Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2010, 12:12 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Subaru UK - Price Increase

I see I.M are putting prices up

By 4% too

That'll be another grand on the price of an STI then - that'll help sales!.
Old 24 June 2010, 12:22 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no doubt exchange rate is killing them
Old 24 June 2010, 12:37 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Yup, way overdue in my opinion. Although now with many sti engines failing, this just reduce the number of buyers even further. End of an era.
Old 24 June 2010, 12:39 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

yeah think i agree, subaru's days int he uk are coming to an end, real shame and all came about cos of a daft idea of a hatchback
Old 24 June 2010, 03:31 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Yes, I just received an email saying "Buy now!". I don't think I will unfortunately.

Steve
Old 24 June 2010, 04:25 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Yup, way overdue in my opinion. Although now with many sti engines failing, this just reduce the number of buyers even further. End of an era.
Subaru engines have been failing since the dawn of time though
Old 24 June 2010, 08:47 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Not to mention that they are all in the £750 per year tax bank....bye bye I.M.
Old 24 June 2010, 10:00 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

I.M Suspended Imports of Daihatsu's at the beginning of the year due to the stength of the YEN. Now a lot of Daihatsu dealerships have no stock to sell. I beleive I.M are also now importing Chinese cars instead.....
Old 24 June 2010, 11:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yep, got my e-mail ..... buy now before it's too late!!!

It is too late, but not for me - for you, Subaru!!!

I wanted to buy another Subaru - I really did .... but there wasn't one which made me want it badly enough to swallow the running costs. The competition hasn't caught up, it has overtaken and blown dust in Subaru's face

£950 first year car tax, £435 a year after that, 22mpg, residuals on the floor, interior plastic from the potting shed, equipment levels of a milkfloat ......

It's sad, but Subaru's days in the UK are numbered ..... 2011 will see them disappear here.
Old 24 June 2010, 11:59 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

ive been down to subaru today on training , and they are quite hopefull it will pick up , its the cost of parts that is killin gthem , and the E U with the euro 5 emmissions policy .

Im not being funny have you ever owned a alfa or a vauxhall , how many times do they break down ,

We see scoobies every day and the well serviced and Maintained ones never have probs ,

Also you may find that the engine failures are half imports that havent had the remap at first service ..

We have had a couple of cyprus imports that have blown up, and they covered them under warranty but they didnt have to ..

Also if you are spending 25k on a car you can afford 750 to tax it .
Old 25 June 2010, 07:27 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1
ive been down to subaru today on training , and they are quite hopefull it will pick up , its the cost of parts that is killin gthem , and the E U with the euro 5 emmissions policy .

Im not being funny have you ever owned a alfa or a vauxhall , how many times do they break down ,

We see scoobies every day and the well serviced and Maintained ones never have probs ,

Also you may find that the engine failures are half imports that havent had the remap at first service ..

We have had a couple of cyprus imports that have blown up, and they covered them under warranty but they didnt have to ..

Also if you are spending 25k on a car you can afford 750 to tax it .
Keep talking the Subaru talk - perhaps someone may be listening and buy a new one.
In the meantime I'll remember the UK car 2.5 head gasket failures, piston problems and mapping errors plus the all of the above negative points that have made me vow not to buy Subaru again.
Old 25 June 2010, 11:59 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by Butty
Keep talking the Subaru talk - perhaps someone may be listening and buy a new one.
In the meantime I'll remember the UK car 2.5 head gasket failures, piston problems and mapping errors plus the all of the above negative points that have made me vow not to buy Subaru again.
I'll add to that with all the suspension problems on the 02+ models, shockingly bad dealers and a warranty that you virtually had to fight IM in order to get a repair.
Old 25 June 2010, 12:17 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

G00ner
I had one of the first UK STI's in 2002 (Prodrive style version)
Yes it had a rear strut knocking, but I can honestly say that IM appeared to do all they could to cure it - as did my dealer.
That car had no fewer that 6 replacement struts and a rear diff (incase that was knocking)
OK - yes this cost me time off work etc.
The noise never actually went away, but in the end it was cured probably 85%

Touch wood - i've never had to fight with regards to a warranty claim and I hope I never will.
I do see myself as a very loyal customer with a reasonable history of new cars from them - so maybe that helps, I don't know - 5 new cars in 10/11 years.
Old 25 June 2010, 01:46 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

I wanted to buy another Subaru - I really did .... but there wasn't one which made me want it badly enough to swallow the running costs. The competition hasn't caught up, it has overtaken and blown dust in Subaru's face

£950 first year car tax, £435 a year after that, 22mpg, residuals on the floor, interior plastic from the potting shed, equipment levels of a milkfloat ......

It's sad, but Subaru's days in the UK are numbered ..... 2011 will see them disappear here.
Thats an eye opener to me alright. Can't believe the charges for road tax etc. Whats all this first year car tax bit? Did not know about that, how can that be justified let alone the subsequent charges.

Think I will stick to the Mini Cooper then. Its got a good enough performance in today's heavy traffic anyway, as much as I do miss my STi now.

Les
Old 25 June 2010, 02:13 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Yeah, based on CO2 after 01/04/2010 there is a first year tax premium of probably what he says.
Car tax is probably what he says and remember that they back dated car tax bands to cars after a certain age.
Old 25 June 2010, 04:07 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Its about time IM took me out to dinner or something

1999 Turbo 2000
2003 WRX
2006 WRX PPP
2010 WRX STI

Ive only missed the bug eye model, all from new.
Old 25 June 2010, 04:11 PM
midge1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pslewis

I will guarantee you will be wrong. Im sure IM will be here for many more years to come. Infact I can just see them now jumping for joy knowing they dont have to sell any of you idiots another car.

