Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Suicide bombers 'enemies of Islam'

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2010, 04:08 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suicide bombers 'enemies of Islam'

This should get some of you frothing at the mouth as the following contains the words "Muslim", "Islam", "Terrorism" and "Suicide bombings".

Nice to see a counter-balanced view in the press for once

Originally Posted by Press Association
Pakistan-born Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said there were no "ifs or buts" about terrorism and such acts had no justification in the name of Islam.

In a news conference attended by MPs, representatives from the Metropolitan Police, charitable organisations, think-tanks and other groups, he called on Islamic leaders to convey the message that acts of terrorism cut people off as true followers of Islam.

"They can't claim that their suicide bombings are martyrdom operations and that they become the heroes of the Muslim Umma (the wider Muslim community), no, they become heroes of hellfire, and they are leading towards hellfire," he said.

"There is no place for any martyrdom and their act is never, ever to be considered Jihad," he added.

Dr Qadri, who spoke at length in both English and Arabic before his audience, said his fatwa - a religious edict or ruling - was an "absolute" condemnation of terrorism without "any excuses or pretexts".

"Good intentions cannot convert a wrong into good, they cannot convert an evil into good," he said. "Terrorism is terrorism, violence is violence and it has no place in Islamic teaching and no justification can be provided for it, or any kind of excuses or ifs or buts."

He insisted that Islam was a religion of peace that promotes beauty, "betterment", goodness and "negates all form of mischief and strife".

The 600-page fatwa by Dr Qadri, founder of the global Minhaj-ul-Quran movement, which has thousands of supporters across the world as well as in the UK, will be translated into English in the coming weeks. His talk will also be made available online in an attempt to counter extremist versions of Islam available on the internet.

A fatwa, an edict issued by a learned Muslim scholar, may concern any aspect of Islamic life. The term became famous in the Western world in 1989 after the author Salman Rushdie was forced into hiding following a "death fatwa" issued by Ayatollah Khomeni, then Supreme Leader of Iran, on the grounds that his book, The Satanic Verses, had "insulted" Islam.
Old 02 March 2010, 04:15 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Old 02 March 2010, 04:25 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BOOF

That'll be you shortly - bursting into flames

Salman Rushdie eh - Did he ever publish that other book entitled "Buddah - you fat b@stard"?
Old 02 March 2010, 07:40 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
This should get some of you frothing at the mouth as the following contains the words "Muslim", "Islam", "Terrorism" and "Suicide bombings".

Nice to see a counter-balanced view in the press for once
How long did it take you to type all that bull****?
Old 02 March 2010, 07:46 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Pakistan-born Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said there were no "ifs or buts" about terrorism and such acts had no justification in the name of Islam.

In a news conference attended by MPs, representatives from the Metropolitan Police, charitable organisations, think-tanks and other groups, he called on Islamic leaders to convey the message that acts of terrorism cut people off as true followers of Islam.

"They can't claim that their suicide bombings are martyrdom operations and that they become the heroes of the Muslim Umma (the wider Muslim community), no, they become heroes of hellfire, and they are leading towards hellfire," he said.

"There is no place for any martyrdom and their act is never, ever to be considered Jihad," he added.

Dr Qadri, who spoke at length in both English and Arabic before his audience, said his fatwa - a religious edict or ruling - was an "absolute" condemnation of terrorism without "any excuses or pretexts".

"Good intentions cannot convert a wrong into good, they cannot convert an evil into good," he said. "Terrorism is terrorism, violence is violence and it has no place in Islamic teaching and no justification can be provided for it, or any kind of excuses or ifs or buts."

He insisted that Islam was a religion of peace that promotes beauty, "betterment", goodness and "negates all form of mischief and strife".

The 600-page fatwa by Dr Qadri, founder of the global Minhaj-ul-Quran movement, which has thousands of supporters across the world as well as in the UK, will be translated into English in the coming weeks. His talk will also be made available online in an attempt to counter extremist versions of Islam available on the internet.

A fatwa, an edict issued by a learned Muslim scholar, may concern any aspect of Islamic life. The term became famous in the Western world in 1989 after the author Salman Rushdie was forced into hiding following a "death fatwa" issued by Ayatollah Khomeni, then Supreme Leader of Iran, on the grounds that his book, The Satanic Verses, had "insulted" Islam.
Personally, I'm hoping this will do some good. This man is seen as something approaching a living saint and you never know, it might do some good for the young and disaffected to hear someone actually saying "you know what, why not think about not blowing yourself up?"
That is, providing he doesnt get offed by the sort of people he's taking on.

