Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2010, 10:10 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conspiracy Theories

Moon Rising

a Jose Escamilla film

Ufo on the moon the government covers it up, talk about clementines lunar image browser 1.5 and all the structures that have been blurred out by nasa.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C0B12859FE76F9

Its in nine parts each part about 10 minutes long, makes for pretty intresting viewing TBH, whats your thoughts?

Me? I welcome our new overlords
Old 10 June 2010, 10:34 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Unless its the US of A with their special vehicles that no one knows about, based on 1960`s crashed technology
Old 10 June 2010, 10:37 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

This would explain why 'they' or 'nobody else' has ever gone back though.
Old 10 June 2010, 11:02 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

I have a theory that theorists make loads of money promoting their theories.

Mouser.
Old 10 June 2010, 11:05 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

fodder for retards...

.. best of luck with that then

Old 11 June 2010, 12:47 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

I haven't the time to watch it now, but i will do in the future. But my only issue with these things is when you lay common sense over it, they never work out, and heres why i think so in this particular case;

If there were large structures, or alien spacecraft on the moon, why has nobody else spotted it with a home telescope? it can't be that difficult for an astronomer to view these parts of the moon using a telescope which could be used at home?

I may be wrong in the sense that telescopes with this magnitude of 'zooming' power would have to be the big telescopes contained in buildings, but i am pretty sure to look at a distance as far as the moon, then you could view it in some detail with a fairly cheap* telescope

* Cheap as far as telescopes go.
Old 11 June 2010, 12:56 AM
tathan
Scooby Regular

I've gotta say, I lump all the conspiracy lunatics into one folder but I'd like to make two points:

1) Surely ALL the conspiracies can't be wrong! One implausible thing must have happened somewhere

2) Why haven't we gone back to the moon? Even at worst case there must be boosters (Russian) who could lift 1960s design Apollo modules? In 40+ years nobody's fancied doing this? Or even refining it?

That said, I could rebuff 2) with the fact it was utterly pointless, didn't achieve anything apart from ***** waving, and incredibly pointless. Did I mention it was pointless? And no cargo, not much data...

Last edited by tathan; 11 June 2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11 June 2010, 02:56 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Truth or not some of the points raised on those clips are just utterly mind blowing.
Old 11 June 2010, 07:00 AM
chrisevo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
I haven't the time to watch it now, but i will do in the future. But my only issue with these things is when you lay common sense over it, they never work out, and heres why i think so in this particular case;

If there were large structures, or alien spacecraft on the moon, why has nobody else spotted it with a home telescope? it can't be that difficult for an astronomer to view these parts of the moon using a telescope which could be used at home?

I may be wrong in the sense that telescopes with this magnitude of 'zooming' power would have to be the big telescopes contained in buildings, but i am pretty sure to look at a distance as far as the moon, then you could view it in some detail with a fairly cheap* telescope

* Cheap as far as telescopes go.
I think these pictures are on the dark side of the Moon,so you wouldn't be able to see them,with a telescope.
Chris
Old 11 June 2010, 08:34 AM
chrisevo2000
Scooby Regular

Just watched all the videos.Makes you think.
Looks like it wasn't just the dark side of the Moon,either.
Chris
Old 11 June 2010, 09:15 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by tathan
I've gotta say, I lump all the conspiracy lunatics into one folder but I'd like to make two points:

1) Surely ALL the conspiracies can't be wrong! One implausible thing must have happened somewhere

2) Why haven't we gone back to the moon? Even at worst case there must be boosters (Russian) who could lift 1960s design Apollo modules? In 40+ years nobody's fancied doing this? Or even refining it?

That said, I could rebuff 2) with the fact it was utterly pointless, didn't achieve anything apart from ***** waving, and incredibly pointless. Did I mention it was pointless? And no cargo, not much data...
Going to the moon was massively expensive. I don't think people ralise just what an effort, financially as well as technologically, that it was. There wasn't really any more to be gained by going back for what it was going to cost.

Geezer
Old 11 June 2010, 10:33 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Re the telescope issue, for the light side of the moon.

To get a reasonable image (say 1m resolution) you would need something very, very powerful - the most powerful telescopes on earth.

Now, even at 1m resolution, the images are going to be very poor.

Even hubble could only get down to about 0.5m resolution on the Moon.

To get a good clear image from earth, like that you may see on some sci-fi type films from "spy sats" you would need a telescope with a mirror more than 3 miles wide....

As for the dark side, very few images exist.

Those that do have fairly large gaps here and there... censorship... maybe, or just equipment problems. Either way we dont know for 100% sure what is on the dark side.

I could believe there are structures. The reason for this is purely a time driven matter for me.

The solar system is about 4 and a bit billion years old. That is a long time. Long enough for lots of civilisations to have existed before us and then vanished again. Humans have been around for 200,000 ish years, but as a civilisation, only 10% of that. Before that time we were still evolving.

So in the grand scheme of things, even if you take the full 200,000 year human history, we have only been in existence for 0.004% (if my maths is right) of the time the solar system has been around... thats not very long at all and I am sure there has been "others" before us, even if not from this planet but maybe from Mars as it looks quite likely Mars was very much earth like about 1-2Bn years ago.

Either way, the chances of us ever finding out whats on the moon are fairly small IMHO as it will be many hundreds of years, maybe even thousands, before any person has the ability to fly there on their own and take a look...

My own thoughts are that an ELE occurs every 100 million years or so on this planet, and wipes out everything and we start again.

