Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Election Poll?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2010, 11:02 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Election Poll?

Anyone posted one yet - I cant see one.... be interesting to see if the results are the same!
Old 06 April 2010, 11:15 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

What do the Tories stand for, once i know that it may help me decide.
Old 06 April 2010, 11:22 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Problem with this pole is pslewis will log on with his numerous personalitys and press labour on each one
Old 06 April 2010, 11:38 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulr

Getting to be a very arguement.

Try using google to find their website and spend a few minutes reading. Please take Martin along with you if you can find him.

SJ Skyline WILL be voting, he's just not going to reveal how - yet.
Old 06 April 2010, 11:53 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

This is Scoobynet, where is the BNP option as many NSR posters will be lost without that one?
Old 06 April 2010, 12:02 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

This tickled me

Old 06 April 2010, 12:07 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

The fundamental difference is that Labour believe the state should be responsible for everything whereas the Tories believe this is unhealthy for society as a whole and that there are limits on what the state _can_ take responsibility.

The Labour view has been tested to destruction twice over the last 50 years, back in the 70s (result a currency crisis, the humiliation of an IMF bail-out and the winter of discontent) and the last 13 years (result the biggest recession since the 30s, another looming fiscal and currency crisis and massive public debt).

I know where my vote is going.

The only way I can see Labour getting in is if they somehow manage to persuade enough people that we can get through the fiscal crisis by soaking the rich - and we can therefore maintain public spending at current levels. This will be ruinous for the country.
Old 06 April 2010, 01:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you never read the papers or watch the News?

Les
Old 06 April 2010, 01:15 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Do you never read the papers or watch the News?

Les
No and no.

Hey, its a simple question which no-one seems to have an answer for. On May 6th a politcal party is saying "please vote for me". I am asking, in the simplest terms, okay, what do you stand for. I think its a perfectly acceptable question.
Old 06 April 2010, 01:22 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scud8
The fundamental difference is that Labour believe the state should be responsible for everything whereas the Tories believe this is unhealthy for society as a whole and that there are limits on what the state _can_ take responsibility.
100% true in the eighties, but not today. I doubt there is much between them on this issue. I will be surprised if in this election the tories have a long list of stuff they want to privatise, and visa versa, Labour have a long list of stuff they want to nationalise. That is services as well as industries btw.
Old 06 April 2010, 01:35 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

100% true in the eighties, but not today. I doubt there is much between them on this issue. I will be surprised if in this election the tories have a long list of stuff they want to privatise, and visa versa, Labour have a long list of stuff they want to nationalise. That is services as well as industries btw.
On what basis are you making this statement - do you think Labour have moved towards the traditional Tory line (as the New Labour propaganda would have us believe) or have the Tories moved more towards the Labour position?
Old 06 April 2010, 01:42 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Where are the Tories' pledges to repeal all the 3,000 and odd crappy laws that Labour brought in, thereby criminalising large sections of society ? Where are the Tories pledges to stop the illegal wars we're involved in ? The only thing I've heard from the Tory camp is that they won't implement the 1% NI rise as they can instead fund it by auctioning fairy tokens.
Old 06 April 2010, 02:06 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't the public sector make up more than half Britain's GDP now? And people don't think we should cut back??
Old 06 April 2010, 02:10 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Anyone other than labour TBH. It can't get any worse

No vote is a poor choice ... get out there & make it count!

TX.
Old 06 April 2010, 02:28 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

the thing with subsequent governments is they criticise policy when they are the shadow government, but will largely change nothing if they come to power, everything we hate about labour, i.e the state of the roads, the unfair increase in VED, immigration, crime, quangos etc etc will remain. Do any of you honestly believe any standing politician is there for their love of this country? or do you believe they are there for love of their self interests. IMO this country is a damaged vessel, it is slowly sinking, to combat this, we are putting more and more expensive experts on board to patch the damaged vessel, and the extra weight is causing us to sink faster, so more experts come aboard to try to stop this, and we sink faster still.....................only when the vessel has sunk will we be able to build a new one. and we will not see any significant turnaround in our lifetime.
Old 06 April 2010, 02:35 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No and no.

