Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

02 joggler - down to £50- any good ??

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2010, 07:40 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 joggler - down to £50- any good ??

Was in the 02 shop today and noticed they had brought the price off the 02 joggler down to what seems like a total bargain price off just £50. looks an interesting little gadget but wonder if infact it is just that a gadget that a netbook would do exactly the same ??

anyone got one ?? any good ?? worth £50 ??

belive there are apps going to be available very soon for this device, could be interesting ??!!
Old 04 April 2010, 07:50 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes its worth it you best be quick as the offer is only for 2 weeks and that started last week!

Tony
Old 04 April 2010, 08:02 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks , yep dad was in yesterday and they were selling out fast, he went back in today to get one and they only had two left, was talking to the salesman and he mentioned that the response for them had been amazing, sure he said that they had not massivly advertised the new sale price but that word had got out - poss uk hot deals etc ??

to be honest was tempted but again not so sure it gives me anything over what my little netbook gives me already ??

go on sell me one - whats so goood about them ??!!
Old 04 April 2010, 08:06 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your entire family can use it, its a gadget but if you have not had one you wont miss it, but once you get one you wondered why you had not bought one before (plus if you lose your net book its going to cost alot to replace, lose the joggler and its only 50 quid )

Tony
Old 04 April 2010, 08:12 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Internet radio, can you select any station, and does it have a decent integral speaker?
Old 04 April 2010, 08:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

1/ netbook does internet radio as well as web browser - joggler have a built in browser ??

2/ Quote " entire family can use it " surely same with netbook is it not ??

3/ Quote " loose the 02 joggler, only £50 to replace " not unless you suddenly loose it next week before the sale finishes !! besides how would you loose something like this within the house ??!!

sorry not convinced already- keep them comming thou !!!
Old 04 April 2010, 09:03 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Does it have an internet browser?
Old 04 April 2010, 09:20 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
Old 05 April 2010, 10:36 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Everything you need to know. For £50 it's a nice piece of kit.

http://hackthejoggler.freeforums.org/index.php?
Old 05 April 2010, 11:53 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

How do you go about creating a text message from this unit ?? dad is having probs with his in that when he goes into messages he only gets the option to move or delete message not to actually send one .

this ubuntu sounds great, any info on how to install it onto the joggler via usb stick ?? see its a free download from the site so thats fine no messing about with dodgy downloads etc !!!

you think the processor power off this unit is capable off running this Ubuntu operating system ??
Old 05 April 2010, 12:15 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

There are links to a tutorial on the forum I linked to earlier, it's not easy and the install is not perfect. Probably not worth it.
Old 05 April 2010, 01:00 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers will check it out, any ideas regards the text messaging problem ??
Old 05 April 2010, 10:23 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Seems I am not alone with probs in getting the text messaging app working, massive thread over on hotukdeals just now on this very thing some very interesting threads, sitting at over 90 pages so will need a bit off time if you want to catch up with things !!

seems the problem with the text messagng could be down to the latest app store update.

not convinced on the Ubuntu thin yet, from what I gather it does not work with the touch screen yet, and to be honest not 100% convinced I have the tech ablty to get the op system actually installed ??!!

any idea if you could run it from a usb stick ie. usb stick plugs in to the joggler and run Ubunto or is it a case off installing it with the usb stick and running it from the unit itself ??

would be great / easier for me if it could be run from usb stick ??!!
Old 07 April 2010, 11:03 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

I got 2 of these delivered today 1 for me and 1 for my Dad. Downloaded a couple of apps: youtube and google maps. Its not a bad little gadget.

For the texting we got 50 free texts and you click on the messaging icon and then there is a button 'write new text' top right.

