Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are judges on the same planet as the rest of us?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2010, 01:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Are judges on the same planet as the rest of us?

It would seem not: What a load of rubbish! Neighbours' disgust as hoarder wins right to keep garden junk | Mail Online
Old 01 March 2010, 01:41 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not far from me at all, Tricky situation.
On the one hand I understand how he wants to be able to use his properties as he see's fit. He has worked and paid for them.
On the other hand I see how this is a case of respecting your community, getting out what you put in etc etc.

If there is no health and safety breech I am not sure what legal right anyone would have to make another clean up the garden. If it was the case we would need a clean garden standard and anything less will need to be cleaned.
Who would make that standard? Would we all like it? what about landscape? would crazy paving be allowed?

Like I said tricky one to call, the repercussions of making him clean up could be worse than letting him keep it like it is.
Old 01 March 2010, 01:48 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Are you nuts, look at the state of the garden! It's not just got some rubbish piled up in the corner ... I guess if you lived next door to that tw*t your house is worthless as who'd move there?

TX.
Old 01 March 2010, 01:57 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

don't see what the problem is. if it was a health hazard, that would have been cited straight away by the council and upheld too. it's not really visible. if you wanted to move there, you'd be an idiot not to check out the neighbours and locale.

Well done him for fighting the authorities.
Old 01 March 2010, 02:00 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

nothing there that couldnt be sorted with a few gallon of v power and a stray match
Old 01 March 2010, 02:03 PM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Same planet, I do not think they are the same species. They are Lawyers, probally poor ones who never made it as a QC, enough said

As Shakspeare wrote"first, Kill the lawyers"
Old 01 March 2010, 02:03 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

That's what I mean, no one else will move there hence existing neighbours houses are now worthless. Put yourself in their shoes man!

TX.

Originally Posted by ChefDude
if you wanted to move there, you'd be an idiot not to check out the neighbours and locale.
Old 01 March 2010, 03:10 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, a gallon of petrol would take care of the problem
Old 01 March 2010, 03:23 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

My point is this, At what point do we take the way people treat their own property out of their hands.
I agree its a state, I agree it must be a nightmare for the people that live next to him and I agree that I would be annoyed if it happened here.

If this got through then a precedent is set. If you live in a road of 6 house and five of them decide they don't like your new front garden then the frame work is in place for you to have your garden leveled by the authorities.
If it was a simple as a messy guy having to tidy up then he would have been made to tidy up but as I said before its the repercussions of these reactions you have to live with.
Hence why he was allowed to decide if his own property was too messy.

The law is an ***, and maybe the likes of me should be killed (as shakespeare claimed) but a decision like this does not just stop there. You have to look at the long game when dealing with the law, that's why it takes so long to sort anything out.
Old 01 March 2010, 04:26 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

gosh yes lets COMPEL people to have their properties the way WE say they should be! His own judgement of what he does on HIS PROPERTY is irrelavent! This person MUST BE MADE to do things the way WE SAY!

Kiss your freedom goodbye
Old 01 March 2010, 04:38 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

There is freedom and then there is a line that I think has been crossed. Like many it is his 'right' to be as filthy as he likes but not his responsibility to be a decent neighbour.

Its the same all the way down. Its my right to this, the council should do xyz for me. Where's my money? Blah blah.

Remember rubbish council estates weren't rubbish when they were built, They were turned into **** tips by people exercising their right to turn it into a **** tip.

5t.
Old 01 March 2010, 04:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fivetide
There is freedom and then there is a line that I think has been crossed. Like many it is his 'right' to be as filthy as he likes but not his responsibility to be a decent neighbour.

Its the same all the way down. Its my right to this, the council should do xyz for me. Where's my money? Blah blah.

Remember rubbish council estates weren't rubbish when they were built, They were turned into **** tips by people exercising their right to turn it into a **** tip.

5t.
Agree 100%

'Rights' come with responsiilities!
Old 01 March 2010, 04:50 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Timwinner
My point is this, At what point do we take the way people treat their own property out of their hands.
I agree its a state, I agree it must be a nightmare for the people that live next to him and I agree that I would be annoyed if it happened here.

If this got through then a precedent is set. If you live in a road of 6 house and five of them decide they don't like your new front garden then the frame work is in place for you to have your garden leveled by the authorities.
If it was a simple as a messy guy having to tidy up then he would have been made to tidy up but as I said before its the repercussions of these reactions you have to live with.
Hence why he was allowed to decide if his own property was too messy.

