Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cameron - a year for change!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2010, 03:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameron - a year for change!!!

Just listened to Cameron's New Year speech.

Just the slogan 'a year for change' is bad enough - his marketing people must have spent all of 2 seconds coming up with that.

And then another speech full of nothing but generalised rhetoric. Has this party got any policies at all?

I despair!!! They should be caning the useless failed government in the polls yet if anything they are losing ground.
Old 02 January 2010, 04:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

They daren't reveal ANY policies until the election is called.

That way, they avoid Lying Labour nicking them and calling them theirs
Old 02 January 2010, 04:23 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

However bad they might be we really need a change from the *******s that are currently in power. I do think its time for change.
It would seem that two terms is about it before they get arrogant and forget they are put in power by the voters. They have no comprehension what the people need or want, they have seriously lost touch. It was just the same with Margaret Thatcher.
Old 02 January 2010, 06:45 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Gordans best friend so far - perhaps his only one lol
Old 02 January 2010, 08:26 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

It's laughable, really it is ......

The Tory Eton Boyz should be so far ahead in the polls that there can be no doubt as to who will be in power in June 2010 - the fact that they are not simply shows that the public are not as stupid as we may think (thank god!).

Do you REALLY want no NHS, no State Schools offering equal chances for all? no support for the elderly? no services? no welfare?

Do you REALLY want the rich to be richer - paid for by the middle classes?

Do you REALLY want to have 25% VAT?

Do you REALLY want to be charged £20 per prescription?

If you REALLY want the above, welcome to a Tory Britain!!

Luckily, the Tories are terrified to declare their policies ... as they will scare any voter off!

It looks to me like a hung parliment, and another election in 18 months time - at which point Labour will be seen to have the economic answers and will win by a landslide.

Remember what the Tories said to do in the Credit Crunch? Do you? I'll tell you what they said ...... "Do Nothing"!!!!!! Quite staggering I'm sure you will agree - they would have been alone in the world sitting on their hands ..... and Great Britain would have gone under!

So don't, even for one moment, think of voting for Cameron - he hasn't a clue, he has a personal fortune of £15million, he doesn't have a hint of what it's like to be an average working man!

The above is my opinion, I am not a member of any political party, I hate Labour very nearly as much as the Tories ......
Old 02 January 2010, 08:30 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

The Tory Eton Boyz should be so far ahead in the polls that there can be no doubt as to who will be in power in June 2010 - the fact that they are not simply shows that the public are not as stupid as we may think (thank god!).

Do you REALLY want no NHS, no State Schools offering equal chances for all? no support for the elderly? no services? no welfare?

Luckily, the Tories are terrified to declare their policies ... as they will scare any voter off!

It looks to me like a hung parliment, and another election in 18 months time - at which point Labour will be seen to have the economic answers and will win by a landslide.

Remember what the Tories said to do in the Credit Crunch? Do you? I'll tell you what they said ...... "Do Nothing"!!!!!! Quite staggering I'm sure you will agree - they would have been alone in the world sitting on their hands ..... and Great Britain would have gone under!

So don't, even for one moment, think of voting for Cameron - he hasn't a clue, he has a personal fortune of £15million, he doesn't have a hint of what it's like to be an average working man!

The above is my opinion, I am not a member of any political party, I hate Labour very nearly as much as the Tories ......
And the answer is to let Labour in again, to 'rubber stamp' them and the policies, lies and wholly thinking for another 5 years???

I do think the tories are the lesser of two evils - sadly that's really not saying much though is it
Old 03 January 2010, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Despite your attempt to discredit "Dave" with your inverted snobbery Pete, you obviously support Flash's attempt at a class war!

You say that they should be ahead by miles, so you must agree that your heroes have been grossly incompetent for you to admit to that.

They have lost ground in the polls and I think that "Dave's" announcement that they will give up the idea of a referendum over the Lisbon federation programme has done a great deal to lose him support. He is the third one now to bin a promise over this to the electorate. His excuse does not hold water.

Paul makes a good point however. We know just how incompetent and uninterested your heroes are when it comes to our country and also the electorate.

