Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How many more lessons have to be learnt?

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2010, 04:36 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure we will get the usual institutional response - more box ticking processes and less individual responsibility for the supposed professionals involved.
Old 26 March 2010, 04:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The thing is, what do we want these authorities to DO?

Labour has presided over a system in which many families grow larger, out of control, just for the income the kids generate, the parents sit around all day with nowt to do and all day to do it in, grow bored and spend the money on something to be NOT bored, drink or drugs. Good home for the kids? Nope.

Meanwhile, more and more civil servants are taken on, but sadly, NOT in the areas needed to look out for these no-hope families. What IS done is to duplicate a lot of work so that it often doesn't get done as one lot think the others are doing it etc etc.

And when the family DOES pop onto the radar, what then? Take the kids away? And do WHAT with them? Believe me, if you've ever worked in a children's home, you DO NOT want kids in there, except as a last resort. And fostering? Don't bet on it. Quite a lot of fosterers do it for the money, so what if the kid runs wild..........

The whole system is flawed. Trust me, this won't be the last one by any means.............
Old 26 March 2010, 04:45 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Makes me physically sick.

What on earth was the mother doing to repeatedly leave her child with these two? I bet he would have resisted being left with them unless he was too terrified to speak up.

Where was the father?

Steve
Old 26 March 2010, 04:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alcazar
The thing is, what do we want these authorities to DO?

Labour has presided over a system in which many families grow larger, out of control, just for the income the kids generate, the parents sit around all day with nowt to do and all day to do it in, grow bored and spend the money on something to be NOT bored, drink or drugs. Good home for the kids? Nope.

Meanwhile, more and more civil servants are taken on, but sadly, NOT in the areas needed to look out for these no-hope families. What IS done is to duplicate a lot of work so that it often doesn't get done as one lot think the others are doing it etc etc.

And when the family DOES pop onto the radar, what then? Take the kids away? And do WHAT with them? Believe me, if you've ever worked in a children's home, you DO NOT want kids in there, except as a last resort. And fostering? Don't bet on it. Quite a lot of fosterers do it for the money, so what if the kid runs wild..........

The whole system is flawed. Trust me, this won't be the last one by any means.............
Couldn't have put it better
Old 27 March 2010, 04:26 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Those who have acted incompetently should be held fully responsible and should be sacked immediately. That might concentrate a few more minds in the future.

Those who carried out the crime should feel the full force of the law and be punished in such a way that all other carers or parents know that their dreadful behaviour is just not worth the candle!

Les
Old 27 March 2010, 06:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Those who have acted incompetently should be held fully responsible and should be sacked immediately. That might concentrate a few more minds in the future.

Those who carried out the crime should feel the full force of the law and be punished in such a way that all other carers or parents know that their dreadful behaviour is just not worth the candle!

Les
And I can't argue with THAT!
Old 27 March 2010, 07:23 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Yes of course the authorities have a lot to answer for but the real blame lies absolutely with the carers (+ parents in this case). They're the ones that killed this poor, poor child. dl
Old 28 March 2010, 01:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Yes of course the authorities have a lot to answer for but the real blame lies absolutely with the carers (+ parents in this case). They're the ones that killed this poor, poor child. dl
Don't you find that the standard response by organisations which have comprehensively failed in their responsiblities, such as "Lessons will be learned" or "A comprehensive study of the facts will be made" actually gets on your ****?

Les
Old 28 March 2010, 01:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

It does, but what REALLY bites is that you KNOW that in 9 cases out of 10, NO heads will roll, NO jobs will be lost and NO disciplinaries will be handed out.
Old 28 March 2010, 01:40 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's easy to blame the authorities every time this happens but there are a lot of scum breeding and stretched resources, plus they tend to be cunning, I would hate to work in social care, do a good job on most cases but the minute there is a problem its your job on the line, I am not saying they are blameless and I am sure like all local government jobs there is a lot of sickness, indolence, paperwork and lots of diversions but its the scum mistreating their kids and its very delicate work, its a big decision to say someone isnt a fit parent, things will be covered up by parents, sometimes bruises have a genunine explanation, people move about and they cant be there 24/7 to oversee every family or individual they have suspicions over.
Old 28 March 2010, 01:54 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Don't you find that the standard response by organisations which have comprehensively failed in their responsiblities, such as "Lessons will be learned" or "A comprehensive study of the facts will be made" actually gets on your ****?

