Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

And It Begins Tomorrow .....

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2010, 09:04 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face And It Begins Tomorrow .....

The beginning of what it is like to live under a Tory led Government ......

For all those who voted Tory and slammed Labour - I hope you enjoy the ride that is to start in the Budget tomorrow.

As you squeal and squirm under the sudden impact of rising motoring (and other) costs .. bear in mind that Labour are saying to wait until the recovery is well established before inflicting the financial pain.

Fasten your safety belts, tuck your arms in, lift your legs up ..... the Roller Coaster is about to begin!
Old 21 June 2010, 09:25 AM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are all fcuked anyway Pete, the budget will just confirm that instead of burying our heads in the sand for another year & getting further in debt.

And yes, I remember the last Tory govt & the recession.
Old 21 June 2010, 09:35 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Give it a rest, Pete. It's got to happen, Lying Labour left us in a hole, and if we don't start climbing out soon, we'll be fcuked.
Old 21 June 2010, 09:49 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Pete

To be fair, anyone who got into power, Tories, Labour, LibDems or as in this case a Tory/LibDem Coalition would have had to give a really $h1tty budget. The last Labour government was trying to obfuscate the fact as they knew they only had a minimal chance anyway and announcing that after 10+ years of Labour rule they were going to dump on the electorate again would have trully scuppered any chance they had. At least the Tories were honest and told us before the election we were going to have a tough budget once they got in.
Old 21 June 2010, 09:51 AM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Responsibility. Its a long forgotten concept.
Old 21 June 2010, 10:06 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

and Good-bye to all the imaginary *positions* created under a labour government - youll have to get a real job now !
Another couple of years and we'd be like Iceland , thank christ the populous had their thinking hats is all i can say ,

Less NI for any co's outside of the south -east , any more smart ideas in the offing i wonder
Old 21 June 2010, 10:10 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

At least the debt will start to be managed now rather than borrowing more and more. Labour had their chance and F*cked it.
Old 21 June 2010, 10:14 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

bring it on!
Old 21 June 2010, 10:39 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
bring it on!
+1
Thank heavens its finally going to start getting sorted out.
Im sure you will be fine though Pete, after 12 amazing years under the reds.
Old 21 June 2010, 10:42 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Blaming the tories for this budget is like if the big boys pushed you over and you grazed your knee and then you blamed the school nurse when she put TCP on it.

Billions of £ debt to clear, I am prepared to pay more tax to help do my bit, If we dont all pitch in then we will never be in the black again.
Old 21 June 2010, 11:06 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

For all those who voted Tory and slammed Labour - I hope you enjoy the ride that is to start in the Budget tomorrow.

As you squeal and squirm under the sudden impact of rising motoring (and other) costs .. bear in mind that Labour are saying to wait until the recovery is well established before inflicting the financial pain.

Fasten your safety belts, tuck your arms in, lift your legs up ..... the Roller Coaster is about to begin!
......trying to clear things up and recover after the mess Labour left it in!
Old 21 June 2010, 11:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its such a shame Pete when you think that after the Conservatives left the economy so strong when your heros gained power that it only took them 4 years to negate all that and keep going downhill financially ever since increasing our national debt such that the interest cost alone is over £1 billion per week! They actively encouraged the bankers to further wreck the economy such that they trousered all that cash and took our taxes off us to keep them going in the same vein!

Some record Pete, not the sort of thing I would want to write home about. And you won't even have an answer to what I just said either.

Les
Old 21 June 2010, 11:19 AM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

Don't worry, he'll have an answer alright, but why this guy constantly pushes everyone out of the way so that he can get to the front of the queue and consistantly promote himself as the biggest t*t in scoobynet is beyond me.
Old 21 June 2010, 11:41 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

All brought on by the previous bunch of spaz monkeys
Old 21 June 2010, 11:58 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Have to say I remain unconvinced that whatever happens tomorrow and over the coming years is really going to do anything other than stave or bankruptcy for an extra few years.

They are putting up flood defences that will ultimately fail. All they are going to do is buy is some more time.
Old 21 June 2010, 11:58 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Have to say I remain unconvinced that whatever happens tomorrow and over the coming years is really going to do anything other than stave or bankruptcy for an extra few years.

They are putting up flood defences that will ultimately fail. All they are going to do is buy is some more time.
Old 21 June 2010, 12:09 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott

They have achieved recovery in the face of serious problems before, and I expect they will do it again. But it will be painful, can't be much else really in the such a serious situation in which that the country has been dumped.

Les
Old 21 June 2010, 12:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Pete's on a wind-up again! Trying to see if he can start another thread as long as his house price thread .....

Dave
He is nothing if not predictable Dave!

Les
Old 21 June 2010, 12:19 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
They have achieved recovery in the face of serious problems before, and I expect they will do it again. But it will be painful, can't be much else really in the such a serious situation in which that the country has been dumped.

Les
The state lying Labour has left this country in is a f,cking disgrace they should be deleted from existance so they can never get the opportunity to do the same again.
Old 21 June 2010, 12:24 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
The state lying Labour has left this country in is a f,cking disgrace they should be deleted from existance so they can never get the opportunity to do the same again.
But everyone in Scotland loves them.

I like it how the priority by the majority of Scottish politicians is to 'protect' us from public spending cuts and tax rises. The morons - and the people voting for them - obviously think we should keep piling up debt so their quality of life isn't affected.
Old 21 June 2010, 12:33 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
But everyone in Scotland loves them.
That would be all of the Neds/chavs and people who 'wont' work and live off of claiming benefits.
Old 21 June 2010, 12:43 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is there's so many of them!
Old 21 June 2010, 01:32 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Good grief, just how were labour going to avoid it?!

TX.

Old 21 June 2010, 01:38 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Im sure we wont be cutting the aid to other countries or bringing out troops home ...

Oh and making poor people do without a car, sky tv and ****.... most Single mothers are now better off than hard working people......

Im sure it will be left to the middle class will get us out of the mess !
Old 21 June 2010, 02:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's just see how tough they really are on benefit cuts, they need to be fairly harsh but to do so could see them straight out on their ***** at the next election.
Anyone on the dole for more than 9 months, get them out cleaning the streets fot their money. Then again seeing some of the knuckle draggers at the dole office, I doubt that is beyond what their IQ could handle.
Old 21 June 2010, 03:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Good grief, just how were labour going to avoid it?!

TX.
By pretending everything is fine an dandy mainly
Old 21 June 2010, 06:46 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

I honestly believe if the government got all the scroungers doing community service for there benefits there would be no need to be on benefits for most as they will gain skills to help them get better paying jobs than jobseekers allowance.
Or as a second option tough love everyone who has a council house gets the MINIMUM paid for such as the elec/gas/water with£60 a week food vouchers for a two person house hold they would have no luxuries getting drunk and smoking 40 a day like my **** head neighbours!
Old 21 June 2010, 06:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying we must not cut - just not yet, let's get the recovery well under way first.

The Tories have made the wrong calls all the way through the recession, as is fully documented - I think they are calling it wrong again.

Yes, cut benefits .... but get ready for a crimewave, the lazy gits will still want their SKY+, ciggies, export and betting slips - they will steal for it if they get no benefits.
Old 21 June 2010, 07:23 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I think as a relatively high earner I will be high on the target list I don't mind a rise in tax as long as they increase the figure before you start paying 40% tax.

Quick Reply: And It Begins Tomorrow .....