Another period of control by this present bunch of self seeking rubbish who are happy to throw us to the wolves over the Channel into a totalitarian police state is the very worst option for us.

The Conservatives have yet again picked the wrong man I think, David Davies would have been a better bet. But even "Dave" is a better proposition that anything this present egregious pile of crap can offer.

Les
Old 03 January 2010, 12:38 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
But even "Dave" is a better proposition that anything this present egregious pile of crap can offer.

Les
Sorry Les, but I think you will find he is as bad - he even tries to sound and look like Blair when he speaks - sadly he is the walking definition of a career politician and this country will suffer just as much no matter which way the elction goes.

Pigs at the trough, the lot of them!
Old 03 January 2010, 12:57 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

as said above, any policies they announce now will immediately be stolen by Labia - e.g. the about turn on marriage by the slack eyed **** Brown last week. It is time for change.
Old 03 January 2010, 01:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree with what you say about career politicians and also how he is modelling himself on Billy Liar. He has admired his political ability from the outset.

I just hope that his party's policies might lead us away from complete subjugation to the other corrupt bunch on the horizon although I am beginning to doubt their policies with regard to the Eu.

Your description of them all is spot on, for most of them anyway.

Les
Old 03 January 2010, 01:45 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

I've been considering emigrating ,i am that fed up with tax after tax .My sister moved to New Zealand last year .If i could sell up tomorrow i would .If there are any expats on here that could offer advice
Old 03 January 2010, 08:55 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Bye, bye then!
Old 03 January 2010, 09:00 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

I actually heard "Dave" on talksport a few weeks ago and i was encouraged to hear that the majority of emails/txts/calls were stating that following the interview, they had either decided:
1)...to do another U-turn and go back to Labour.
or
2)...Stick with what they have and extinguish any idea of going Tory.

The fact he was being "grilled" by Mike Parry and Andy Townsend (hardly at the peak of political journalism) and squirmed at most of the questions without being able to give an answer, was a little embarrassing for him, to say the least.
Keep up the good work DC, failing that, there's a job in our local Comet that would suit you

Last edited by 97TURBO; 03 January 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03 January 2010, 11:19 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I don't think the electorate are daft enough to vote the Tories in.
Old 03 January 2010, 11:29 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Plus theres daft old foggeys who despite being dumped on big style by nu labia - will continue to support them come what may

...eh Pete ...
Old 03 January 2010, 11:46 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Get shafted on my Pensions by Labour or lose the NHS when I need it under the Tories?

Health and the best health care wins every single time!
Old 03 January 2010, 11:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Oh im sorry with all your money i assumed you go private
Old 04 January 2010, 11:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Get shafted on my Pensions by Labour or lose the NHS when I need it under the Tories?

Health and the best health care wins every single time!
The conservatives have categorically stated that they will support and improve the NHS.

NL are on the edge of having no cash left to do anything much any more anyway.

Les
Old 04 January 2010, 01:15 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Les

Come on ..... don't tell me you would trust a TORY!!! You are older and wiser than that!
Old 05 January 2010, 01:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

About as much as you trust an NL man Pete!

Les
Old 05 January 2010, 03:30 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Just remember that when the last sh&t storm happened when the tories were in, they had lot's of state owned businesses to sell, including north sea oil.

Not much left now thanks to them!
Old 05 January 2010, 04:01 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

Maybe pressure needs to be put on the other parties to finally pull their fingers out and give us an alternative that we deserve instead of the flip flops of Concervative and New Labour which in truth is the same thing, they appeal to the same people on purpose and stuff the rest of us. Not wanting Gordon Brown and his ilk is not the same thing as wanting David Cameron and his equally loathesome ilk. It's too Americanised with only two parties having all the say/power and the majority of people being ignored to one degree or another, is this what they want to do to the middle east etc too?

We are NOT 2nd class Americans or anybody else, what would it take for them to see this, an English Republican Army or something? omo btw.

Last edited by Quasi Modo; 05 January 2010 at 04:02 PM.