Hey, its a simple question which no-one seems to have an answer for. On May 6th a politcal party is saying "please vote for me". I am asking, in the simplest terms, okay, what do you stand for. I think its a perfectly acceptable question.
If you don't listen to what they have been saying then you will have to write a letter to them to ask then. Maybe when the local candidate comes round knocking on your door you can ask him!

Les
Old 06 April 2010, 02:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think they have been holding back on their major policies so far since NL have always copied any of their popular ideas in the past. They have been saying some things so far but I hope that they will come out with chapter and verse when they think the time is right.

Les
Old 06 April 2010, 09:05 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Not sure there is much to privatise anymore. All that Gordo's 'sell off' last year could come up with was the Tote and some loose change from the back of his sofa ....

The whole GE is a bit academic when the UK government is just the international equivalent of a parish council as we're part of the EU. The party that offers a referendum on this gets my vote. The 'big three' are not ....

Dave

Privatisation has moved on - it's all about outsourcing to the private sector now - most of the bins in this country are done by private contractors, job centres, back to work training the same. The problem is that councils outsource, pat themselves on the back, and spend the savings on pointless other things instead. They should outsource whole councils in my view to reduce the needless public sector bloat that Labour has introduced.

Absolutely agree the referendum - though fear Labour have sold us down the river on that and it's too late.

Gordo
Old 06 April 2010, 09:21 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

one thing i want is get the scroungers back to work and long term **** takers aswell as all the teenage baby girls meal machine sorted out i pay heaps in tax for these scroungers enough said ill get my coat
Old 06 April 2010, 09:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Has anyone actually seen a Tory Policy yet?

I guess this poll would change once the Policies have been seen and examined

I see the halfwits have voted Tory .... when will the intelligent people arrive and mark the card?
Old 06 April 2010, 10:06 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Well if Big Dave doesn't know, what chance have the rest of us got
Old 07 April 2010, 12:20 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis

I see the halfwits have voted Tory .... when will the intelligent people arrive and mark the card?
Does it really matter anymore, I think the majority just want a change, they have had enough of the way the country has been run into the ground.
Old 07 April 2010, 09:30 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

The ones who don't support your selfish and grossly incompetent hero's are those who are actually using their intelligence. We have seen enough already. What better proof do we need after 13 years of misrule?

What is the point of paying any consideration to NL policies anyway. They might even sound good sometimes, but like the last 13 years, they just don't happen!

Les
Old 07 April 2010, 09:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As Dave H says, the most disappointing thing is the lack of a referendum as we were promised by both parties. The first time was because NL would not prepared to accept the will of the people which did not suit their own selfish ambitions with the eventual payback from the other fellows.

The second one from "Dave" was a cop out because the Irish foolishly voted yes.That was a monumental error and might even cost him the election. As was said, if we did still vote no as we would do, what could the other lot do? they still want our trade and we could easily enter a free trade agreement. Do we really want to be under a totalitarian style government with no say in our own affairs?

Les
Old 02 May 2010, 04:51 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Results as of 2/5

Labour 9.38%
Conservative 68.75%
Liberal Democrats 1.56%
Other 15.63%
Cant / Wont Vote 4.69%

Old 02 May 2010, 07:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

I understand one of thier more radical ideas is not to call pensioners 'Bigots' when they ask uncomfortable questions that most people would like to know the answers too
Old 02 May 2010, 07:23 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Probably UKIP for me.

They have no chance of winning, but they claim to want to stop the immigration problems, stop the global warming propaganda and apparently want to stop persecuting motorists.

Just about everybody on this forum complains about the above 3 things to be honest

And the St Georges public holiday is LONG overdue.

Quick Reply: Election Poll?