Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Speaking of Facebook...

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2010, 04:23 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Speaking of Facebook...

I've noticed that they no longer give you the option to keep your comments to groups and your friends private. So if you post on someone else's wall, it appears in your friends' news feed. Is there no way round this? I'm not a miserable git, but I don't want everything I type on someone else's wall to automatically be put in a news feed, or show up on my page letting people know I've left a message on someone else's page.
Old 15 July 2010, 05:15 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed no one gives a **** unless you tell them you want a crap and a McDonalds
Old 15 July 2010, 05:24 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

But Facebook is a show-off site It makes you more popular if others can read what you write. If you are so private with plenty of mates to talk to in real life (like myself, I mean!), just don't go on FB, mate. LOL just winding FB lovers up, I am. You can always use the private chat system, some say. It is a little, crappy box at the right bottom, I think. There is also a private messaging system on there as well. But that is only a 1-to-1 option. They should have a tab underneath to press, saying, "FB Genie, make my comment invisible to the ones I don't like, or I don't know." I have heard that Apple may take responsibility to evolve the new FB like new iPhone4, but then the power could go dodgey if you explored the bottom lelft of FB

Last edited by Turbohot; 15 July 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 15 July 2010, 05:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

The solution, is to only post stuff that you don't really care what others think about, and/or is amusing.

Like taking a delicious fruity turd, while eating a Mcdonalds
Old 15 July 2010, 06:54 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I've noticed that they no longer give you the option to keep your comments to groups and your friends private. So if you post on someone else's wall, it appears in your friends' news feed. Is there no way round this? I'm not a miserable git, but I don't want everything I type on someone else's wall to automatically be put in a news feed, or show up on my page letting people know I've left a message on someone else's page.

I just noticed the same... flippin FB.

mind you, I'm now deleting ppl on my 'friends' list as its now more koool to have less friends than more... less than 100 good.. less than 80 even better...... and i know all on my list! lol
Old 17 July 2010, 12:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Facebook seems unspeakable to me!

Les
Old 17 July 2010, 12:33 PM
LEUVEN
Scooby Regular

I have around 15 friends (none of which are family and all but one I know in real life) theres also a few on there I know but can't be arsed adding because facebook is just ...meh!

So I'm either really sad or really cool.

I have noticed however than people post the daftest things like the above "having crap and eating McD's"
but nobody ever posts, sat at PC typing crap on Facebook.

Trending Topics

Old 17 July 2010, 01:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEUVEN
I have around 15 friends (none of which are family and all but one I know in real life) theres also a few on there I know but can't be arsed adding because facebook is just ...meh!

So I'm either really sad or really cool.

I have noticed however than people post the daftest things like the above "having crap and eating McD's"
but nobody ever posts, sat at PC typing crap on Facebook.
[/quote]

I am as sad as you.

Out of approx. 30 contacts of mine, I have physically seen 5 in real life 3 out of them are my regular friends, who I can talk face-to-face, anyway.

To my understanding, "Unimportant to others" personal data e.g. "I ate a burger today" would be shared on FB with existing friends, because they may find your script (or a burger!) stimulating, and react in return. Friends of friends and strangers may also find your script interesting, and add to your contacts, who knows.

Facebook doesn't work for me, as occasionally, I like topical debates on tinterbet with a bunch of strangers. Therefore, forums are okay for me. I prefer personal chit-chat with my real friends and family over the phone, or in person. I see no point in sharing major or minor thoughts and my life events on the FB. I find it pointless.

One good thing that did happen to me via FB was that an overseas childhood sportsmate found me on FB, and connected with me via a PM. It was great to know that he now owns a law firm, has a beaultiful wife and 2 lovely children. So, there we are.
Old 17 July 2010, 01:41 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i have 29 friends who i have all met in real life. that makes me uber cool