Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

It is so sad for the kids - they never get a chance!

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2010, 05:30 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is so sad for the kids - they never get a chance!

A very sad story of crass stupidity by a parent.

Methadone baby
Old 08 June 2010, 06:51 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Let's open the debate on selective sterilisation.
Old 08 June 2010, 06:53 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

The thing is, and I don't mean this to sound bad, but they shouldnt have had a chance in the first place. These people just shouldn't have kids!!
Old 08 June 2010, 07:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

they do it in Afghanistan !
Old 08 June 2010, 08:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

There was talk of putting cctv into the homes of children of drug/alcohol dependant paents but it was though to be an abuse of the parents human rights and privacy.

Yet again the rights of the scum of the earth outweigh those of the defenceless and innocent and the kids that do survive grow up wathing thier parents, thier role models take and abuse drugs.

rights win out over responsibilities...
Old 08 June 2010, 08:13 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
they do it in Afghanistan !

This country has always traditionally added gin.

M
Old 09 June 2010, 09:09 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
There was talk of putting cctv into the homes of children of drug/alcohol dependant paents but it was though to be an abuse of the parents human rights and privacy.

Yet again the rights of the scum of the earth outweigh those of the defenceless and innocent and the kids that do survive grow up wathing thier parents, thier role models take and abuse drugs.

rights win out over responsibilities...
I was at a job last night where the mother of a 4 year old girl and five year old lad, had stayed in bed all day. Their gran alerted us after their uncle told her what he had encountered when he popped round.

When we arrived, the mother was still in bed - and we were on the night shift - she had been there for 24+ hours. The kids had attempted to dress themselves.

They had also attempted to run a bath - flooding the bathroom and it was dripping through the ceiling.
They had attempted to cook dinner - the girl had touched the hob and has major burns on her hand.
Their attempt at breakfast was to eat Frosties, but they were scattered across the first floor from the flooding bathroom and being carried by the water overflowing from the bath and cascading down the stairs.
The young girl had also given her self a hair cut and the young lad had somehow given himself what is gooing to be a cracking a black eye.

All of this was because their mum was too out of it on drugs.

This was so bad that social services actually came out and took the kids to a shelter for the night - I've never known them actually do anything before!

And on a seperate note - there's a young girl on our division reporting some bloke tried to lure her and her friend to his van by offering them money. She gave the name of Shannon Matthews when reporting the job
Old 09 June 2010, 09:43 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

So have I got this right? The baby's mother invites two lesbian druggies, one of whom has robbed an old lady at knife point, into her house to look after her child?

Fecking unbelievable. Hope baby is not permanently damaged. dl
Old 09 June 2010, 09:52 AM
chrisevo2000
Scooby Regular

It is an absolute disgrace
Sterilisation is a great idea.These "people" can't look after themselves,so how can they possibly be allowed to have children?
If they want to destroy themselves,let them get on with it,but do do it to an innnocent child makes me sick.
Chris
Old 09 June 2010, 10:03 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

You can't sterilise people. I appreciate the reasons for wanting to but the government is in a catch 22.

Yes its disgusting and lets splash the hardships all over the media.

OK, sterilise the idiots - the media would have a field day over human rights.

The average individual is an intelligent being, the masses tend to be reduced to the lowest IQ in the group.

There really is nothing that can be done for the people themselves. Social services needs far more funding IMO.
Old 09 June 2010, 10:04 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I was at a job last night where the mother of a 4 year old girl and five year old lad, had stayed in bed all day. Their gran alerted us after their uncle told her what he had encountered when he popped round.

When we arrived, the mother was still in bed - and we were on the night shift - she had been there for 24+ hours. The kids had attempted to dress themselves.

They had also attempted to run a bath - flooding the bathroom and it was dripping through the ceiling.
They had attempted to cook dinner - the girl had touched the hob and has major burns on her hand.
Their attempt at breakfast was to eat Frosties, but they were scattered across the first floor from the flooding bathroom and being carried by the water overflowing from the bath and cascading down the stairs.
The young girl had also given her self a hair cut and the young lad had somehow given himself what is gooing to be a cracking a black eye.

All of this was because their mum was too out of it on drugs.

This was so bad that social services actually came out and took the kids to a shelter for the night - I've never known them actually do anything before!

And on a seperate note - there's a young girl on our division reporting some bloke tried to lure her and her friend to his van by offering them money. She gave the name of Shannon Matthews when reporting the job
I saw some scummy mummy this morning taking her kids to school.. whilst swigging a can of lager then again the tattos on her hands and neck probablly indicate she was not mother of the year.
Old 09 June 2010, 10:18 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that sterilisation and cctv cameras in the home would be a dangerous path to travel and that it would be morally wrong anyway. The only way I can think is for Social Services to do their job properly and be allowed to use their intelligence to supervise the welfare of children who could be in danger of mistreatment.

