Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

LOL - I won :D

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2010, 02:30 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool LOL - I won :D

Just got onto the computer after paying my weekly bits and had a Facebook message. Some random competition I entered yesterday has picked me as one of the winners. "Yeah right" I thought. But nope, went to the proper page and it was totally legit.

I've won 2 tickets to the Coloursfest Festival tomorrow afternoon/night. Great stuff But I'm in Lincolnshire and it's at the Braehead Arena... in Glasgow

As long as I've got enough for 530 miles of petrol and a bottle of water whilst I'm there...... I AM THERE

Tickets are £40 each so not gonna turn that down. Me and wifey to be are going - line up is awesome for us dance fans.

So, umm, yeah, I'm like kinda happy as I usually win jack

The end
Old 04 June 2010, 02:44 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Well done mate

Have a good one!
Old 04 June 2010, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Same as me then COB. Have a great time.

Les
Old 04 June 2010, 05:08 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Lucky *******!
Old 04 June 2010, 08:43 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Cheers lads. Only got £60 between me and the Mrs to spend on drinks

Don't care though seeing the line up. I'll have a couple beers all night and bottles of water. No drugs needed thankyou very much
Old 04 June 2010, 08:50 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Well done you!!

'Tis nice to hear some good news. Have an excellent time both of you
Old 04 June 2010, 08:51 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Fair play to yer COB,have a cool time
Old 04 June 2010, 09:23 PM
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

Excellent! Have fun!
Old 04 June 2010, 09:40 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Cheers lads. Only got £60 between me and the Mrs to spend on drinks

Don't care though seeing the line up. I'll have a couple beers all night and bottles of water. No drugs needed thankyou very much
More the fool of you, £60 of drink at a festival between 2 will get you nowhere! Now 3 bumbles for a score was the going rate at the last festival i went too, so if you factor 3 each and £20 reserved for water and glowsticks, i'd rather get smacked out.

PS. well done dude, nice to see you with a bit of luck going your way!
Old 05 June 2010, 01:31 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Mrs Leslie tells me that they will be charging £5 for an ice cream cornet at Goodwood for the Festival of Speed!

Les
Old 06 June 2010, 01:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well I got back in one piece

Had the best time ever - as is the fashion with unplanned adventures!

Set off at about 12.30 and got up in Glasgow for about 6.15 as we stopped at a services just outside Glasgow so she could do her makeup and me get changed (classy I know ).

Because I was on Sander Van Doorns winners guestlist we skipped a mile long que and all I did was show my I.D. to get me and Nat in - bargain! Only hiccup was the sniffer dogs going mental on my *** so had to have a full search. My drugs... Rennies for indigestion Cops were brilliant though and after getting dressed again they wished me a good night and appreciated my patience.

We had £60 to last all night and you had to buy tokens to buy drinks - 4 tokens, £15 - ouch! But a few beers was all I wanted as I knew I was driving later and the police presence outside was substancial, probably the most organised event ever. There were literally hundreds of stewards and dozens of police.

The layout was fantastic as the Braehead arena caresses the side of the river Clyde I think it is.

The big *** Gatecrasher meets Fantazia tent was open air outside on a decking area (covered DJ booth and open dancefloor). They had DJ's like John '00' Fleming, Dave Pearce (he's **** by the way) and Tall Paul playing. John '00' Fleming played an awesome classics psy trance set very early on to a packed crowd. Dave Pearce's mixing was awful. Beats off, 4/4's miles out and dropped a little too much commercial. But he's well paid so doing something right and it didn't exactly spoil a free night

The Gatecrasher/Fantazia tent shut very early, not even 12 midnight I'd say so not sure if some guys didn't turn up or what. As we were mooching about taking it all in, we didn't stay in one place too long.

Also outside but fully under a tent was the Meganite techno tent. Umek and Mauro Picotto were the headliners here. Picotto played later on around 1.30 and is an absolutely flawless DJ. His mixing was oober smooth and proper minimal techno. The guy was hanging around all night too mxing with people. Maybe the Scots don't know much about him as I literally walked upto an unflustered Picotto and had my picture taken with him - my highlight of the night as I'm a big fan.