In that respect alone, I think he's a very brave man.
Astraboy.
Old 02 March 2010, 07:56 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superstar1
How long did it take you to type all that bull****?
Let's think... select text, hit copy, move to Sn, click Paste, ooh I'd say about 8 seconds.

Which I'd guess is probably about a quarter of the time it took you to type your response. HTH
Old 02 March 2010, 08:10 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Let's think... select text, hit copy, move to Sn, click Paste, ooh I'd say about 8 seconds.

Which I'd guess is probably about a quarter of the time it took you to type your response. HTH
Like i said, bull****, but glad you didn't waste time with this
Old 02 March 2010, 08:14 PM
amar7274
Scooby Newbie

I agree with Astraboy that there should be more people like Dr Tahir Ul Qadri. What this man is saying has been long overdue and it's about time someone said what he's saying.

These extremist and people who agree with sucidide bombings and all the rest of it are not muslims. They are in no position to call themselves muslims and they do not practise Islam as Islam does not condone their behaviour. People need to start differentiating between the two types of people and their actions.
Old 03 March 2010, 10:22 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Promotes beauty - thats why women go round dressed in burkhas is it?
Old 03 March 2010, 10:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that ScoobyWont.

He is a brave man I think but he was quoting the true basic teachings of Islam which does not encourage its followers to be terrorists but promotes quite the opposite in fact.

The trouble comes from evil self seeking people who use that religion for their own wicked reasons.

Most religions will say the same thing, since they encourage people to lead a good life and to help others rather than hurt them.

Since he is such a well respected man. we can only hope that what he says will do some good.

It is a pity that some on here are too blinkered to understand that.

Les
Old 04 March 2010, 04:19 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

This ruling is definitely a step in the right direction, but I can't see Abu Hamza giving it the thumbs-up.
Old 04 March 2010, 09:21 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by warrenm2

No that's to stop pervs leering.
Old 05 March 2010, 09:33 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
BOOF

That'll be you shortly - bursting into flames

Salman Rushdie eh - Did he ever publish that other book entitled "Buddah - you fat b@stard"?
Or his other work in progress with the snappy title of "Jesus - you drop that cross one more time and i'll nail you to it"

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Old 05 March 2010, 10:09 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenm2

I wonder what the women are like under all that cloth

Have they absolutely stunning bodies and are wearing skimpy thongs etc - you get the picture

Or are they not so pleasing on the eye wearing big granny knickers and chastity belt?

I suppose if a western man ever "looked" he'd be given lashes, stoned or some other form of islamic brutal punishment

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Or his other work in progress with the snappy title of "Jesus - you drop that cross one more time and i'll nail you to it"

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Very good - know any other future works?
Old 05 March 2010, 02:55 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by urban
I wonder what the women are like under all that cloth

Have they absolutely stunning bodies and are wearing skimpy thongs etc - you get the picture

Or are they not so pleasing on the eye wearing big granny knickers and chastity belt?

I suppose if a western man ever "looked" he'd be given lashes, stoned or some other form of islamic brutal punishment
No he'd have his ***** chopped off.
Old 05 March 2010, 04:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

It took him enough time to make his mind up
Old 05 March 2010, 09:21 PM
pdang
Scooby Newbie

banned?
Old 05 March 2010, 09:51 PM
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
No that's to stop pervs leering.
I know if I saw one of those gals and their face mask slipped, perhaps the sight of their chin might remind me too much of, say, an armpit and **** man, I might just think sideways and come across t1ts! Oh man ,t1ts, now see where this leads! I'm thinking bog roll and hell!

Would a national campaign titled 'Look, we reeeeeealy dont want to **** your missus' help?
Old 06 March 2010, 01:51 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landings
I know if I saw one of those gals and their face mask slipped, perhaps the sight of their chin might remind me too much of, say, an armpit and **** man, I might just think sideways and come across t1ts! Oh man ,t1ts, now see where this leads! I'm thinking bog roll and hell!

Would a national campaign titled 'Look, we reeeeeealy dont want to **** your missus' help?
No I think a national campaign of taking your head out of your **** would be more productive. The women do not wear the burkha/ninja suit at the behest of their husbands, they do it because they want to. I suppose you're equally concerned about nuns and their habits ( no pun intended).
Old 07 March 2010, 09:52 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
This ruling is definitely a step in the right direction, but I can't see Abu Hamza giving it the thumbs-up.
Old 07 March 2010, 10:27 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landings
I know if I saw one of those gals and their face mask slipped, perhaps the sight of their chin might remind me too much of, say, an armpit.