Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11th your point is ?
Old 13 June 2010, 07:30 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
proof any muppet can win/try and win /cheat in F1
Clearly as a muppet yourself, why don't you go and win 7 world championships if it's that easy?
Old 13 June 2010, 07:50 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Must say tho,he shouldnt of come back, the legacy he had and will have is good but coming back and achieving,well,nothing,compared to his past achievments is sad.

Mansell tried - failed

Next,mika hakkinen will be back !
Old 13 June 2010, 08:09 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I actually think his moves, although very firm, were not *that* unfair.

E.g, Kubica went off on his own after MS braked too late. He gave him just enough room on the pit exit - maybe only just though.

He is a hard racer, and he has always been a hard racer. He cant start moving over now just because he is in the midfield.

I think he needs to take a moment to "reset" his mind. The problem is MS is at the very top of the tree, so when another driver needs what they call "coaching" i.e a bloody good talking too, they look to drivers like MS to educate them... but there is no one to coach MS. Although I am sure a certain Mr Hill would have go!

I think MS needs to take a step back now and just get the team into the right place ready for next year. If the team see him pushing the limits and not getting the results it will screw them up for next year.
Old 13 June 2010, 08:48 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Mansell tried - failed
He did win a race in his comeback, and out qualified Schumacher and Hill in the process.
Old 13 June 2010, 08:50 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's German,,,,,,end of
Old 13 June 2010, 10:15 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid

E.g, Kubica went off on his own after MS braked too late. He gave him just enough room on the pit exit - maybe only just though.

He is a hard racer, and he has always been a hard racer. He cant start moving over now just because he is in the midfield.

I think he needs to take a moment to "reset" his mind. The problem is MS is at the very top of the tree, so when another driver needs what they call "coaching" i.e a bloody good talking too, they look to drivers like MS to educate them... but there is no one to coach MS. Although I am sure a certain Mr Hill would have go!

I think MS needs to take a step back now and just get the team into the right place ready for next year. If the team see him pushing the limits and not getting the results it will screw them up for next year.
At least some one on this thread saw what I was on about
Old 13 June 2010, 10:19 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

What were you on about ian ?
Old 13 June 2010, 10:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

embarrassing really , still they did well in the footie
Old 14 June 2010, 12:45 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid

This.
Old 14 June 2010, 03:34 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

He should have been penalized for his move on Massa, serious tyre wear or not.

One could be harsh and say he is harking back to his well known old form of cheating if he cannot get his own way.

It does amuse me that he's not had this miraculous comeback that many thought he would. Oh, he's biding his time, I forgot

Yes, I loathe him and am more than happy to admit I grin when I see him being harried by Force India. Of course they would never have got near him if his tyres were good, then again, perhaps they would have.

It would be interesting to see him really go toe to toe with the front runners, to see if he really is still as good as he used to be. He is still a very good driver, that I will admit, maybe it's the car, maybe his heart isn't totally in it any more.
Old 14 June 2010, 04:56 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I grin when I see him being harried by Force India
Those FI cars seem to be coming on a bit strong. Liuzzi gave Massa trouble all day after qualifying strong too, along with Sutil. Massa is no slouch, although seems not as potent since that accident. The Ferrari might not be the most amazing car out there, but Alonso does OK with it, so for FI to be challenging them is quite startling.
Old 14 June 2010, 05:00 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX
At least some one on this thread saw what I was on about
Totally contradicted yourself.
Old 14 June 2010, 09:17 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Totally contradicted yourself.
Brilliant!

Kubica - went off in his own accord.
Massa - hit schumacher - Spoonface moved once and then moved back to take the racing line to take the corner that is was entitled to do.

As said by someone else, 7 World Championships?? Does he need to please anyone anymore?
No. The man is having fun and I am sure that he will win a race this year. Probably Spa or Suzuka.
Old 14 June 2010, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He is a win at all costs merchant, and that includes cheating!

Leopards don't change their spots as they say!

Les
Old 14 June 2010, 12:07 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

I've seen a lot worse behaviour, however he never yielded during his reign and I doubt he's about to start now.

Massas incident was a bit cheeky though, however it was an abysmal weekend for him in general.

Personally I don't think he should have come back - he has nothing to prove and a lot lose if he doesn't deliver

I can't see him winning a race this season
Old 14 June 2010, 01:09 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
I've seen a lot worse behaviour, however he never yielded during his reign and I doubt he's about to start now.

Massas incident was a bit cheeky though, however it was an abysmal weekend for him in general.