The law is an ***, and maybe the likes of me should be killed (as shakespeare claimed) but a decision like this does not just stop there. You have to look at the long game when dealing with the law, that's why it takes so long to sort anything out.
Your right - the law is an ***

They've been trying to force this old b@stard to tidy up for years now and he's still "playing" with them
Man's waste dump fine raised to £40k - Belfast Today
I don't have pictures, but suffice to say this is a lovely place in the country and this old ******* "dump" is right bang in the middle.
Last month he was given a suspended prison sentence
That'll still not deter the old b@stard
Old 01 March 2010, 04:52 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
gosh yes lets COMPEL people to have their properties the way WE say they should be! His own judgement of what he does on HIS PROPERTY is irrelavent! This person MUST BE MADE to do things the way WE SAY!

Kiss your freedom goodbye
Would you want to live beside that?
Old 01 March 2010, 05:02 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Dirty fekker
Old 01 March 2010, 05:37 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
Dirty fekker

Old 02 March 2010, 12:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is difficult to believe that his neighbours are now forced to live with that disgusting mess next to their properties. They should have insisted that the judge should have visted the spot so that he could see for himself. Sounds like one of these PC Plonkers who makes decisions completely opposite to any kind of common sense view or fairness in order to show off his power and to impress all the lefty prats.

Les
Old 02 March 2010, 12:58 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Is he on his way to work ??

Pen in top pocket, briefcase

Old 02 March 2010, 01:05 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

There are plenty of houses around where the window frames, bargeboards and front doors need a damn good lick of paint. Their general appearance is shoddy and must devalue the neighbour's properties. Who's going to decide what's a reasonable standard? Does it vary from area to area depending on wealth? Can you have a car more than four years old on the drive? etc. etc.

Forcing him to clear up would open the floodgates IMO.
Old 02 March 2010, 01:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its a matter of degree, and this prat is well over the line. All that sort of rubbish piled up attracts rats etc.

Les
Old 02 March 2010, 02:16 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Have you read the article & seen the pics It really has nothing to do with flaking paint ... Where do you draw the line? When peeps like this are taking the p*ss, the authorities should be able to intervene.

Examples like this filthy chap are few & far between thus the floodgates can stay shut IMHO.

TX.

Originally Posted by speedking
There are plenty of houses around where the window frames, bargeboards and front doors need a damn good lick of paint. Their general appearance is shoddy and must devalue the neighbour's properties. Who's going to decide what's a reasonable standard? Does it vary from area to area depending on wealth? Can you have a car more than four years old on the drive? etc. etc.

Forcing him to clear up would open the floodgates IMO.
Old 02 March 2010, 03:30 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If he pays his rates on those two properties what is the issue?

He says he has lived there since the 1960s, on that basis I would guess junk has been stockpiled since the early 1980's.

Now if the neighbours lived there before the stockpiling of junk, I feel they are quite right to complain. HOWEVER, if the people next door moved in at a later date then tough *******. That property probably hasn't had a penny spent on it in 40 years, so it would have been obvious to anyone moving into the area that it is an eyesore.

Also the type of rubbish should be considered rather than a blanket removal order. I feel if he has food or other biodegradable rubbish kept oustide, then this should be removed on health grounds. However rotting car and piles of wood/metal on the otherhand isn't a direct health hazard. No worse than an overgrown garden (which equally provides good habitat to wildlife- rats included).
Old 02 March 2010, 04:18 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

I'm sure if the complainant knew the funny handshake a different verdict would have been reached
Old 02 March 2010, 05:25 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
If he pays his rates on those two properties what is the issue?

He says he has lived there since the 1960s, on that basis I would guess junk has been stockpiled since the early 1980's.

Now if the neighbours lived there before the stockpiling of junk, I feel they are quite right to complain. HOWEVER, if the people next door moved in at a later date then tough *******. That property probably hasn't had a penny spent on it in 40 years, so it would have been obvious to anyone moving into the area that it is an eyesore.

Also the type of rubbish should be considered rather than a blanket removal order. I feel if he has food or other biodegradable rubbish kept oustide, then this should be removed on health grounds. However rotting car and piles of wood/metal on the otherhand isn't a direct health hazard. No worse than an overgrown garden (which equally provides good habitat to wildlife- rats included).

If they have bought propertys close to him and not checked then it's their look out, buyer beware and all that.

But still he's a stinking ****** and as stated it can't be very healthy with all that ****e in the garden.
Old 02 March 2010, 09:04 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ As an aside I like your lip spoiler:

ScoobyNet - Blue Dragoon's Album: Blue Dragoon - Picture

Where did you get it?

TX.