Anyone for a slice of Apple and Blackberry pie

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2010, 10:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone for a slice of Apple and Blackberry pie

No humble left lol.

An interesting read from the head of Crackberry, putting the 2 devices up to the yard stick.

One interesting part I shall quote though, is where Kevin (thats right, first name terms lol) says exactly what I think/do

Now I don't really think of it as a douchebag phone, but for some reason I just enjoy putting iPhone owners on the defensive (it always leads to a fun conversation) and the look in the iPhone owner's face when you say it is simply priceless.
Read on if you can be bothered, interested on opinions of the opinion from both sides.

Apple iPhone 3GS From the Perspective of a BlackBerry User, Smartphone Round Robin | CrackBerry.com
Old 20 January 2010, 10:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

PS, if any iPhone fans know of a similar review, an indepth one, I would love to read the review from the other side of the fence.
Not just a bitchin blog though eh lol
Old 20 January 2010, 10:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I do agree that there are some serious douchebag iPhone owners out there, the same applies to some Mac owners as well. So smug and sure of themselves, thinking that they are just so cool because they have an iPhone. Typically with some dodgy 70's like hairstyle and popped collars on their polo-neck shirts. The pretentious prim-donna types.

Then there are the normal type of person who has an iPhone as it's quite a nice bit of kit, they aren't pretentious and go about their business without screaming "Look at me! Look at me! I'm super cool!", but alas when they bring out their iPhone people think they are part of the douchebag club.
Old 20 January 2010, 10:33 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

*nods*

and at what point will the owners grow up?
Old 20 January 2010, 10:38 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I do agree that there are some serious douchebag iPhone owners out there, the same applies to some Mac owners as well. So smug and sure of themselves, thinking that they are just so cool because they have an iPhone. Typically with some dodgy 70's like hairstyle and popped collars on their polo-neck shirts. The pretentious prim-donna types.

Then there are the normal type of person who has an iPhone as it's quite a nice bit of kit, they aren't pretentious and go about their business without screaming "Look at me! Look at me! I'm super cool!", but alas when they bring out their iPhone people think they are part of the douchebag club.
The very same can also be said for Blackberry owners too, there is no doubt. Sadly we have no mothership to return to like MacBooks etc, but a parallel can be drawn for sure. Was not trying to suggest it was one sided

I have to agree about the shadow that follows all users of such devices. Personally I dont judge a person by their choice of phone, but more how they interact on a human level.

Most people I think are dicks, I thought the same of them LONG before the invention of smartphones lol.

Seriously though as you go along it makes a really interesting read, and kinda highlights some of the finer points that both sides of the fence on here have been trying to make without bias for a while now.

Its refreshing to see it put into such non agressive wording.