iPhone vs Android phones

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2010, 12:21 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone vs Android phones

It's friday, so time for another apple vs the world fanboi trolling thread

I just found out that you can't load/run apps on android from anywhere other than the internal drive... so on the Desire, that's 576mb :|

I have one app on my iphone over 200mb and over 2gb of apps on the phone - most of which i use at least once a week.

I was seriously thinking of defecting to an HTC Desire, but this is a brick wall for me.

How do you android people get past this? Will there be an update to allow card based app storage?
Old 16 April 2010, 12:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Lets bring Blackberry into the trolling mix, they only have 128meg I believe, that truly sucks.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:06 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

But surely that can't be true. All of us Apple users have been blinded by marketing of our products when the reality is they are technically inferior to other products.

Does this mean that Apple products actually have some technical virtue and some other products have some limitations? How can this be, will this cause some great rift in the space-time continuum?
Old 16 April 2010, 01:06 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

But surely that can't be true. All of us Apple users have been blinded by marketing of our products when the reality is they are technically inferior to other products.

Does this mean that Apple products actually have some technical virtue and some other products have some limitations? How can this be, will this cause some great rift in the space-time continuum?
Old 16 April 2010, 01:08 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Blackberry run 256mb now, which is all they need as they are utter crap anyway, and have no apps available for them.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like a limitation but I would imagine it is one that can be dealt with via an update, had a go on a desire, its very nice, lad who has it has an Ipod Touch and says they are similar but he prefers the HTC.

I mean, its not like the Iphone doesnt have any limitations is it !
Old 16 April 2010, 01:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

That sounds like a limitation but I would imagine it is one that can be dealt with via an update, had a go on a desire, its very nice, lad who has it has an Ipod Touch and says they are similar but he prefers the HTC.

I mean, its not like the Iphone doesnt have any limitations is it !
Old 16 April 2010, 01:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

tbh iphone is way to expensive and uncompatable with other makes of phones for me to like.

i relay don;t et why apple are being such ****** about the prices. i bet they'd shift way more units of the things if they didn;t price fix
Old 16 April 2010, 01:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Yeah, because HTC phones don't cost much. The days of free phones are over, you were being fooled anyhow.

The bonus with buying an Apple product is you'll get your money back. I paid for the original iPhone, sold it to buy the 3G, sold that to buy the 3GS and will sell the 3GS to pay for the 4. With other manufacturers producing so many different variations the resale value of this weeks latest version drops faster than a Maybach.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:20 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

lol, apple could suffer the same problem let's not forget - they just ship big internal storage... for a price of course

I have to say smart phone to me, now, is machine+apps+connectivity to my web sites of choice.

I'd think i'd rather have the inferior iphone + the massive repository of apps.

...and before anyone steps on this one, yes I know most are rubbish, but if 1% are excellent - the apple store's 1% is still a big number

I'm willing to bet there'll be an update for android shortly.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:27 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Just taken a look, I have 2.31 gig of Apps, over a gig of that is offline maps for the most excellent - and free if you're tight - Motion X GPS. I have 51 apps along with the standard set. Thats six pages as I leave the bottom row off for aesthetic reasons. After the version 4 update and the addition of folders I'll allow myself to install more.

How funny that people bemoan the lack of external storage when they only have a piddly amount of storage themselves, some can't even use cards above 16gig!! And they still moan!! These same people shout about the lack of removable battery, ask them how many extras they have for their current phone, 99 times out of 100 the answer will be none.

Bow down to the Apple goodness you HTC buying Sheeple.

