Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Debt Repayment Agency Rip Off.

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2010, 08:56 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Debt Repayment Agency Rip Off.

My daughter, like many people found her self struggling last year to pay her debts. Again, like many she contacted "A Government Approved" Company to help her out.

So July last year she signed up with Chase Saunders. Her creditors have been badgering her lately for extra payments, but she's been telling them that Chase Saunders are dealing with.

Well yesterday she had a bit fo a surprise when some heavies turned up to carry out CCJ action...........................

And why? Chase Saunder are a bunch of rip off merchants. She's totally destroyed she's been paying out for twelve months and not a single penny as been recieved by any of her creditors. She's young, naive and far to trusting and I could blame her but they are Government Approved and it's what the Government recommend people in trouble should do.

Habve a look at the link below, she's not the only one.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews237168.html
Old 17 June 2010, 09:03 AM
KevPage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear what's happened to your daughter, some good advice on CAG website (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/)

Good luck
Old 17 June 2010, 10:04 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Thanks mate. She's having a look at the link provided.

The annoying thing is that the Government of the day asked people not to get into debt and to use these agencies. She did everything right but got done over.
Old 17 June 2010, 10:18 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's probably not worth her bothering, but has she been in touch with them to see what is going on?

Also, has she still not been receiving statements from her creditors? I know you rely on them acting honesly, but it really is vital to keep a check of statements. This may not help now, but if she switches to a new company it's worth ensuring she does that.

Other thing, when you say creditors have been badgering her for extra payments, were they asking her to increase payments, or did they say she'd not been paying? Just seems quite harsh that bailiffs were sent if she wasn't told she had actually missed payments.
Old 17 June 2010, 10:41 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

When she started payments she was told by Chase Saunder not to get involved in conversations with her creditors and refer them direct to them.

Since she was informed of the problem it's like trying to get blood from a stone to get hold of Chase Saunders.
Old 17 June 2010, 10:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that is shameful behaviour and they should be well and truly sorted by the law.

Les
Old 17 June 2010, 12:24 PM
KevPage
Scooby Regular

Be careful with bailiff charges too, I just had a council tax bailiff demand over £200 in charges. I told him to "Go away" nicely and emailed his office and the actual amount of charges due was £24.50!!!! Robbing B-stard!

Dont let the bailiffs in the house and make sure you only talk to them via email or letter. If you dont let them in your house they cant take your stuff and they not allowed to break in
Old 17 June 2010, 01:22 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoa, sounds like it's really gotten out of control, sorry to hear that.

I've had a few cash flow problems myself due to a large drop in salary and had to sort out my finances before I starved to death!
Went to the CCCS (Consumer Credit Counselling Service) http://www.cccs.co.uk/ andc they have been massively helpful over the last six to twelve months.
I've had plenty of support and advice and not had to pay a penny to them.
They will do a financial breakdown of what she can and can't afford and draught letters and such for her to send to creditors.

Seriously, get your daughter to get in contact with them today and they will draught something that will show the court what is reasonable for her to pay. It felt like a massive weight off my shoulders after I spoke to the CCCS and suddenly I realised that it wasn't the end of the world.

Anyway, here's some reviews http://www.ciao.co.uk/Consumer_Credi..._CCCS__5330681

Good luck!

Cheers,

Tom
Old 17 June 2010, 05:45 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Just did a bit of googling on them

Looks like a scam company
I suspect a LOT of people have been scammed recently due to the downturn, had the odd balif threat myself about 6 months back

Managed to sort mine out myself in the end though, with the help of the missus, total nightmare of a time though.

Not happy with my current situation, its improving day on day, but if i am still paying bills then i cant winge too much.
Old 17 June 2010, 06:23 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

This is genuine and free........

National Debtline

Tricorn House
51-53 Hagley Road
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B16 8TP

Phone number

National helpline
0808 808 4000

Fax
0121 410 6230

website (opens new window)

Opening Hours
9.00 am to 9.00 pm Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 1.00 pm on Saturday

Good luck dl

Last edited by David Lock; 17 June 2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 17 June 2010, 07:45 PM
Westwood2006
Scooby Regular

This sounds like a terrible mess... I hope this gets sorted soon.

But while I obviously don't know the whole story.... one would hope she learns from this episode and becomes a bit better with money in the future!
Old 18 June 2010, 11:14 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Westwood, I hope so to. But like many she fell victim to the "yes you can have loads off doss" banking system. But she forgot to ask me and I am sure I could have help her sooner if I had know. It's what dad's do.

She's been in contact with the OFT and DEMSA. They have both recommended a company with a good track record and are Certified by them. The other company was but they went and truly ****ed it up.