On the other hand it is difficult to understand how anyone can be as stupid as that woman for giving methadone to that poor baby.

It is a sign of the moral degradation that our leaders have wished upon this country, partly by their own example. It is not that long ago when any mother despite her background would not dream of being so selfish as to do something like that just for her own convenience. It is down to an attitude of mind and it has become widespread, just as in the same way so many parents now ignore their children and let them run the streets in gangs late at night with no though for their well being.

Until that can be turned around, and that seems an impossible task, we will see much more of this sort of thing.

Les
Old 09 June 2010, 10:22 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Nope junkies should be sterilised. Possibly not permantly, these things never are, but no smack head etc should be allowed to have a kid. The number of drug addict babies is on the rise and they all have to go through the withdrawl their so called parents claim is too difficult for them to manage.

Scum, useless scum. The best place for any child is not with a family like this. Any that do breed should have the kids removed from them at the hospital and given to someone who actually wants a kid and will give them the best life possible.

5t.
Old 09 June 2010, 10:27 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie
It is not that long ago when any mother despite her background would not dream of being so selfish as to do something like that just for her own convenience.(
I don't think thats true.

Over history, mothers have done all sort of questionable things to keep children quiet.

The dummy is a tool of convenience, although not quite as damaging to the system as meth!

Some friends of mine had a terrible problem with heroine. It was only because I moved away that I didn't end up like them. Should they have been sterilised then??? (rhetorical)

The moment they found out she was pregnant they went to their respective parents and told them and that they needed to get clean ASAP. They were split up for about 6 months by their parents and cleaned up. 3 children on they are a cracking family.
Old 09 June 2010, 11:06 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Slightly unfortunate adjective
Old 09 June 2010, 11:13 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Question

For ScoobyWon't.

So you see these things first hand which most of us don't. I don't know if you get used to it but it must be pretty grim.

But what would you do about the drugs problem which seems to be a factor in so many of these cases?

I am assuming you can't lock everyone up and, in any case, that doesn't seem to keep them off drugs. Legalise things? Much better education? Give them better housing?

I really don't think there is an easy answer.

dl

Last edited by David Lock; 09 June 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09 June 2010, 11:45 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

If I remember correctly, their is a woman in the US that pays junkies around $200 in exchange for being sterilised. Can't say I blame her
Old 09 June 2010, 01:27 PM
Will
BANNED

That's terrible!! Would of given the **** more than 3 years though!! But saying that. There was a dirty scummy slag who lived 7 miles from me got only 3 years for feeding methadone in a bottle to her daughter!!!!!!

Here's a link!!!! http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...5578-25868103/
Old 09 June 2010, 01:44 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Parenting - it get's worse.............

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-in-fire.html

HOW ??????

For **** sake............................
Old 09 June 2010, 04:01 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
For ScoobyWon't.

So you see these things first hand which most of us don't. I don't know if you get used to it but it must be pretty grim.

But what would you do about the drugs problem which seems to be a factor in so many of these cases?

I am assuming you can't lock everyone up and, in any case, that doesn't seem to keep them off drugs. Legalise things? Much better education? Give them better housing?

I really don't think there is an easy answer.

dl
Depending on the offence committed, prisoners are drug tested at custody, for heroin and coke - these are normally only things like robbery and burglary. If positive, the scumbag gets an appointment with a drug worker. When they fail to turn up for it, which is a cert, a fail to appear warrant is issued and we are sent to nick them.

The approach to solving the drugs issue? Much, much harsher penalties for those in possession of it, huge penalties for those dealing, and employ the resources which are needed to crack down on it. It won't happen though, as the country is ****ed up and even if we did catch anyone for supplying, they'd get a slap on the wrist and a two week holiday from the CPS.

Better housing? Mansfield district council have a budget of £40m to spend on improving living conditions, and have carried out work on 5000 of their 6600 council homes. Has it helped? Nope. The scum just see that they can carry on living in this way and everything is handed to them on a plate.

I don't think I've met a persistent or priority offender who has a television smaller than 42". Unless one of his snaf mates has been in and burgled him for it. You can guarantee the TV will be stolen.

Better education? You'd have to get them to attend school first. And a lot of them really are thick as ****. Drug education? A lot of them don't care and say that the drugs are the only thing that make their lives bearable. Sex education? Stop the scum having kids just so they can live off the benefits would be a good idea. The suggestion of having to prove you can afford to have kids, which is often suggested on here, is a good idea, but wholly unworkable.

I think that a start would be for society to remember what values it used to have and be willing to put them back in place and for the government to actually have the ***** to do something about making the place better.