I had phoned the O2 shop on Monday and they had 10 in stock, by the time I got there an hour later they were sold out.
Old 08 April 2010, 05:16 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Just ordered one - free delivery too so got to be woth a punt for £50
Old 08 April 2010, 09:00 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
It's run from the USB stick leaving the joggler os in place if you then want to use it as originally intended.
You planning on installing this new operating system yourself mate ?? to be honest have read the various tutorials on this but its slightly more than just downloading onto a stick and plugging the stick into the joggler and running the new op system.

as far as I can see the netbook edition off Ubuntu does not support touchscreen either ??
Old 08 April 2010, 09:11 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Mine turned up today and very impressed with it. Experienced none of the problems some have had, in fact mine couldn't have updated and got set up any smoother than it did. No issues at all and the txt feature was enabled within a minute of the final update reboot and works fine.

Streams video/music/pictures from my NAS superbly as the screen is quality.

The community for these things is

www.joggler.info

and lots of info on there. It was set up by a couple of the guys on the hotukdeals thread and is taking off due to the number of people who have bought these and now looking at the potential being realised in them.
Thanks for that

Did you download the youtube app?

And how do you stream from your nas?

Mick
Old 08 April 2010, 11:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

I was going to install it but currently being lazy and waiting to see if someone uploads an image of their memory stick so everyone else can copy it. It does support the touch screen and sound is working too. The biggest issue seems to be it being very slow and may be due to lack of swap file etc so again waiting for developments on that front.

I've not read any of the forum today so probably some developments to catch up on. Also some boffin has allegedly got spotify working on his but yet to be proven as true.
Okay thats great appreciatte the info, so if somone did upload an image off there memory stick then it would just be a case off downloading ita nd putting it onto your own memory stick, popping the memory stick ion the jogglers everytime you wanted to run this alternative operating system - yep ??

if you do come across such an uploaded image any chance you could let me know as would certainly like to at least have a try off it.

thanks again for the info
Old 09 April 2010, 07:08 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Yep I downloaded all the apps as they are all free. Youtube streams perfectly with no lag.

My NAS is a twonky server so autiomatically knows and shares out all video, music and pictures.

On the Joggler go to tools and connect and play and then it will list any media servers available to stream from. From there you can browse to folders etc and choose what you want. I had mine streaming TV shows i'd downloaded to my NAS and they played very nice indeed.
Thanks again

Ive just installed a Netgear duo NAS so I may have a little play
Old 09 April 2010, 11:20 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine turned up today and very impressed with it. Experienced none of the problems some have had, in fact mine couldn't have updated and got set up any smoother than it did. No issues at all and the txt feature was enabled within a minute of the final update reboot and works fine.

Streams video/music/pictures from my NAS superbly as the screen is quality.
Fancied one of these when they were first advertised by O2 but with a price tag in excess of £100 I thought it was too much so held off. However, having read this thread I jumped at the opportunity of getting hold of one for £49.99 (inc free p&p) from O2's website. I came back from hols today to find mine had arrived through the post. I'm impressed at the little gadget - plugged it in, connected to wi-fi, and away it went - it automatically downloaded and installed latest updates (took a good hour or so from initial software download to actual functionality but it got there), after which I was able to use the txt message feature and all other applets without any hassle. I have downloaded YouTube and Google maps from the app store and used those without any problems and I'm using TVersity on my laptop to share out my media library to wi-fi devices across the house which the joggler accessed instantly. All I have to do now is get the calendar populated. Well worth the £50 in my opinion.
Old 10 April 2010, 06:40 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

The 50 free text messages every month, does that include texting to other networks ??

when I try to open google calender app that I have recently d/loaded its asking me for a name / password ?? is there actually an option to register with google - bit confused ??
Old 10 April 2010, 10:00 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll need to register and setup a calendar with google. It's very easy to do this (https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...tab%3Dwc&hl=en) and since I already use google calendar I'm not gonna bother with the O2 calendar - the google calendar app seems very easy to use on the joggler and it will txt alerts to any network for free (unlike the O2 calendar).
Old 10 April 2010, 03:33 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thats great appreciatte the info.

Quick Reply: 02 joggler - down to £50- any good ??