Personally I don't think he should have come back - he has nothing to prove and a lot lose if he doesn't deliver

I can't see him winning a race this season
Yes I agree with you. but deliberately blocking the track to prevent his rival from getting a chance of the pole is certainly not within the realms of sporting behaviour, neither is steering into your opponent to take him out of the race so that you can win the championship! I don't think you can include that kind of behaviour as just "not yielding".

Les
Old 14 June 2010, 01:27 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

No Les, but Schumacher is not the only one to do these things. It was only due to him constantly being in the championship hunt for 15 years that made the odd foul seem to stick to his back. Who else dominated a sport like did?
Old 14 June 2010, 01:35 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Everyone loves Senna, but he cheated quite a few times. Put Prost in a wall at 180mph once.
He also said before one race that either he would lead out of the 1st corner or he would take Prost out and sure enough he did. Yet noone has ever complained about him cheating.

People used to be able to get away with that kind of thing. Schumacher was the last to be able to do it.

I still think Schumi has a chance of sorting out that team. He had a puncture in the race and probably would have finished 6th if he hadn't and thats not too bad really is it. The top runners have better cars at the moment
Old 14 June 2010, 01:36 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
Everyone loves Senna, but he cheated quite a few times. Put Prost in a wall at 180mph once.
He also said before one race that either he would lead out of the 1st corner or he would take Prost out and sure enough he did. Yet noone has ever complained about him cheating.

People used to be able to get away with that kind of thing. Schumacher was the last to be able to do it.

I still think Schumi has a chance of sorting out that team. He had a puncture in the race and probably would have finished 6th if he hadn't and thats not too bad really is it. The top runners have better cars at the moment
Agreed.
Old 14 June 2010, 02:08 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

+1.

Just watch some BTCC!!! They spin other drivers off all the time, like every single race. Plato even said last weekend at Oulton "its part of racing". Very true. You cant do it quite as easy in open wheelers but you move into their space - same thing.
Old 14 June 2010, 02:08 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Yeah, he will get the team sorted, but they won't be competitive this season.
Old 14 June 2010, 09:59 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

That is very true - but Senna had the good sense to die.
Old 14 June 2010, 10:01 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I thought people only loved Senna when he was dead.

Before then he was thought of as a cheat.
Old 14 June 2010, 10:38 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is very true - but Senna had the good sense to die.
What sort of a comment is that exactly??????
Old 15 June 2010, 07:18 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
What sort of a comment is that exactly??????
Read the one above yours.
Old 15 June 2010, 07:52 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Old 15 June 2010, 10:26 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

From someone not afraid of giving his opinion.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...test-ever.html

Say what you want about his conduct within the sport but few can match this gesture.
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/01...ief/index.html
Old 15 June 2010, 10:57 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
No Les, but Schumacher is not the only one to do these things. It was only due to him constantly being in the championship hunt for 15 years that made the odd foul seem to stick to his back. Who else dominated a sport like did?
Whare did I say that Schumacher or Prost for that matter were not outstandingly talented drivers.

That does not excuse them in any way for their attitude towards stopping someone else from beating them by deliberate and dangerous fouls. This is supposed to be a sport after all! Drivers are supposed to attain success by the combination of a good car and skillfull driving, not by driving each other off the track perhap's even at the risk of serious injury. They have even made a move to stop the deliberate punting off in the BTCC races. If you want to watch stock car style driving then go to that type of meeting!

Racing car driving is not supposed to be regarded as a war to deliberately smash your opponents off the track for goodness sake. What are you thinking about? Do you regard it as the sort of thing you do in a bumping car and to hell with the consequences. Do you regard it as a sign of weakness if you accept that you have been outmanoeuvred into and out of a corner but have a go to beat the bloke at the next bend? Or is it ok by you to just punt the other bloke off anyway? Your hero is the very man to avoid getting you into a situation where he thinks he can get away with shoving you off!

Of course the idea of racing is to win, and that was my thinking over the years that I did it. But like all the other blokes in my class of racing, who also felt the same way, we would drive as hard as we could, do all the outbraking bit and hold the line in the corners etc. but not one of us would dream of driving another man off the track. We all felt we could trust the other drivers and we were also all good mates off the track. Winner bought the first round!

That was what I defined as "sport". Despite all the millions spent on F1, and all the sponsors etc. that is the spirit which should exist between the drivers still and I think in the main it still does. Any other way would quite rightly be the death knell of F1. Unless of course you would be happy to see it turn into a "Destruction Derby" Any driver seen by the observers of deliberate attempts at fouls should be very heavily dealt with by the authorities.

Les