Inside the main arena was the main 'Goi-Goi sponsored' stage. This was like some big *** ice rink defrosted. Massive inside and really filled up when the headliners Above & Beyond and Sander Van Doorn played their sets from 11pm onwards. Also there was Siedd Van Riel, Sean Tyas and Gareth Emery. 3 of the worlds top 10 DJ's playing after one another was an awesome atmospshere

When you went up the stairs towards the toilet area behind the seating you found the 'Lashed' area. Very surreal in it's layout as it was literally just tucked away from the main stage in a corner, making it a very intimate but atmospheric scene. I had a listen to a bit of Bootek earlier on in the night as he played a live performance rather than DJ. Some of his samples and live mashups were incredible, stuff like Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol etc., all mashed in to a hard dance continuous mix, brilliant guy! Anne Savage played later and Lisa lashes peaked it afterwards. Hard dance/house isn't my priority really so I just flirted around there when mooching around.

Arena '2' was all the Hardcore, Hardstyle, MC jibba-jabba stuff which I can't stand really. Me and Nat went in just to see what it was like and walked straight back out. The place was rammed all night though so Scotland has a lot of Hardcore fans.

The clothes - wow, was like being back at 'Crasher. Unlike the nights I visit in Leeds @ Digital Society where they prefer a smarter clubber without glowsticks, up here nothing is ruled out! Boobies hanging out everywhere, loads of colourful clothing, fancy dress, hot pants etc etc. Some serious effort went in and I almost felt under dressed in jeans and bright yellow t-shirt

Just as Sander was playing the end of his set at arounf 2.45am, me and Nat decided to leave (as it was finishing at 4am and the closing act in the main arena was a Hardstyle act called Showtek). Thought it would be easier to get out and have a bit to eat in the car before driving home.

I got about 70 miles and had to pull over at a service station as I was shattered. Free parking for two hours so got my head down 40 something miles from Carlisle I think. Woke up at about 6am and set back off. Home from 9.45ish and just had a kip on the sofa.

Looking through my phone at the pics taken and simply reminissing on a brilliant, totally unplanned, totally unexpected adventure - but on a budget.

Sorry for boring you chaps

Andy
Old 06 June 2010, 02:33 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you had a great time mate. Makes me wish creamfields was sooner.
Old 06 June 2010, 02:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
Sounds like you had a great time mate. Makes me wish creamfields was sooner.
I genuinely did Chris, was really good. No need to get wasted on drugs or beer - just enjoyed the night and the music. Having a Mrs who is into the dance scene definitely helps - shame no mates could come like but never mind.

How did Friday night go?
Old 06 June 2010, 03:57 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I genuinely did Chris, was really good. No need to get wasted on drugs or beer - just enjoyed the night and the music. Having a Mrs who is into the dance scene definitely helps - shame no mates could come like but never mind.

How did Friday night go?
Good! Have to say i envy the fact your missus likes your sort of music. Mine doesn't.

And as for your comment about dave pearce, i don't know how people like that make it big

Yeah friday was good, i found a flyer with my name on and was chuffed. I'll get a pic up at some point.

It felt good to be in an actual DJ booth. Xne 92 mixer and cdj1000's.

Only thing that bothered me was the person who was on afterwards was playing stuff a bit slower. Some better communication would have sorted that out. But i can play again on the 6th August. I wont get paid but still experience is everything, and two flyers from ministry of sound with "THE GALLERY" printed at the top and my name below is all good stuff.

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 06 June 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06 June 2010, 04:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
Good! Have to say i envy the fact your missus likes your sort of music. Mine doesn't.

And as for your comment about dave pearce, i don't know how people like that make it big

Yeah friday was good, i found a flyer with my name on and was chuffed. I'll get a pic up at some point.

It felt good to be in an actual DJ booth. Xne 92 mixer and cdj1000's.

Only thing that bothered me was the person who was on afterwards was playing stuff a bit slower. Some better communication would have sorted that out. But i can play again on the 6th August. I wont get paid but still experience is everything, and two flyers from ministry of sound with "THE GALLERY" printed at the top and my name below is all good stuff.

Old 06 June 2010, 04:35 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

John '00' Fleming??? I'm getting old!

Glad you had a good time COB
Old 06 June 2010, 04:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
John '00' Fleming??? I'm getting old!

Glad you had a good time COB

John '00' Fleming is an awesome DJ mate. He was out the scene just as he was making it really big as he contracted cancer. He beat it but it took him a long time.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/John+%2700%27+Fleming

And one of his best tracks with Digital Blonde http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPcOl...eature=related

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 06 June 2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06 June 2010, 05:47 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Yep, I'm old!