Currently, I'm seeing Social Services start to improve their response to things - they actually record what's going on, and last night thy even turned up! That's a start, but it's not good enough.

It's abut time the public made it's outrage known and told the government what the public wants doing about the situation.
Old 09 June 2010, 04:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I don't think thats true.

Over history, mothers have done all sort of questionable things to keep children quiet.

The dummy is a tool of convenience, although not quite as damaging to the system as meth!

Some friends of mine had a terrible problem with heroine. It was only because I moved away that I didn't end up like them. Should they have been sterilised then??? (rhetorical)

The moment they found out she was pregnant they went to their respective parents and told them and that they needed to get clean ASAP. They were split up for about 6 months by their parents and cleaned up. 3 children on they are a cracking family.
Are you saying that they used to give their babies a class A drug substitute to keep them quiet?

I have heard of babies being given a teaspoon of alcohol in their milk but that was a very dilute mix and I wou still decry it even though it is not in the same league as that ridiculous woman in this case.

i can easily remember earlier times when mothers put the safety of their babies above all else with their normal mother's instinct. Not that long ago. What is happening now though? Is it pure selfishness, utter stupidity, or what?

Les
Old 09 June 2010, 04:37 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

We didnt have social services 60 years ago - maybe this is the key !

- we'd be back on budget in no time also !
Old 09 June 2010, 04:38 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Depending on the offence committed, prisoners are drug tested at custody, for heroin and coke - these are normally only things like robbery and burglary. If positive, the scumbag gets an appointment with a drug worker. When they fail to turn up for it, which is a cert, a fail to appear warrant is issued and we are sent to nick them.

The approach to solving the drugs issue? Much, much harsher penalties for those in possession of it, huge penalties for those dealing, and employ the resources which are needed to crack down on it. It won't happen though, as the country is ****ed up and even if we did catch anyone for supplying, they'd get a slap on the wrist and a two week holiday from the CPS.

Better housing? Mansfield district council have a budget of £40m to spend on improving living conditions, and have carried out work on 5000 of their 6600 council homes. Has it helped? Nope. The scum just see that they can carry on living in this way and everything is handed to them on a plate.

I don't think I've met a persistent or priority offender who has a television smaller than 42". Unless one of his snaf mates has been in and burgled him for it. You can guarantee the TV will be stolen.

Better education? You'd have to get them to attend school first. And a lot of them really are thick as ****. Drug education? A lot of them don't care and say that the drugs are the only thing that make their lives bearable. Sex education? Stop the scum having kids just so they can live off the benefits would be a good idea. The suggestion of having to prove you can afford to have kids, which is often suggested on here, is a good idea, but wholly unworkable.

I think that a start would be for society to remember what values it used to have and be willing to put them back in place and for the government to actually have the ***** to do something about making the place better.

Currently, I'm seeing Social Services start to improve their response to things - they actually record what's going on, and last night thy even turned up! That's a start, but it's not good enough.

It's abut time the public made it's outrage known and told the government what the public wants doing about the situation.
Touchet
Old 09 June 2010, 05:47 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Very good post from Scoobywon't. Shame his Chief Constable can't see it in the same way or has his hands tied in terms of doing anything about it.

We need leaders who recognise that throwing money at these scum only worsens the situation. Let's hope the current incumbents of the cabinet office can make a real difference.

Great to hear about your friends by the way Edd, always good to hear stories like that.
Old 09 June 2010, 05:51 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thank you very much ScoobyWon't for your reply to my post. dl
Old 09 June 2010, 05:54 PM
tathan
Scooby Regular

Scoobywon't's post is a fine summation of the problems (better than I've seen a politician manage) but doesn't answer any questions... Don't get me wrong, I don't have any answers either, but somebody needs to look at these points and formulate the answers
Old 09 June 2010, 09:04 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

If I knew the answers, I'd not be a response cop on the front line!
Old 09 June 2010, 09:27 PM
tathan
Scooby Regular

lol, good response!
Old 09 June 2010, 10:08 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

making pot class a would be a good start , i know 5 blokes who all did pot in younger years out of the 5 2 went on to do anything they could get and both of them are still on heroin . however 1 has managed to hold down a full time job the other is a passenger . out of the other 3 1 is working and clean the other 2 are pothead skanks on the dole . pot is the start of a slippery slope imho
Old 10 June 2010, 06:51 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
making pot class a would be a good start , i know 5 blokes who all did pot in younger years out of the 5 2 went on to do anything they could get and both of them are still on heroin . however 1 has managed to hold down a full time job the other is a passenger . out of the other 3 1 is working and clean the other 2 are pothead skanks on the dole . pot is the start of a slippery slope imho
+1

Quick Reply: It is so sad for the kids - they never get a chance!