We are <1% into a 100 million year evolution of our species, so in say another 1 million years where might we be in terms of advances. Maybe a previous species from another planet made it to being fairly advanced and needed some of the resources off the moon? Who knows!
Old 11 June 2010, 10:43 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Watched the first two so far. What a load of popycock. The narrator refers to "objects" when all he can see are markings/blurs/whatever that he can not identify. He even goes as far as saying that they may be spacecraft or cities (and mentioned a large alien in a pressure suit). Well even I can do that. They may be large plates of jelly, 1.5 million watermelons in a strategic pile, well, anything really, they could even be natural!! think of that!

And when he used a high altitude picture of the earth to get the tones etc, so he can airbrush them onto the black and white pictures of the moon, then say later that you are now seeing the moon in it's natural, colours, I mean, come on...

Any btw, there's no "light" and "dark" side to the moon. There's a "near" and "far" side...
Old 11 June 2010, 11:06 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

What a crock.
Old 11 June 2010, 01:10 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a few mates who are mental when it comes to the conspiracy theory sides of things, does my head in. They actually have some belief in the David Ike Lizard people stuff!! Seriously!!!!
Old 11 June 2010, 01:15 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Ah, did we even land on the moon though

TX.
Old 11 June 2010, 01:42 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I had a long chat with Pete Conrad the Moon Rock man. He seemed to be an honest man and I saw no reason to doubt him.

Les
Old 11 June 2010, 02:33 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Consider that our "medium sized" galaxy contains hundreds of billion stars, with many that have planetary systems. Then consider that in the fraction of the universe that we can see there are over 200 billion galaxies in observable universe with potentially many times more than this number outside of this 14billion year old universe (current estimate!). Why would any alien come to visit a moon orbiting a tiny, in the grand scheme, an ordinary planet?
Old 11 June 2010, 03:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is no accounting for taste!

Les
Old 11 June 2010, 03:30 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Consider that our "medium sized" galaxy contains hundreds of billion stars, with many that have planetary systems. Then consider that in the fraction of the universe that we can see there are over 200 billion galaxies in observable universe with potentially many times more than this number outside of this 14billion year old universe (current estimate!). Why would any alien come to visit a moon orbiting a tiny, in the grand scheme, an ordinary planet?
You assume they come here - the facts are we are in a very stable solar system and the chances are we might well have had some kind of advanced life on one of the planets previously. Obviously we are talking proper sci-fi stuff here but its possible.
Old 11 June 2010, 04:13 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Some people will believe anything.
My mate told me they found intelligent life in Australia!!
Old 12 June 2010, 01:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Some people will believe anything.
My mate told me they found intelligent life in Australia!!
Darwin has its own motto, " Darwin is the duck's guts"

Les
Old 12 June 2010, 01:28 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I was told by a chap in the roughest pub in Milton Keynes that Scotland won the world cup 1932 six hours later he was shot dead, conspiracy no just a bellend
Old 12 June 2010, 01:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
I was told by a chap in the roughest pub in Milton Keynes that Scotland won the world cup 1932 six hours later he was shot dead, conspiracy no just a bellend
You are even older than I thought!

Les
Old 12 June 2010, 02:14 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

74 LES 74
Old 14 June 2010, 12:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
74 LES 74
Now I understand!

Les
Old 14 June 2010, 12:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Do I think we have been to the Moon? No. I don't believe we have the technology yet, and certainly not in the 1960's. Radiation would kill all astronauts. 0.7mm thick Aluminium and a paper suit won't stop radiation.

Do I think the film is correct and there has been Aliens on the Moon? Why not. To rule out that over the Billions of Galaxies, and the hundreds of Billions of Stars in each galaxy, and the Trillions of Planets that surround those stars, that there is not far more intelligent life than our own would be foolish.

Life is out there. Intelligent life. Only we are not intelligent enough yet to go out and search for it.
Old 14 June 2010, 01:37 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Nearest "life" will be too far away to ever get here. Can't exceed the speed of light + we have infinite space

TX.
Old 14 June 2010, 01:41 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Stillover, the nearest galaxy to us is 2 million light years away. Now lets say some aliens lived there, do you really think they could create the techonology to travel at the speed of light? And if they could they would have to travel for 2 million years to reach our galaxy. Do you think they could live that long on a spaceship?
Old 14 June 2010, 01:46 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by stilover
Do I think we have been to the Moon? No. I don't believe we have the technology yet, and certainly not in the 1960's. Radiation would kill all astronauts. 0.7mm thick Aluminium and a paper suit won't stop radiation.
That is BS, sorry. Coping with radiation in space is nothing like the conpiracy theorists would have you believe. Heavy linings produce an effect which can be more dangerous then the radiation they try to stop. Plastic, plexiglass, or even wood and water are more effective, and thin coverings are all that's needed.

The thickness that cospiracy theorists say you need would stop a nuclear explision!

Originally Posted by stilover
Do I think the film is correct and there has been Aliens on the Moon? Why not. To rule out that over the Billions of Galaxies, and the hundreds of Billions of Stars in each galaxy, and the Trillions of Planets that surround those stars, that there is not far more intelligent life than our own would be foolish.

Life is out there. Intelligent life. Only we are not intelligent enough yet to go out and search for it.
I'd agree with some of that, but not necessarily that they are here (or have ever been for that matter). The problems of inter-stellar travel are pretty large, even if you are technologically advanced.

Geezer

Last edited by Geezer; 14 June 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Conspiracy Theories