Les

Yes of course like anyone who hears this time and again. But there will always be cases like this. J4CKO above makes some very good points. dl
Old 28 March 2010, 02:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Yes of course like anyone who hears this time and again. But there will always be cases like this. J4CKO above makes some very good points. dl
Cheers Dave, was kind of expecting a flaming but we need to look at all angles in these case, was their genuine negligence on the part of the relevant Social workers or just a very unfortunate series of events, there is a tendency to blame the individuals, the government but not the public of this land, they get away with a lot, expect more and there has been a loss of personal responsibility, the authorities didnt kill that child, just like those little b4stards chasing round London killed that kid in the Station, we can bleat on all day about reasons for it but some little ****** went out with a knife and killed another boy, even the most obnoxious, feral, lawless urban scumbag knows that is wrong, just like the two inbred looking baby killers did, I am sure they didnt mean to kill him but thats always a potential outcome if you are violent towards children.
Old 28 March 2010, 03:26 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'd like to see the mother charged with neglect (wilful); By the way she dumped the child on these alledged "babysitters" shows he lack of care and regard for her child. And furthermore not questioning or noting any obvious sign of abuse in the three week period prior to his death.

Her cliam and admission to naivety is just a subconscious way of not taking full responsibility for her action; naivety is not an excuse to not take full care in who you
trust your own child to. This makes her a severe risk to any child she cares for in the future, be it her own or somebody elses.

Reports say that Ryan was being cared by Taylor and Boleyn for almost four weeks - did his mother not see him once in that period? And if she did, was she so naive not to notice anything odd or wrong with her son; be it marks or signs of fear, upset or anxiety? I don't believe that.

One thing I belive, is we're not hearing the full story here. But the CPS have a pair of child murderers in their hands, so they are just happy pursuing that instead. So, no, no lessons will be learnt from this (that being lessons of ensuring adequate parental responsibility).

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 March 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 28 March 2010, 03:37 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

What goes through peoples heads to do things like this to a child.
Old 29 March 2010, 12:18 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
It's easy to blame the authorities every time this happens but there are a lot of scum breeding and stretched resources, plus they tend to be cunning, I would hate to work in social care, do a good job on most cases but the minute there is a problem its your job on the line, I am not saying they are blameless and I am sure like all local government jobs there is a lot of sickness, indolence, paperwork and lots of diversions but its the scum mistreating their kids and its very delicate work, its a big decision to say someone isnt a fit parent, things will be covered up by parents, sometimes bruises have a genunine explanation, people move about and they cant be there 24/7 to oversee every family or individual they have suspicions over.
You are right of course J4CKO, there are always two sides to a question. But when I hear about a child which has been systematically ill treated and the authority concerned has not passed observations on, or taken the easy way by "having a word," or not taken any action over comments of evidence that has turned up etc. then I find those comments I mentioned above extremely annoying. How can a doctor miss a child's broken back etc during a medical examination? Do these people actually have any interest or sense of responsibility over what they are supposed to be doing?

Les
Old 29 March 2010, 12:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Trouble is Les, the rest of the normal population see things like this and are rightly revulsed, action is called for and measures are put in place, problem being is that the measures end up slowing down the process and potentially getting false positives for everyone else, cue righteous indignation from the public.

This case is even more difficult as it wasnt even the parents, must be difficult following the whims and complex social arrangements of *******, its like Shameless but not funny.
Old 29 March 2010, 12:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well I have to admit J4CKO that it is a job that I would not like to do.

Les