You people keep forgetting that "Subaru" not only represents, Type UK, Spec C, RA, Turbo, WRX, STI or any other permitation of the above but other cars (Legacy, Outback, Forester) that normal people drive, who get on with their dealers, who are willing to take it back there for service, who are ordinary people that use the cars for the normal things, who dont modify them and complain when they go wrong...... etc etc.
Old 25 June 2010, 04:14 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Not to mention the new boxer diesels, although the new hike puts it more inline with the A3. On the flip side thats made of potting shed plastics too in places.
Old 25 June 2010, 06:00 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Its about time IM took me out to dinner or something

1999 Turbo 2000
2003 WRX
2006 WRX PPP
2010 WRX STI

Ive only missed the bug eye model, all from new.
Better make another reservation

1999 Turbo 2000
2000 Turbo 2000
2002 Prodrive Style STI with PPP
2005 STI with PPP
2010 330S

All from new too.
Old 25 June 2010, 06:13 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Better make another reservation

1999 Turbo 2000
2000 Turbo 2000
2002 Prodrive Style STI with PPP
2005 STI with PPP
2010 330S

All from new too.
You get dessert too with that
Old 25 June 2010, 08:58 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

at least there is a few more subaru lovers , thats why this website has 150,000 members !!!!!! and the odd one do nothing but moan , it really bugs me ..... dont see them moaning about petrol prices and making a stand against that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just moan about the car they drive , if the dont like it sell it , or just dont buy one ...

I agree the new boxer diesel is a great car , not really had many faults with them , had one in for service the other day done 140k allready , and they are going to buy another one .

rich

Last edited by richgreenscooby1; 25 June 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 26 June 2010, 09:35 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

G00ner
Yes it had a rear strut knocking, but I can honestly say that IM appeared to do all they could to cure it - as did my dealer.
That car had no fewer that 6 replacement struts and a rear diff (incase that was knocking)

Touch wood - i've never had to fight with regards to a warranty claim and I hope I never will.
I do see myself as a very loyal customer with a reasonable history of new cars from them - so maybe that helps, I don't know - 5 new cars in 10/11 years.
My 02 was the same as yours, gave up with it in the end and got shot of it. The dealer (Sparshatts), completely and utterly useless, 8 visits (full day at a time) and never even had a strut changed. Funny how the dealer that I chopped it in with managed to get the car straight on their forecourt with a fresh pair of rear struts though, even though I'd waited 6 months.

New 01 WRX- PPP
New 02 STi - Prodrive Style and PPP, springs etc
New 04 - Legacy SE Tourer
New 06 - Legacy Spec B Tourer

Never again, and if I did, I wouldn't buy a UK car.

Also, new Impreza , new Legacy , new Forester
Old 26 June 2010, 09:46 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midge1
I will guarantee you will be wrong. Im sure IM will be here for many more years to come. Infact I can just see them now jumping for joy knowing they dont have to sell any of you idiots another car.

You people keep forgetting that "Subaru" not only represents, Type UK, Spec C, RA, Turbo, WRX, STI or any other permitation of the above but other cars (Legacy, Outback, Forester) that normal people drive, who get on with their dealers, who are willing to take it back there for service, who are ordinary people that use the cars for the normal things, who dont modify them and complain when they go wrong...... etc etc.
I'm in the market for a "normal" diesel 4x4 and was very disappointed by the Forester in terms of quality, looks, spec and price against its rivals (e.g. Skoda Yeti). The new price rise just won't help.
I started off in the Subaru clan with a Forester some 10 years ago, but there would never have been my long term allegiance if the current offering had been sold back then.
Old 26 June 2010, 09:52 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

G00ner

My 02 was the same as yours, gave up with it in the end and got shot of it. The dealer (Sparshatts), completely and utterly useless, 8 visits (full day at a time) and never even had a strut changed. Funny how the dealer that I chopped it in with managed to get the car straight on their forecourt with a fresh pair of rear struts though, even though I'd waited 6 months.

New 01 WRX- PPP
New 02 STi - Prodrive Style and PPP, springs etc
New 04 - Legacy SE Tourer
New 06 - Legacy Spec B Tourer

Never again, and if I did, I wouldn't buy a UK car.

Also, new Impreza , new Legacy , new Forester
Old 26 June 2010, 10:04 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

2001 WRX
2002 STi
2003 STi PPP
2005 STi PPP

Been a while and if those tax prices Pete posted are true I can't see myself leaving the German marques. Jeez you can even get a porsche under 200 co2!
Old 26 June 2010, 10:23 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How many other cars do you shed out 1k for road tax , i wonder
Old 26 June 2010, 11:45 AM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1
at least there is a few more subaru lovers , thats why this website has 150,000 members !!!!!! and the odd one do nothing but moan , it really bugs me ..... dont see them moaning about petrol prices and making a stand against that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No just moan about the car they drive , if the dont like it sell it , or just dont buy one ...

I agree the new boxer diesel is a great car , not really had many faults with them , had one in for service the other day done 140k allready , and they are going to buy another one .

rich
Many of the adverse comments are from ex Subaru owners.
For similarly specified cars the Impreza running costs are comparable.

Mouser.