Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Headphones for running?

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2010, 05:14 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headphones for running?

I used to use wrap around Sony headphones which aren't too bad especially in this weather as I wear a hat.

The problem I find is that even these ones aren't great as they seem to slip out occasionally.

Worse still is I now have the new style iPod shuffle which has controls built into the headphones, so now I have to try and find some alternatives if they exist.

I flip between iPods as I often leave one at work and have my backup in the car, the carPod (nano 3rd Gen) has the wrap around style headphones.

I suppose my question is, to those that run or do some form of exercise with their iPod, what do you use and recommend?

I also very much look forward to the incoming daft answers too.
Old 02 January 2010, 08:24 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the sweat that's letting them slip out that's why I changed to wrap around ones, the problem I have now is that because of Apple's ploy of having controls on the headphones of my shuffle I can no longer use the wrap around ones. The controls add that little bit of weight to the headphones which slowly pulls them out, mixed with the sweat of course.

Half the reason I wear a hat is to keep them in place, I accept the sweat slippage that goes with it. The option of wearing my huge ones that go over my ears and over my head isn't a good one lol.

There must be, hopefully, a solution. Stupid controls!!!!!!

Well I didn't help this by washing and tumble drying my old shuffle with the controls on the shuffle itself lol.