right, i'm not very good at this at all am i?

don't want to come across as a cocky ****** by the way, this is just banter and i was just lucky with how it turned out. good luck with your investing

You need to get your facts straight my friend and have a long look at a thread started by Glesgakiss entitled something like 'any other short term traders here'

In it you will see that I have bought the majority of my gold at approx $650 and in fairly significant amounts, not just the odd sovereign and 'bits of tat' that you refer to. I also argued with some so called 'professional' traders on that thread that gold would continue to rise when they said otherwise and predicted a fall. (Based on some pathetic chartist analysis, seemingly blind to whats actually happening in the world)

My point was that as gold dips this may well be another opportunity to buy, especially for those who haven't invested at all (look back at the post, it clearly says for those who haven't managed any exposure as yet) If it dips to $1100 I will certainly be buying some more. I can see nothing but upside for gold and will put my money where my mouth is

Now as for you coming across as a 'cocky ******'? As somebody who has to sell his old jewellery/tat/sovereigns to get by, don't worry you'll never come across as cocky

Last edited by Dingdongler; 29 July 2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 08:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Da One yhpm

BTW my contact concurs with Dingdongler - In her humble opinion

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 July 2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 08:27 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

You need to get your facts straight my friend and have a long look at a thread started by Glesgakiss entitled something like 'any other short term traders here'

In it you will see that I have bought the majority of my gold at approx $650 and in fairly significant amounts, not just the odd sovereign and 'bits of tat' that you refer to. I also argued with some so called 'professional' traders on that thread that gold would continue to rise when they said otherwise and predicted a fall. (Based on some pathetic chartist analysis, seemingly blind to whats actually happening in the world)

My point was that as gold dips this may well be another opportunity to buy, especially for those who haven't invested at all (look back at the post, it clearly says for those who haven't managed any exposure as yet) If it dips to $1100 I will certainly be buying some more. I can see nothing but upside for gold and will put my money where my mouth is

Now as for you coming across as a 'cocky ******'? As somebody who has to sell his old jewellery/tat/sovereigns to get by, don't worry you'll never come across as cocky

no, i hadn't read that thread. i just clicked on the first search result that poped up with gold next to your name. that was how i made my (wrong) guess to your figures, you've certainly dipped in at the right time by the sounds of it

all i was trying to say was that if you have gold laying about that you no longer use/wear it is a very good time to sell. if it's bits that were bought over a few years ago you'll make a great return.

if you don't need the money, fine, take a chance. but it really is an ideal opportunity to make some good money for stuff that most people leave at the back of a drawer.

i (assume) you've got some large investment, but i think a lot of people are just trying to make some easy money. world of difference, hence our different outlooks.

as for selling to 'get by', i think your facts need straightening there mate, i only dabble as a hobby and for a bit of fun and it's worked out really well from my point of view, that's why i'm really happy with what i've earned from it so far
Old 29 July 2010, 08:29 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

er no, gordon brown told everyone he was selling it which drove the value down so he sold it for next to **** all.

i've bought it low and sold it at a high point. i didn't say i've sold it all, just the stuff that really isn't worth what i got for it. people seem to be in the habit of hovering up all sorts at silly prices.

i've made better money than i ever could through savings to buy stuff i needed and couldn't afford, what's wrong with that?

i'll go along with your argument that it's an appreciating asset, but how much higher will it go? that's the gamble. for those that don't want to take the chance of their collection maybe dropping in value, why not sell up and get the reward?

you'll only realise an asset when you sell, otherwise it's just a number on a piece of paper surely?
As long as our paper currencies are around, Gold will only rise against them in the long-term, because they are losing value... that's the main thing that's happening. Ok, maybe it'll come off a bit for a few years, but in the long-term it will only be priced higher in fiat currencies. It doesn't have to appreciate forever to be worth having... it isn't just an appreciating asset, it's a metal with an intrinsic value which has stayed constant for thousands of years. Totally different thing to people buying houses because they see them as an 'appreciating asset' and consider them a good investment.

Quick Reply: what is a 55g 9ct gold chain worth