Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Post office fines now...

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2010, 09:56 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post office fines now...

Letter addressed to us was 6p short on postage. They want £1.06 to permit us to pick it up from the sorting office or re-deliver. Charging double the underage on the postage might be acceptable but that is not.

I am VERY unimpressed and they can have it for all I care - I got the sender to scan and email instead (its the way forward and stuff you GPO!).

D
Old 10 March 2010, 10:02 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Post Office is absolutely ****! Belfast city centre's branch has devised a new queuing system that can only be described as painful to endure.

I actually think they were trying to slying deter everyone from using their services.

Last edited by Jamz3k; 10 March 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10 March 2010, 10:14 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

I think you are right mate! Clearly there is a bit of admin involved for clawing back 6p and dropping the card through the letterbox. But it feels more like blackmail with my letter taken hostage!!!!!

A better place to start would be delivering bigger stuff when people are actually IN!!!! Dohh

D
Old 10 March 2010, 10:18 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I actually think they were trying to slying deter everyone from using their services.
I agree, there was three major post office located in three town centres near me. 6+ kiosks. They were just plain postsoffice, very efficient, although very busy.

They have all closed or relocated to smaller/multi-function premises, with 2-3 kiosks in which you have to fight through the middle of a shop to get to the queue. Its just not worth the hassle

Yesturday I was in one to collect a Parcel Farce next day DELIVERY (seems a 4ft by 20ft sign above the office doors is not big enough for the delivery driver to spot ). It was quiet, but I was still left waiting at the front of the queue becuase two of the staff at the counters decided to a have a nitter-natter and completely ignore me.

Last edited by ALi-B; 10 March 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10 March 2010, 11:36 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You should see the queues at Christmas and Valentines, when unlucky customers who have received a card because "An item was too big to deliver".

THEN you should see their faces when they come out £1.06 lighter in the pocket, clutching a daft enormous Christmas or Valentines card

Pretty good scam if you can get away with it.
Old 10 March 2010, 11:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Letter addressed to us was 6p short on postage. They want £1.06 to permit us to pick it up from the sorting office or re-deliver. Charging double the underage on the postage might be acceptable but that is not.

I am VERY unimpressed and they can have it for all I care - I got the sender to scan and email instead (its the way forward and stuff you GPO!).

D
What a shameful rip off!

Les
Old 18 March 2010, 10:10 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Got a response to my complaint. It essentially relates to my 'education' regarding a .06p underage on letter I didn't send myself or even know who its from as they are holding it ransom and wont tell me:

"I'm sure you appreciate our need to do all we can to recover any postage due, for a number of reasons. Like any other commercial operation, we need to cover all of our costs. We also recognise that the majority of our customers pay the correct postage - it would be unfair to these customers if we did not recover fees from those who underpay. Furthermore, we believe it's important to educate customers about correct posting requirements, to avoid them any unnecessary delay or inconvenience in the future.

Thank you again for contacting Royal Mail and I hope the information above concludes this matter for you. If you need to get back in touch, please do so.

Regards

Kelly Chisholm
Customer Service Advisor

I'll just ask them what they intend doing with the letter as I have no intention of paying for something that I have no clue what it is, and could probably be spam. I will also 'educate' them to a similar 1000% overcharge level by giving my company's business to others (like Parcel2Go and TNT) forthwith.

Numpties - but they think and act like Labour I guesswho have no concept of service or representation, but only of power and ruling.

Sorry if you think I'm overreacting, but, also, my 6yr old daughter sent my Mum a seashore pebble form her hols in a small envelope that was 4p under. My 70r old Mum then drove 8 miles to pay £1.04. Right royal tw@ts.
D
Old 18 March 2010, 10:15 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

I hope for your mum's sake it actually was a pebble, and not a small dried out dog-egg. That would have been a real pisser.
Old 18 March 2010, 10:36 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

PMSL- what is a 'dog-egg' (and why am I laughing?)!

It was a Mauritian pebble - no chien! D
Old 18 March 2010, 11:02 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

These eggs taste like ****

Well they were fresh when the dog laid them this morning
Old 18 March 2010, 11:23 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

You've all gone a bit Vic Reeves on me. Fine! D
Old 19 March 2010, 01:22 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't be happy if that reply was sent to me.

All well and good trying to recover costs, but charging over a pound for a few pence is ridiculous. Not to mention they state about recovering fees from those that underpay. You/any other person who goes in to collect didn't underpay ffs, it was the person who sent it that did (unless there are srange people who do send themselves stuff).
Old 19 March 2010, 02:03 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Our Drs surgery seems to have a habit of sending appointment cards through the post, but forgetting to add a stamp.

Three times it has happened in the last 12 months. They even had the cheek to ring me and ask why I hadn't turned up or cancelled the appointment for a check up I had.

Our post being delivered is another **** take, im sure they just decide not to bother some days.

It was about half 4 today when our post turned up.