Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Paxman interviews - The Big 3

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2010, 12:20 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Paxman interviews - The Big 3

Anyone see the first Paxman interview with each leader of the big 3?

Nick Clegg was first up and as much as the Lib Dems have been scoffed on here, I think he came across quite well. Think Paxman wasted time picking out specific words from previous Lib Dem comments and not really allowing a decent answer to come back.

My concern would be Lib Dem siding with Labour at every opportunity in a hung parliament but if it is hung and the Lib Dems can remain neutral then they pretty much get the decided vote. Labour one way, Tory the other and the Lib Dems chose which they like and don't like.
Old 13 April 2010, 01:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be fair to the Lib Dems, they do come over with better educated answers than the other 2 big parties.

The debate on Channel 4 with Darling, Cable, and Osborne. It was Vince Cable who gave the most honest and educated answers. But as Osborne pointed out, the Lib Dems don't stand a chance of getting into power. Although I do think they'll take many seats this election.
Old 13 April 2010, 02:41 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

They may not get outright power but they will get the deciding vote.

Its like in a business with 3 directors but 1 director only has a small share - the big 2 can't agree or come up with opposed proposals and the small shareholder gets to choose which one or neither.

If they can just stay out of Labours pocket and make good judgement calls they may well make themselves very popular.

No one likes Brown and Labour anymore and lets by honest, none of us really trust Cameron. With a hung Parliament you can get with Clegg being in there there will be some Last of the Summer Wine jokes.

Clegg - Cleggy
Cameron - Foggy
Brown - Nora Batty

Old 13 April 2010, 02:46 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the Times,both Cameron and Brown have failed to respond to the invitation to be interviewed by Paxman.
Make of that,what you will!
Old 13 April 2010, 03:04 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Paxman was quite gentle with him. Clegg did pretty well and I speak as a non lIberal supporter! dl
Old 14 April 2010, 03:07 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am beginning to find that the whole business is getting so boring that it hardly seems to be worth listening to any of them any more. None of them are all that impressive but I know that we need a different bunch in charge to get us out of the mess the last lot have created.

Les
Old 14 April 2010, 05:53 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EddScott
They may not get outright power but they will get the deciding vote.

Its like in a business with 3 directors but 1 director only has a small share - the big 2 can't agree or come up with opposed proposals and the small shareholder gets to choose which one or neither.

If they can just stay out of Labours pocket and make good judgement calls they may well make themselves very popular.

No one likes Brown and Labour anymore and lets by honest, none of us really trust Cameron. With a hung Parliament you can get with Clegg being in there there will be some Last of the Summer Wine jokes.

Clegg - Cleggy
Cameron - Foggy
Brown - Nora Batty

I trust Cameron a lot more than I trust Clegg. Clegg is a vacuous muppet with the charisma and presence of a wet lettuce.

Their policies are also the most fundamentally flawed when you actually look into them. They want a further, more radical redistribution of wealth in this country. They want a tax cut for lower earners paid for by FURTHER tax increases on the wealthy and wealth creators.
This will kill any chances of growth and reduce our competitiveness in an age when companies are more mobile and other countries are offering incentives for them to relocate.

They live in cloud cuckoo land and have no other talent in their team. Who else in the Libs have you even heard of outside of dead Clegg and Cable??

When it comes to the crunch people who say they will vote for them when polled will switch with the result, I'm hoping, of a clear Conservative majority
Old 15 April 2010, 08:28 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They have always been like that DD

Les