Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reccomend me an electric oven

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2009, 02:38 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reccomend me an electric oven

My old Ariston oven fitted in the house when built (8yrs ago) has literally fallen apart. Indesit/Hotpoint tell me they cant repair it due to two parts being obsolete. Theyve offered me a discount on a new one of theirs - £200 inc fitting which isnt too bad. However if its anything like the Ariston in terms of build quality then I think I may pass (other faults including heating element blowing up).

Ive just been looking around and Neff are a bit out of budget of £500ish. Ive got a Bosch Dishwasher and Washing Machine and had no problems with either so am quite tempted to go for one of their ovens.

Anyone recommend anything else? Im talking standard single oven 60x60cm.

Cheers
Simon
Old 29 December 2009, 02:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Having used Bosch for years with absolutely no problems at all I would stick with them.

Chip
Old 29 December 2009, 02:57 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
My old Ariston oven fitted in the house when built (8yrs ago) has literally fallen apart. Indesit/Hotpoint tell me they cant repair it due to two parts being obsolete. Theyve offered me a discount on a new one of theirs - £200 inc fitting which isnt too bad. However if its anything like the Ariston in terms of build quality then I think I may pass (other faults including heating element blowing up).

Ive just been looking around and Neff are a bit out of budget of £500ish. Ive got a Bosch Dishwasher and Washing Machine and had no problems with either so am quite tempted to go for one of their ovens.

Cheers
Simon
I have been looking for the last week at ceramic hops and i cant find anything that is a good price. Try waiting for the new year sales as you are more likely to get more for your money.

If you find a good deal with an oven that includes a 60cm ceramic knobless hob i will buy the hob off you

Last edited by sarasquares; 29 December 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 29 December 2009, 03:22 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

Can't say that I could get excited over an oven, but we bought a Siemans ceramic hob and separate oven, absolutely oustanding performance; there are a hell of a lot of models in the range, we aimed for 300 € for the hob and 500 € for the oven.

The oven has some handy self cleaning, timing and set-up features.

Nik (not normally interested in this type of stuff)
Old 29 December 2009, 03:46 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I bought a ceramic hob and electric oven (Samsung) from B&Q yesterday for £330, might be worth a look their 15% sale ends today though.
Old 29 December 2009, 03:47 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
I bought a ceramic hob and electric oven (Samsung) from B&Q yesterday for £330, might be worth a look their 15% sale ends today though.
I have seen the Baumatic one for £199 and they have an induction one, is that the Samsung one?

Do you want to sell the hob?
Old 29 December 2009, 03:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
I have seen the Baumatic one for £199 and they have an induction one, is that the Samsung one?

Do you want to sell the hob?

No idea, i thought the induction hobs were quite a bit more money, they sell quite a few separates though, might be worth popping down there if ya can.
Old 29 December 2009, 03:53 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
No idea, i thought the induction hobs were quite a bit more money, they sell quite a few separates though, might be worth popping down there if ya can.

If you get the induction hobs you need magnetic pans too. And they are about double the price.

They have had the same offers since before xmas so i am hoping that new year will be different.

I have been in store a few times but nothing worth looking at yet.
Old 29 December 2009, 10:21 PM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Simon
We have a Bosch - No problems and you get 2 year guarantee where ever you buy them from.

We got our double oven from Boots Kitchen Appliances which was £150 cheaper than John Lewis

The first one on this link is £100 cheaper than JL and is well within your price range.

Plus you get Points for a Boots card and can get money back through Topcashback / Quidco
Old 29 December 2009, 10:28 PM
Volks
Scooby Regular

Ive just been looking around and Neff are a bit out of budget of £500ish.
Here you go.

Buy Neff B14M42N0GB Single Electric Oven, Stainless Steel online at JohnLewis.com

Don`t worry, it`ll be in stock soon (it was out of stock when I bought mine, took about a week I think) it comes with free delivery and a five year warranty.

Hmm, the link appears to be broken, anyway, it`s a Neff for £389.

Last edited by Volks; 29 December 2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 30 December 2009, 07:56 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the input people. Ive spoken to the House Ins and they will cover it although want to send out their own engineer to check it cant be repaired. If it cant theyll cover the cost of an equivalent replacement so hopefully get a few hundred quid out of them which means I might boost the budget and get a double oven. Can only get a mid size double i.e. 72cm height as full size will be flush with my floor which I think would look too weird with my kitchen units as there is a recess underneath them all.

Really liking the look of the Bosch ovens but going out this morning to check them out in the flesh.

Thanks
Simon