Last edited by JackClark; 16 April 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Missed an n
Old 16 April 2010, 01:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

looking at the phones 'comming soon' some that look very interesting indeed.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:33 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Yeah, the new iPhone will be awesome. Have you had a sneaky peek at the specs?
Old 16 April 2010, 01:36 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

no ment none iphone's, never have like apples limitations. htc legend is looking ike maybe the one to go for a the min
Old 16 April 2010, 01:40 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Limitations, like what? Certainly not storage. Perhaps you mean the quality control that Apple insist on?
Old 16 April 2010, 01:41 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

what specs? where?

imho higher res, more mhz, front camera? I guess it might have a 4G/wimax chip in it.

i reckon it'll look like the ipad with non curved edges.

they're pretty much working iPad at the moment. next summer will be the bigger iphone release i reckon.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:42 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oooh, another phone thread
Quite happy with my Palm Pre
Does what I need and it makes calls, woohoo!
Old 16 April 2010, 01:43 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/10/...than-we-think/

Enjoy your Pre it sent Palm down the swany.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

lol, tbh i felt the palm pre felt plasticy and pretty feeble, could seem me breaking it within a few weeks
Old 16 April 2010, 01:46 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I have to add that I'm posting on this thread in good humour. Before I get shot down by the antifanboys.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:48 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

they can't argue with the app storage thing Jack
Old 16 April 2010, 01:48 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

No specs on the next iPhone yet. I have a feeling it'll use the same chip from the iPad and I have a sneaky feeling the iPad chip has a few secrets. Design wise, it'll have to to be a single block of Ally like the Macbook.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:52 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

They won't be able to help themselves ChefDude. They'll tell us how we can only buy apps from the App store and we're controlled whilst forgetting that the reason they can only store 10 small apps is so piracy can be controlled. I could go on, but I'm bored and want to stretch this one out.
Old 16 April 2010, 01:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Definatly cant argue with the cold hard truth.
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Are the Apple Fanboys feeling a little exposed since the Desire came out ? was it time for some pre-emptive propaganda before HTC and others produce something with a comparable interface and better features.

Apple have definitely lead and others followed, there were focussed on features and the Iphone made them realise its all about being a nice to use, sexy, must have gadget. Apple now need to keep the usability edge and answer the criticisms of the existing products which they are doing slowy.

I am no Apple Fanboy and have no loyalty to any massive global electronics corporation, thats just how I see it, I love my Ipod Touch, its wonderful but it would be nice to have worthy competitors who are less propietary.
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Are the Apple Fanboys feeling a little exposed since the Desire came out ? was it time for some pre-emptive propaganda before HTC and others produce something with a comparable interface and better features.

Apple have definitely lead and others followed, there were focussed on features and the Iphone made them realise its all about being a nice to use, sexy, must have gadget. Apple now need to keep the usability edge and answer the criticisms of the existing products which they are doing slowy.

I am no Apple Fanboy and have no loyalty to any massive global electronics corporation, thats just how I see it, I love my Ipod Touch, its wonderful but it would be nice to have worthy competitors who are less propietary.
Old 16 April 2010, 02:00 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/10/...than-we-think/

Enjoy your Pre it sent Palm down the swany.
Was waiting for some kind of bs from you JC Go on, whilst you're at it, what else is wrong with the Pre. Entertain me with your Apple fanboyism

I am very much enjoying my Pre, thank you. I'm not going to get all het up from a few reports, some share price shenannigans and some internet rumour. It's a phone!
Any probs, I'll get a different, non "sheeple" phone
Old 16 April 2010, 02:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Not at all, the HTC incredible came out last week, the Desire is todays chip paper. It's a nice phone but it's obsolete already.
Old 16 April 2010, 02:03 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Nothing wrong with the Pre other than it ruined a once great company. I guess the fact that you're the only owner in your county could be seen as an advantage or disadvantage.
Old 16 April 2010, 02:22 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

the apple story could so have been Microsoft's... or google's really.

we all know someone who couldn't give a stuff about Mhz and GB and screen res, but they do like to listen to their music, surf the net and play games, etc.

having that app store 'just there' to get new music and a new game/app they fancy and all they have to do is to type in their password - awesome power.

you have to give apple some kudos for having brought all that media power to the masses.

I hope android/microsoft catch up - they will keep apple on their toes.

this personal media portal thing is why the ipad will be massive too. (positely *and* negatively controlled by apple to keep it clean/functional/accessible)

Last edited by ChefDude; 16 April 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: iPhone vs Android phones